Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Thank you gents,I was thinking my first tattoo sleeve could be my treat after getting the rebate.Mentioned it to my dad who I thought would say no,keep it for a rainy day but instead he said if I'm still clean and sober then I should treat myself so I've got a reminder of the nicer things in life and why I'm not drinking and using anymore...but a shit load of Muse tickets sounds good aswell :P

Woke up with a massive smile today.

Attended a great NA meeting last night which couldn't of been more apt for me as it just happened to be discussing the foundation of recovery and how to cope with being sober and clean and how to move on.My money worries seem to be over due to my impending tax rebate,my relationship with my family has improved massively and communicating a lot better,got standing tickets for Muse next year,my landlord seems to be happy that I'm fulfilling mu promise on my rent arrears,I'm feeling comfortable and positive about my sobriety...life is good...I'm waiting for something to go wrong lol!

Woke up with a massive smile today.

Attended a great NA meeting last night which couldn't of been more apt for me as it just happened to be discussing the foundation of recovery and how to cope with being sober and clean and how to move on.My money worries seem to be over due to my impending tax rebate,my relationship with my family has improved massively and communicating a lot better,got standing tickets for Muse next year,my landlord seems to be happy that I'm fulfilling mu promise on my rent arrears,I'm feeling comfortable and positive about my sobriety...life is good...I'm waiting for something to go wrong lol!

Lovely post, hope its not to difficult over the christmas period. I had an addiction myself when I was 18/19 (20 years ago) and still have the odd urge now but its all about managing it.

Hope you can keep working on it.

Edited by thetime

Lovely post, hope its not to difficult over the christmas period. I had an addiction myself when I was 18/19 (20 years ago) and still have the odd urge now but its all about managing it.

Hope you can keep working on it.

Thanks mate ;) Glad to hear you've got to grips with your own.

The students on my course doing me proud

Never underestimate how much works goes into a lecturing course at uni, its been a total stress of epic proportions, but to see all their assignments plop into my inbox this afternoon, and opening them up for a quick glance to see that they've actually done well is a very satisfying feeling.

To be fair, at this moment in time they probably hate my guts and want me hung up in the students union for giving that assignment, it was a total bitch. But I see why people teach now. Very rewarding.

• Upvote 1

Im happy because christmas is magical when you have a 3 year old.

She thinks I was out working with santa last night to make her presents. Everytime the phone goes she thinks its santa, everytime the door goes she thinks its santa.

All the money in the world couldnt buy times like this.

Im happy because christmas is magical when you have a 3 year old.

She thinks I was out working with santa last night to make her presents. Everytime the phone goes she thinks its santa, everytime the door goes she thinks its santa.

All the money in the world couldnt buy times like this.

Made up for you. Sounds ace. My brother spread talcum powder around the floor of his daughters rooms and made foot prints in them and said they were Santa's footprints. Apparently they were mesmerised.You may want to consider the same. Just a thought.

Made up for you. Sounds ace. My brother spread talcum powder around the floor of his daughters rooms and made foot prints in them and said they were Santa's footprints. Apparently they were mesmerised.You may want to consider the same. Just a thought.

That sounds a great idea.

Happy Birthday Rufus :D Have a brilliant day.

I've been bouncing around hospitals, doctors and tests the last few weeks, health has been shit to say the least, woke up this morning completely pain free, 2 whole days with nothing but rest, a bit of light housework and hobbies to fill my time.

@metallimuse, great to read your good news, great to read you are still on the straight and narrow :)

Its my birthday :-) My eldest kids have come home for the weekend and after I have got home from work and had a sleep we are all off to the Christmas Markets. After that it is just home for DVD and engorge myself on pizza. God I'm cheap ;-)

Happy Birthday Rufus, have a good one :)

Its my birthday :-) My eldest kids have come home for the weekend and after I have got home from work and had a sleep we are all off to the Christmas Markets. After that it is just home for DVD and engorge myself on pizza. God I'm cheap ;-)

Happy birthday Rufus,have a great day mate!

I have enough of an issue with applying frontline, I have no idea how I would get any of my cats to take a pill!

They're incredibly stubborn. We've got a pillpopper, which is a long applicator, you put the pill in one end and press the plunger. it shoots the pill to the back of the cat's throat and they have to swallow.

The first time we used it was amazing, the first attempt got the pill down her. Thereafter though, she's developed a technique whereby she opens and shuts her mouth rapidly, while moving her head from side to side, thereby making it difficult to centre the device, so the pill often just goes into her cheek. And judging by the projectile rejection of the pill when she shoots it back out, she must be using some pretty fancy tonguework too. laugh.png

Happy Birthday Rufus :D Have a brilliant day.

I've been bouncing around hospitals, doctors and tests the last few weeks, health has been shit to say the least, woke up this morning completely pain free, 2 whole days with nothing but rest, a bit of light housework and hobbies to fill my time.

@metallimuse, great to read your good news, great to read you are still on the straight and narrow :)

Glad to hear you're doing better Spindles mate ;)