Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

The students on my course doing me proud

Never underestimate how much works goes into a lecturing course at uni, its been a total stress of epic proportions, but to see all their assignments plop into my inbox this afternoon, and opening them up for a quick glance to see that they've actually done well is a very satisfying feeling.

To be fair, at this moment in time they probably hate my guts and want me hung up in the students union for giving that assignment, it was a total bitch. But I see why people teach now. Very rewarding.

I teach in adult and community ed - mainly teaching basic teacher training. It's a great feeling when good assignments come in but a real grind with those that aren't quite up to the mark and you have to go into a long explanation about what they've missed.

I generally reckon that if my students do well it's because I'm a great tutor. If they do badly I console myself with the thought that they were a useless bunch anyway.

Forgot one the other day - seeing a relative's Facebook status, which said she wished her iron wasn't so low - thnking to myself why doesn't she adjust her ironing board then - and finally linking her pregnancy with anaemia.

Laughter's a good tonic. And so is your brain reminding you that you're not as bright as you'd like to think you are smile.png

Edited by feral chile

SO FUCKING EXCITED.

This promoter wants our band to play The Dublin Castle on 10th Jan and says that he can get us even higher profile support slots later on in the year of we're good enough. Over the moon! :D

When you're a big famous rockstar I think it would be a nice touch to do an eFests only gig to show you haven't lost touch :P

• Upvote 1

SO FUCKING EXCITED.

This promoter wants our band to play The Dublin Castle on 10th Jan and says that he can get us even higher profile support slots later on in the year of we're good enough. Over the moon! biggrin.png

I hope you'll invite us all to one of your gigs when you're famous, and dedicate a song to us :)

Just had a chat with one of my supervisors at work after feeling like maybe I'd move on in the new year as I don't see anyone else with the same drive as me which I find frustrating but seems my views on other staff members are shared by management so as long as they are seeing it think things will be ok.Put a smile on my face anyways.

Just had a chat with one of my supervisors at work after feeling like maybe I'd move on in the new year as I don't see anyone else with the same drive as me which I find frustrating but seems my views on other staff members are shared by management so as long as they are seeing it think things will be ok.Put a smile on my face anyways.

Were you snitching on your fellow workers.

Were you snitching on your fellow workers.

My supervisor has been a friend for years but just recently started working together.He knows I've managed venues before so I gave a frank assessment of how I saw things.I felt like a member of staff has been under performing,not doing anythingwrong but he's capable of better,and he said that the general manager had said the same thing,he hadn't noticed it himself though.Made me think that if me and the boss are in tune then that's a good thing and I don't have a lot to worry about.

My supervisor has been a friend for years but just recently started working together.He knows I've managed venues before so I gave a frank assessment of how I saw things.I felt like a member of staff has been under performing,not doing anythingwrong but he's capable of better,and he said that the general manager had said the same thing,he hadn't noticed it himself though.Made me think that if me and the boss are in tune then that's a good thing and I don't have a lot to worry about.

Sounds even worse snitching to your mate whos your supervisor. Not something I would do, understandable though as you want more work. I wouldnt do it personally, its why I never get looked at for promotion as I dont play the game. Sucking up might give me a better job and more money but couldnt live with myself...just my opinion though as were all different.

Reminds me of where I work, the ones aboce me to nothing all night and as soon as management come in they work there bollox of for 30 minutes.

Perception is reality(my favorite saying at the minute).

Sounds even worse snitching to your mate whos your supervisor. Not something I would do, understandable though as you want more work. I wouldnt do it personally, its why I never get looked at for promotion as I dont play the game. Sucking up might give me a better job and more money but couldnt live with myself...just my opinion though as were all different.

Reminds me of where I work, the ones aboce me to nothing all night and as soon as management come in they work there bollox of for 30 minutes.

Perception is reality(my favorite saying at the minute).

It's not really how you see it.I have absolutely no interest in promotion at this job and I'm not trying to cover myself in glory.I go to work to work and I work hard and with the profession I'm in I accept that not all staff share the same view as me and its just extra pocket money to them.With those individuals I will encourage and give my time to so they enjoy work and create a good atmosphere.Other people are there to work and want to advance and equally I will give them all the help possible but if you are a slacker or can do better I will tell you.

With this individual in question I thought he was fantastic when I joined but I've come to realize that he actually isn't.He talks a good game but doesn't back it up.The annoying thing is I know he is capable of so much more and have been trying to show him and teach him how to go about things but he doesn't want to listen which is in turn affecting the quality of the product that we provide and making life difficult for the rest of us.

I have not come out and said he's bad at his job intact during my discussion with my supervisor I went out of my way to say that he can deliver the nuts and bolts of the job and can be a great plus for the team but he is not delivering,not taking advice and is stagnating which I find frustrating as there are not many others who I think can do the job as well as he could.He's a work in progress but at the moment he's not firing on all cylinders.

It's not really how you see it.I have absolutely no interest in promotion at this job and I'm not trying to cover myself in glory.I go to work to work and I work hard and with the profession I'm in I accept that not all staff share the same view as me and its just extra pocket money to them.With those individuals I will encourage and give my time to so they enjoy work and create a good atmosphere.Other people are there to work and want to advance and equally I will give them all the help possible but if you are a slacker or can do better I will tell you.

With this individual in question I thought he was fantastic when I joined but I've come to realize that he actually isn't.He talks a good game but doesn't back it up.The annoying thing is I know he is capable of so much more and have been trying to show him and teach him how to go about things but he doesn't want to listen which is in turn affecting the quality of the product that we provide and making life difficult for the rest of us.

I have not come out and said he's bad at his job intact during my discussion with my supervisor I went out of my way to say that he can deliver the nuts and bolts of the job and can be a great plus for the team but he is not delivering,not taking advice and is stagnating which I find frustrating as there are not many others who I think can do the job as well as he could.He's a work in progress but at the moment he's not firing on all cylinders.

Fair play,as I said were all different.

I do the least I can do without being bollocked, do my job and fuck of home. Got no interest in any other element in the work place like getting ahead/social part of the workplace. I just love getting my job done and spending time witht he family and firends, work to live and all that.

Like I said were all different, wasnt having a go or anything.

See,I've never understood people that just punch in and punch out at work.We all have to work so why not give it some effort?I'm not saying to be concerned with a career and strive for the top but I've always put every effort into work on a day to day basis and grafted.It frustrates me when others don't.

See,I've never understood people that just punch in and punch out at work.We all have to work so why not give it some effort?I'm not saying to be concerned with a career and strive for the top but I've always put every effort into work on a day to day basis and grafted.It frustrates me when others don't.

Less you do, less they ask you to do. Basically spend my night shift on the internet, listening to music and watching night time tv!

Happy Days.bye.gif

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

My other tax rebate cheques came through already.I'm finally in the black!Decided not to get my tattoo sleeve as a reward though and stay firmly in the black for awhile.It's satisfying to know I have substantial (in my eyes) money as a safety net and not be living hand to mouth.

• Upvote 2