NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game prices can always be dear the Playstation one launched at £299.99 whilst the Sega Saturn did at £399.99, Nintendo 64 was the cheapest at £249.99.

To be honest the price of actual games have come down whilst production costs have skyrocketed, if games were mars bars they should really cost over a £100 each

I dont really have a massive problem with game prices if you get your moneys worth out of them. I played BFBC2 for well over 100 hours, it cost me £40ish. by the same token, I played crackdown 2 for about 10 hours, and portal 2 for about the same - both cost about £40.

the biggest ripoff, and one that sticks in the throat the most, is the price of "games on demand" on 360, and similar. I mentioned last week that I was gonna buy MW2 as an impulse buy, it was £40 - no physical disc, no packaging, no logistical cost, no retailer margins, and no tradein value. GOD should be £20-£25 tops.

I dont really have a massive problem with game prices if you get your moneys worth out of them. I played BFBC2 for well over 100 hours, it cost me £40ish. by the same token, I played crackdown 2 for about 10 hours, and portal 2 for about the same - both cost about £40.

the biggest ripoff, and one that sticks in the throat the most, is the price of "games on demand" on 360, and similar. I mentioned last week that I was gonna buy MW2 as an impulse buy, it was £40 - no physical disc, no packaging, no logistical cost, no retailer margins, and no tradein value. GOD should be £20-£25 tops.

• 2 weeks later...

The games on demand stuff is amazingly high prices - but I guess it makes sense. It'd sort of demine the 'little guys' making your castle crashers, braid, Outland etc if they had to compete against juggernauts like MW2 and such at the same price.

It could be the retailers too, I doubt they're happy about games they paid for and have hundreds of thousands in stock being sold online. Last thing Microsoft / Sony can do is undercut them...

Think the start of this summer is going to be catching up on platinums for me. Got Burnout plat a few days ago as it was free PS+ (Which I'll prob subscribe to) and working on finishing up Borderlands now. Hoping to plat FFXIII, Wipeout (PRob not good enough :(), Vanquish, New Vegas and Dead Space before buying some new games... most likely Portal 2, Resonance of Fate and Enslaved.

Really is a bare looking summer for game releases, looks like Deus Ex will kick off the rather amazing xmas months.

Blimey, no updates for 2 weeks?! Has everyone given up gaming for the summer?

I did for a while, but I've been playing a bit recently.

Been on the Megadrive Collection recently. It's amazing how far that console went. The early games are absolutely, totally, and utterly shite. Dreadful. Flicky, Super Thunderblade, Bonanza Bros, Alex Kidd - f**king terrible.

But there are some gems there too - Sonic (naturally), Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Comix Zone etc. And Sonic Spinball is still pretty playable.

Not bad for a fiver really.

How are you all, anyway? Not been on here in aaaaaages.

I'm actually quite enjoying blops, even though I'm well behind the curve against everyone else. I dont know the maps at all, only jungle, shooting range and nuketown. I didnt give it enough of a chance when I flogged it within a week of it coming out. treyarch have actually done a great job supporting it with patches, balancing and tweaks. I have bought all 3 map packs, and really like the new ones, the golf course one (which is a remake of one of the WAW maps I believe) is beautiful.

its hard being level 33 when every fecker else is 10th prestige plus. I still cant find a setup I am really comfortable with, the famas is obviously a good gun, but I'm shit with recoil, so keep going back to the M16, but it really needs precise aiming. I'm looking forward to the g11 or whatever its called.

Very little to interest me coming out in the near future.

Been playing BFBC2 again online. Ordered eternal sonata and mass effect 2 which I'm gonna give a second run through

Need to start saving for November! :P

Edited by minute5072

So after reading all of your reviews of LA Noire I decided to ignore everything that was said and just buy it. I am so glad I did it. I am no master of the whole questioning thing, but it reminds me of a really good Police quest 4, the only criticism is there should be a quick travel option as driving can sometimes be a little boring. But I really can't stop playing it, so glad I got it!

So after reading all of your reviews of LA Noire I decided to ignore everything that was said and just buy it. I am so glad I did it. I am no master of the whole questioning thing, but it reminds me of a really good Police quest 4, the only criticism is there should be a quick travel option as driving can sometimes be a little boring. But I really can't stop playing it, so glad I got it!

been hitting the steam summer sale, picked up Football Manager 2011 (the first one I've played for about 4 years) just installed it and I can't find anything. Also picked up Plants Vs Zombie's which is great fun!

I've been pretty busy with festivals of late so I haven't had much time for gaming. Went back to LA Noire after a break and I'm finding it increasingly dull. Once you've collected the evidence it's ok but going around looking at broken bottles gets incredibly tedious after a while. I'm gonna soldier on with it but really I'm hoping I can get into it again otherwise I'll just be glad to finish it.