The Common lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

36 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

proximity to Bristol innit. People always said the same about Shambala (which although not near Bristol i think it was started by Bristol people)

As a northerner that's never occurred to us before. But totally makes sense. Especially with SH being run by a Bristol Producer Group now as well. 

25 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Not sure how this year's Common is much weaker than last year's tbh.WEB-STATIC_2023-The-Common-Glastonbury_HolyMoly-FINAL.png

Well, variety in music policy is one. Far fewer techno artists, this year. The "names" that immediately jump out from 2023 are Bryan Gee, Bou, Hedex, Effy, Haai, Kurupt FM, SPFDJ, Shanti & Saoirse, Sub Focus, Dimension, D-Minds. Not to mention the B2B sets from Blessed Madonna/Fred Again and Fatboy Slim/Can't remember. Of course, they might also have some b2bs this year, but they're not on the initial poster

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well, variety in music policy is one. Far fewer techno artists, this year. The "names" that immediately jump out from 2023 are Bryan Gee, Bou, Hedex, Effy, Haai, Kurupt FM, SPFDJ, Shanti & Saoirse, Sub Focus, Dimension, D-Minds. Not to mention the B2B sets from Blessed Madonna/Fred Again and Fatboy Slim/Can't remember. Of course, they might also have some b2bs this year, but they're not on the initial poster

i think Mella Dee b2b Tasha was one of the TBA temple slots last year , but could be getting mixed up with elsewhere

32 minutes ago, Smozmorris said:

I love my techno night in the Common every year, last 2 years were awesome..please can you name the names that you said there is plenty to repeat that? I'm out of the game but still love it!

I think Techno night (if they’re still doing that) will be Manni Dee and Daria Kolosova  (i’ve posted some links to Hör sets in the Elecronica and Dance thread), and possibly Kink

3 hours ago, Long Drop said:

The last time I was at the temple it was a Mexican wrestling ring, is there ever a time when it isn't rammed?

Early Monday morning is a good shout, around 1.00am onwards 😉

I must be getting slow...

It took me several minutes before I noticed that the color of the little star after each name matched the stage they were playing.
image.png.277c140e2620adebf43b86f35f121b04.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mike A said:

I must be getting slow...

It took me several minutes before I noticed that the color of the little star after each name matched the stage they were playing.
image.png.277c140e2620adebf43b86f35f121b04.png

I'm not sure you're right! The names on the right of each line have no star after the name. So are they playing the venue of the coloured star before them?! Also, and I will concede if wrong, but no way is Manni Dee playing the Mez Yard! 

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm not sure you're right! The names on the right of each line have no star after the name. So are they playing the venue of the coloured star before them?! Also, and I will concede if wrong, but no way is Manni Dee playing the Mez Yard! 

Ben

Hmm, 'Rum Shack Wild Card' doesn't have the Rum Shack color either before or after.
Maybe "there's no pattern" 🙃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Great to see Kae Tempest is back again. Would be great to see them on a major stage again soon though! 

Agree! although the year they did a set at The Rum Shack was one of my favorite performances of theirs.  Wouldn't be glasto with out Kae there in some context.  

31 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

Any techno recommendations? I always try and have a few hours in the temple if there’s some on. I don’t recognise many off the poster 

Where do we expect Kink to play?

There's conspicuously little techno in the Common this year. There never is much, but this year is especially sparse.

Daria Kolosova, Manni Dee and KiNK (if he does indeed play a techno set...) is just about your lot. Saying that, if they had the three of them for one night in the Temple, I'd be there with bells on.

Ben

• Like 1