Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

The Smile not playing?? nOOO

That’s the latest I’ve heard but hoping it’s a fluid situation that changes as dying to see them.

As per all the other bits I’ve been told, I have no idea how dynamic things get between poster and set times, so imagine there’s a chance that days/orders could change.

3 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

That’s the latest I’ve heard but hoping it’s a fluid situation that changes as dying to see them.

As per all the other bits I’ve been told, I have no idea how dynamic things get between poster and set times, so imagine there’s a chance that days/orders could change.

Hey Little Thief, have you heard anything about Anohni & the Johnsons playing?

25 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Quite a bit of overlap to be fair, must be similar sources.

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Woodsies Sat headliner is Gossip, Sleaford subbing and Yard Act before them.

Anohni on Park? 

Edit: Sorry just been asked!

Edited by UncleJunior

24 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

Quite a bit of overlap to be fair, must be similar sources.

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Woodsies Sat headliner is Gossip, Sleaford subbing and Yard Act before them.

I forgot an important part. There’s a ‘special guest’ before Yard Act on Woodsies on the Sat. No clues on who though.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Gossip headlining Woodsies is weak as piss - thought they’d be subbing at best or possibly lower. Not doing much to shake the Glastobudget shouts.

Was kind of expecting The Smile to skip it so that’s not too surprising.

Gossip playing a bizarrely large outdoor gig here in Dublin. Whoever their booking agent is clearly doing a good job at getting them the biggest gigs possible. Might not be so good when they play to piss-poor crowds, but they'll already have their money at that point I guess.....

I'm not even particularly a fan but The Gossip playing high up the bill in Woodsies is about right, no? Would put them on a level with Jamie T, Hot Chip, Phoenix etc. Glastonbudget shouts about one rumoured headliner, on a stage that is pretty much a mecca for middling indie bands, seems a bit OTT.

3 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

I'm not even particularly a fan but The Gossip playing high up the bill in Woodsies is about right, no? Would put them on a level with Jamie T, Hot Chip, Phoenix etc. Glastonbudget shouts about one rumoured headliner, on a stage that is pretty much a mecca for middling indie bands, seems a bit OTT.

Although Woodsies headliners do tend to fluctuate quite a bit I’d say Gossip are very much on the weak end of the spectrum. Possibly a blind spot for me but a band largely known for a single song almost two decades ago seems like a very sh*t Woodsies headliner, but maybe I’m completely underestimating their lasting appeal and I’m open to be proven wrong post-festival if they manage to draw a sizeable crowd.

Glastobudget shout wasn’t just aimed squarely at Gossip but also with the knowledge of LCD sub, PJ on before etc - hardly screaming huge bookings thus far, but was only being silly anyway. I’m sure/I hope the lineup will be good at large.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There was a whole Gossip takeover thing on 6 Music the other day, so at the very least someone there believes they're still relevant. 

6Music have been pushing Gossip pretty hard since this come back. They're headlining the 6Music fest tonight I believe.

That song is offensive though, sounds like an Anastacia tribute.

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although Woodsies headliners do tend to fluctuate quite a bit I’d say Gossip are very much on the weak end of the spectrum. Possibly a blind spot for me but a band largely known for a single song almost two decades ago seems like a very sh*t Woodsies headliner, but maybe I’m completely underestimating their lasting appeal and I’m open to be proven wrong post-festival if they manage to draw a sizeable crowd.

Glastobudget shout wasn’t just aimed squarely at Gossip but also with the knowledge of LCD sub, PJ on before etc - hardly screaming huge bookings thus far, but was only being silly anyway. I’m sure/I hope the lineup will be good at large.

Sleaford Mods subbing, if I have read that right, would shout budget restraints to me more than the Gossip, though maybe I'm underestimating their popularity.