International Politics

kalifire

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Israel saying that unless Hamas releases all hostages in next three weeks they'll invade Rafah...so the ball in Hamas' court I guess.

has been for months, this just makes people join up the dots to think it. Hamas wanted Gaza destroyed, and Palestinians killed, cos they knew that's what would happen.

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Israel saying that unless Hamas releases all hostages in next three weeks they'll invade Rafah...so the ball in Hamas' court I guess.

The thing is, that's an unreasonable demand, framed as a reasonable one. The reason hostage exchange is usually done simultaneously is because there's no trust for the other side to follow-up.

Israel are doing this to attempt to make it look like they're being reasonable, while in fact just manufacturing an excuse to carry on with genocide.

Similarly, Hamas can point to this as unreasonable escalation and threats, instead of a direct hostage exchange, and go "look at them commiting war crimes, see how we're fighting for you against this oppressor!" and keep on with their own terrorism.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

The thing is, that's an unreasonable demand, framed as a reasonable one. The reason hostage exchange is usually done simultaneously is because there's no trust for the other side to follow-up.

Israel are doing this to attempt to make it look like they're being reasonable, while in fact just manufacturing an excuse to carry on with genocide.

Similarly, Hamas can point to this as unreasonable escalation and threats, instead of a direct hostage exchange, and go "look at them commiting war crimes, see how we're fighting for you against this oppressor!" and keep on with their own terrorism.

yeah, it is unreasonable...but that is what Israel are doing, using the ultimate threat. What do you do?

15 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Well for a start the UK and US could stop supplying Israel with weapons!

israel make a lot of it's own weapons, but many of weapons it does import come from US and Germany...and anyway the whole point of Israel having all these weapons is because they are surrounded by hostile countries, that is the reality. 

I think some sort of financial pressure needs to be put on Israel though, sanctions or whatever.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Seems a poor tactic. 

London would be obliterated but then their country would be defenceless.  I'm not sure he's thought this through. 

London is the only part of the country worth having to a conqueror it's not like we're resource rich to strip bare .

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Seems a poor tactic. 

London would be obliterated but then their country would be defenceless.  I'm not sure he's thought this through. 

They'd also lose the billions still hidden there. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

She’s back! I guess Elon decided the backlash wouldn’t be worth it? 

IMG_1054.thumb.png.0286f4039737dc8e5de6f882f27a6ca8.png

only thing elon care about is his ego and bank account? guess hes scares of vlad damaging them, which is why the account got suspended in the first place. 

(i could have out an inane comment here).

Netanyahu's day after plan...

- Freedom of Activity by the IDF within the Gaza Strip.
- The Complete Disarmament and Demobilization of the Gaza Strip.
- Total Security Control by Israel over the West Bank.
- Partial/Total Closure of the Border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt.
- Establishment of a Security Zone between Southern Israel and the Gaza Strip.
- Creation of a De-Radicalization Program which will be implemented in all Palestinian Institutions.
- Removal of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency from the Palestinian Territories.
- The Rehabilitation of the Gaza Strip once Demilitarization is Complete and De-Radicalization has begun, with Funding only coming from Israeli-Approved Countries and Organizations.