UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

her and King Charles go into hospital for some procedures and both come out with cancer diagnoses.

and both wave their priority cancer treatment in the faces of the plebs that have to wait for the tories to fix the nhs.

jeremy spelling mistake has been shooting his gob off

earning more than £100,000, and he said: "I am aware that it is not huge salary in our area if you have a mortgage to pay."

as someone brought up in the neighbouring constituency  i know hes right about how much many people in farnham, guilford, etc earn. full on commuter belt with  bankers, spooks and civil servants (as abuilding trade I  once  [about 1980] worked on a big  posh house [with servants quarters] just outside of farnham, where the owner was a doctor who had been the queens doctor). lots of houses round there with servants quarters.

also lots of rich rock stars round there, spelling mistake's constituency i know has eric clapton, phil collins & more living in it. (i know that cos i once went to a party at claptons). also most of status quo, i once worked at parfitt's house, and penelope keiths too.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Neil said:

and both wave their priority cancer treatment in the faces of the plebs that have to wait for the tories to fix the nhs.

The hardest part is the length of time it take to get referred by your GP. Once you get referred to a hospital, I've found the treatment is really fast and efficient, using both NHS and private treatment centres (when referred by the NHS) 

Edited by Ommadawn

15 hours ago, lazyred said:

That link does not show what you said it does. The reported views are gender critcal, a viewpoint protected in law and consistent with the uk equality acts. 

Mein Kampf is quoted in the context of someone accusing  trans activists of telling a big lie

Saying that Mein Kampf is quoted so as to describe a target minority in the same way as Hitler described the Jews isn't a good thing?

34 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

trans activists of telling a big lie

dunno what big lie you're referring to, but i can think of several they like to use.

i've got a cousin who lives in Norfolk who i rarely see, turns out he's a hardcore kipper so I've been taking the piss out of him on Facebook, he tells me we've not left the EU, and we still send them membership money. i guess that's the stupid kipper angle on 2024.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Saying that Mein Kampf is quoted so as to describe a target minority in the same way as Hitler described the Jews isn't a good thing?

But you used the article as justification for grouping LGB Alliance with white supremisists and the reported comments  don't support that. Basically the reported comments (not even LGB Alliance as you implied) were feminists accusing trans activists of using the same tactics as Hitler in Mein Kampf. So they weren't postive about Mein Kampf they were negative.

I don't know about LGB alliance so I looked at their website. The list of trustees and patrons are establishment figures. They include longstanding gay rights activists and feminists and a Labour peer who used to be a trade union leader. Their main concern seems to be keeping a definiton of being gay and lesbian based on same sex attraction.

Its quite sad really. Two groups of gay rights/feminist activists who probably agree on 90% of stuff shouting nazi and facist at each other.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

But you used the article as justification for grouping LGB Alliance with white supremisists and the reported comments  don't support that. Basically the reported comments (not even LGB Alliance as you implied) were feminists accusing trans activists of using the same tactics as Hitler in Mein Kampf. So they weren't postive about Mein Kampf they were negative.

I don't know about LGB alliance so I looked at their website. The list of trustees and patrons are establishment figures. They include longstanding gay rights activists and feminists and a Labour peer who used to be a trade union leader. Their main concern seems to be keeping a definiton of being gay and lesbian based on same sex attraction.

They were using the exact phrasing Hitler said about the Jews about trans people. And as a reminder, trans people were also targeted in the holocaust.

The thing is, hate groups don't publicly start their arguments by saying "lets murder our targets". They start with something softer, and usually something that actually is reasonable, and then claim their target are trying to take that away. And they are a hate group.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

Its quite sad really. Two groups of gay rights/feminist activists who probably agree on 90% of stuff shouting nazi and facist at each other.

This bit I agree with. The thing is though, LGB Alliance are defining themselves by the exclusion of trans people and the removal of intersectionality from queer rights and feminism. Their very existence is focused on fighting against trans people having rights in society. They work with literal fascists - literally with people who take away abortion rights, and equate queer people with paedos.

Maintaining intersectionality is vital when fighting for human rights and fighting against the patriarchal systems. Rejecting that leads us nowhere.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Green surge

much like the corbyn election problem, the greens will find their votes are in the wrong places to be electorally successful.

Don't forget Ukip still exist so Reform are no 'kippers'

Reform were created by people who did not think Ukip were radical/right enough and members of Britain First joined up.

So Ukip and Reform are different beasts, both racist but one far more racist and nasty than the other. The fact that 10-15% of people might vote for Reform says all too much about the state of the UK.

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The LDs will benefit from the Tory collapse but they should be doing much better.

they won't do so well if tory vote switchers vote reform.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Don't forget Ukip still exist so Reform are no 'kippers'

Reform were created by people who did not think Ukip were radical/right enough and members of Britain First joined up.

So Ukip and Reform are different beasts, both racist but one far more racist and nasty than the other. The fact that 10-15% of people might vote for Reform says all too much about the state of the UK.

i think most of their voter think they're voting ukip. also lots of ex-kippers reckon we haven't left the EU yet.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I hope Starer holds firm on this. The New Deal for Workers has already been watered down and is still under attack from business and now the Blairites. This seems to be part of the reason for the recent briefing against Sue Gray. She's taken against the Blairites who thought they would control Starmer's office in power and sided with Angela Raynor on workers rights.