UK Politics

kalifire

19 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They just had Rees-Mogg on the news saying how this is terrible for Labour as they didn’t get over 50% of the votes…

He also said the only reason he was at the count was because he presents a show on GB News. The state of the Tories. 

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nah come on - not all recessions are equal. So by your logic the 2008 crash and now are like for like? That’s ludicrous.

The economy is not in a great shape but it is by very definition a mild recession. 2008 saw massive unemployment and the near collapse of the banking system! 

Yeah for sure this is a mild/shallow recession - its not media spin, its what analysts are calling it (and what it is relative to other recessions).

Of course that's still not a good thing, but it is a factual description. It would still be called the same under Labour.

4 minutes ago, cellar said:

Yeah for sure this is a mild/shallow recession - its not media spin, its what analysts are calling it (and what it is relative to other recessions).

Of course that's still not a good thing, but it is a factual description. It would still be called the same under Labour.

Yeah of course. The economy is stagnant and has been for years and years but to imply all recessions are equal is daft. 

Wish they would just hurry up and have an election. Instead we have to wait till at least October! It's embarrassing watching Sunak cling to power for a few more months.

I doubt we end up in full wipe-out territory, but that Reform figure must be terrifying for Tory HQ. Imagine Farage makes a return to frontline politics with Reform too... 

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I doubt we end up in full wipe-out territory, but that Reform figure must be terrifying for Tory HQ. Imagine Farage makes a return to frontline politics with Reform too... 

I think he's said he won't unless Labour introduce PR as its pointless under FPTP. There could be a number he's secretly looking at though. I'm not sure what the SNP's break through number was?

31 minutes ago, lost said:

I think he's said he won't unless Labour introduce PR as its pointless under FPTP. There could be a number he's secretly looking at though. I'm not sure what the SNP's break through number was?

He says a lot of things but at the end of the day he will do whatever he thinks benefits him the most. 

Reform will still get 0 seats but they could get 10-12% of the vote like UKIP in 2015 and this time it would be way more at the Tories' expense. 

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Incredible! Labour win both safe Tory seats! 

no one who knows Kingswood would call it a safe tory seat, is a proper working class area.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

this genius

the reform candidate in kingswood campaigned on stopping building on the greenbelt, that's not something an MP has power over its a local council tthing.

thats the sh*t quality of reform politicians.

Reform, like with UKIP before them, will have higher numbers in by-elections to try and scare Tories into behaving as they want them to. I wouldn't be surprised if they're high, but I still don't believe they'll get seats.

Might be a bigger deal in the red wall.