UK Politics

kalifire

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Please kick me out

I thought he was the leader.

I know Dianne Abbott gets some stick but she’s been continuously elected by her people since 1987 and she’s a good MP. Hackney love her and if she stands as an indie she’ll win and Labour aren’t getting that seat. Bloody stupid if you ask me! 

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

michael gove has quit depriving us of seeing him lose. 

We don’t see him lose and he get loads of money so basically he wins. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

but he has to live in camberley. lose.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Gove holds an 18,349 Tory majority The Lib Dems were second in the 2019 general election, winning 16,009 votes

significant majority though ... interesting he thinks hes not going to retain , or maybe just earnt enough through corruption 

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought he was the leader.

I know Dianne Abbott gets some stick but she’s been continuously elected by her people since 1987 and she’s a good MP. Hackney love her and if she stands as an indie she’ll win and Labour aren’t getting that seat. Bloody stupid if you ask me! 

Does it really make a difference if Corbyn or Abbott do win as independents? It’s not like they are suddenly going to vote differently because they aren’t labour MPs.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Does it really make a difference if Corbyn or Abbott do win as independents? It’s not like they are suddenly going to vote differently because they aren’t labour MPs.

Only from the perspective of winning an overall majority. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

happy bank holiday weekend everyone 

Rumours from CCHQ that Rishi Sunak is considering jacking it all in and not standing himself..

Is that part of his plan he keeps telling us about? 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

If Sunak had beaten Truss in that leadership race things could have been quite different.

Absolutely, but he didn’t. Even though he became PM legitimately and within the rules, perhaps this grizly ending should have been expected when he’s without mandate. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

If Sunak had beaten Truss in that leadership race things could have been quite different.

I don’t think he really had a path to victory with the system they had in place. His best chance was probably to lend votes to Penny to keep Truss out of the final 2 , but I suspect he would have lost her to well.

12 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Gove holds an 18,349 Tory majority The Lib Dems were second in the 2019 general election, winning 16,009 votes

significant majority though ... interesting he thinks hes not going to retain , or maybe just earnt enough through corruption 

there's been some polling which has him as toast, more-so than spelling mistake Camberley ( Gove's constituency ) is a feckin' horrid place, that thinks a lot of itself; cultural desert.