UK Politics

kalifire

13 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

time and respect for Carla Denyer.

did you happen to hear her lies on radio four this morning, claiming that sewerage overflow is the result of privatisation (surely she's not that poorly informed of the facts) and the greens will fix it, I'd love to see the costings for that.

16 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

and I think Starmer is enabling and encouraging racism and xenophobia so as to appeal to a type of voter that mostly only exists in his head

the greens are doing that too, with the Bristol east candidate. with an inference onto the voters for what they think.("because they're brown skinned, they'll like the anti-semite")

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Good old Nige...loves this country so much he's off trying to make it in the US.

he's probably been offered some more Russian gold.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

did you happen to hear her lies on radio four this morning, claiming that sewerage overflow is the result of privatisation (surely she's not that poorly informed of the facts) and the greens will fix it, I'd love to see the costings for that.

It partially is though? Privatisation has meant that companies are taking money out as dividends that should have gone into infrastructure. It's led to multiple individual monopolies around the country while rich foreign owners pocket bill-payers money. Even Rees-Mogg has said they should be seized back without pay to the owners!

Fixing it is a nightmare, and isn't as simple as renationalisation. However renationalisation and improvement of the water companies can more realistically meet the public's expectations than renationalising the trains could.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

the greens are doing that too, with the Bristol east candidate. with an inference onto the voters for what they think.("because they're brown skinned, they'll like the anti-semite")

Yep. Every single political party is doing it. I don't like it from anyone and I'm criticising them all. As I said, I'm not being tribal, I just want to vote for someone campaigning for left-wing policies who isn't racist. It's a disappointingly difficult bar.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Swinney making the SNP vote against sanctions for Michael Matheson is a great start to their campaign!

I see the SNP vote collapsing down to around a dozen seats actually. I think without Sturgeon, and having gone back to Swinney but giving Forbes a prominent position, they're in negative momentum and their failures will stand out more than their successes.

5 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yep. Every single political party is doing it. I don't like it from anyone and I'm criticising them all. As I said, I'm not being tribal, I just want to vote for someone campaigning for left-wing policies who isn't racist. It's a disappointingly difficult bar.

thangam

Oh boy

BREAKING Police Scotland has submitted a report in connection with the alleged "embezzlement of funds from the Scottish National Party" to prosecutors. The force says investigations continue and it will make no further comment. 

any reason why Manchester buses are being leant out for use in Bristol??

is there no need for buses in Manchester?

5 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I see the SNP vote collapsing down to around a dozen seats actually. I think without Sturgeon, and having gone back to Swinney but giving Forbes a prominent position, they're in negative momentum and their failures will stand out more than their successes.

them being the green's poodle hasn't helped them.

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

Swinney making the SNP vote against sanctions for Michael Matheson is a great start to their campaign!

snp approve of taking the piss on expenses, in a minute they'll be complaining about how something is done badly at Westminster.

7 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Tbh if anyone connected to Sturgeon gets charged with embezzlement, they've got bigger issues than homophobe Forbes

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Tbh if anyone connected to Sturgeon gets charged with embezzlement, they've got bigger issues than homophobe Forbes

another fraud case connected to the snp,  who'd 'ave thought it, snp  and fraud are strongly linked; the whole indie thing is a big fraud , so shouldn't be a surprise to find people at it,