UK Politics

kalifire

43 minutes ago, lost said:

They want the hole plugged with charge by mile driving costs and broadening the VAT base. I wonder if Labour will listen.

As much as I like 'drive by the mile' to replace road fund license any party that bought it in would have to do one hell of a good sales job else the public would revolt big time - I had a  conversation on the subject years ago with our local Green party leader who thought the public would like it and know it would save most of them money.

28 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

As much as I like 'drive by the mile' to replace road fund license any party that bought it in would have to do one hell of a good sales job else the public would revolt big time - I had a  conversation on the subject years ago with our local Green party leader who thought the public would like it and know it would save most of them money.

zero chance of that happening...petrolheads will go mental.

2 hours ago, lost said:

They want the hole plugged with charge by mile driving costs and broadening the VAT base. I wonder if Labour will listen.

the mile driving costs must be to cover the drop in fuel duties as people switch to electric.

labour are inheriting a sh*t situation with few options for how to fix it.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

building houses is a great way to drive all-round growth in the economy. when people buy houses they buy all sorts of shite to put in the building, and keep on spending.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but apparently this drop isn't as low as expected which means a rate cut next month less likely.

Not being funny but where the bloody hell is Ozanne?! I almost miss him coming in every month and saying IRs need to be cut pronto.

32 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Come on Rishi, go for a Summer election while the inflation news is good

We only get the feelgood factor when the Tories are gone 

39 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What else could it actually be? Aw god I really hope so!! They're f**ked anyway, at least if they do it in the summer it gives a slight impression of not hanging on for dear life.

https://x.com/lewis_goodall/status/1793268064764473813

My bet is on number 4

Edited by kaosmark2

Looking at the Euro 2024 schedule… England are likely to breeze through the group stages and then face a third place team from group D/E/F in the Round of 16. The quarter finals begin on 5th July.

So the point at which there’s going to be the most optimistic fever around England’s chances (without much risk of an upset knockout) is… July 4th!

FB_IMG_1716386507094.jpg