Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

34 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just a question and obviously we all like different things but why do people like silent discos? I’ve done them before at festivals with more noise restrictions and less amplified music late at night but would you choose silent disco over actual sound systems? 

For a 20/30 mim laugh yes but not for any serious amount of time. The fun i suppose is different people/friends on different channels. 

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just a question and obviously we all like different things but why do people like silent discos? I’ve done them before at festivals with more noise restrictions and less amplified music late at night but would you choose silent disco over actual sound systems? 

The silent disco at kendal calling is really good fun, you have 2 djs competing and you can change the channel. It’s also in the woods which gives it a vibe. 

42 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve actually never done one, but the Mrs used to love them when she did them at Kendal calling.

If it’s more music  like what they used to have on live at Williams Green after hours then I’d be up for it. 

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

late at night they very definitely fill a hole , not everyone is wanting the hugely busier  SEC and similar , Iconic sing along anthems bring something different , lift those headphones and look at the smiles around you . they just bring such fun , a few hours after seeing more live bands is brilliant either that or im happy seeking a bar or 2 with some cheese playing . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Being able to choose different channels/genres and have others be able to choose… then looking at each other/around at people dancing out of sync and maybe switching. Listening to the ridiculous shuffling. It’s very silly but fun if you are in the mood.

At Glastonbury though, the main appeal if you were in the area would probably be that it wouldn’t be rammed or involve a trek across the site.

9 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

How confident are people feeling that we'll get something new from Arcadia? I hope not but I'm feeling like there's a chance we're getting same old spider in that field.

Before someone has a go I know 'the spider is great for newbies still'. Doesn't stop me wanting to see something new though 😜

I'd be really surprised if they came back with something they tried to retire 7 years ago. 

Couple years after COVID and with the planning drama are all fine for it to return for a year or two but would really expect it to move on now, and all signs do point theft waY. 

Edited by Leyrulion

7 hours ago, Claire0406 said:

As in the EPO passes will have a photo on them now? 

Loads of crew collect their wristbands from inside the festival. They showed the ticket and just needed an id that matched the name of the ticket to be let in the pedestrian gates. Sounds like all tickets might have a photo on this year if @crazyfool is right. 

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Loads of crew collect their wristbands from inside the festival. They showed the ticket and just needed an id that matched the name of the ticket to be let in the pedestrian gates. Sounds like all tickets might have a photo on this year if @crazyfool is right. 

I’ve worked it a few times, and it has always surprised me how easy it would be to get into the festival without a ticket 

13 hours ago, stuie said:

Due to the lack of other options for people who don't like DJs i think

14 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

We still thinking the silent disco is returning and anyone got a clue as to where?

I'm hoping it makes a return, had a great time when it used to be in the old dance tent.
I'm not into the music at SEC & SH and I feel like I'm just taking up space when I'm there.

Put it in woodsies with the after hours stuff that was in williams green.

15 hours ago, stuie said:

I don't think it's a direct compete for actual sound systems.  I've always had fun in them and having competing DJ's on the channels is always a laugh.  Plus they tend to be more themed sets (Britpop vs Disco, Cheesy Pop vs 80's/90's Metal etc.)  Had a great laugh once whilst high as hell listening to a Dutch DJ playing really obscure, weird Euro-pop.  Dancing about with tears in my eyes.

48 minutes ago, Long Drop said:

I'm hoping it makes a return, had a great time when it used to be in the old dance tent.
I'm not into the music at SEC & SH and I feel like I'm just taking up space when I'm there.

Sticking it on in Woodsies after hours would be a good shout.  Loads of space, would thin the after hours crowds.  I guarantee our gang would be there at least one night. 

3 hours ago, Long Drop said:

That would help with spreading people about after hours.