Primavera Sound Porto 2024

flowernigiri

15 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Not keen on the undercard.

But I'm in the seemingly rare position of only having seen The National once and never having seen Lana, PJ, Pulp or Mitski. So depending on how the days split, might still end up worth it.

I always prefer to have good midsize and small names over good big names. Cause here I feel like only the headliners are good and then if you want to see them it’s always in a big stage overcrowded, so kind of feels meh. I like more the formula of having a lot of good small and mid names and then to have just one big name, preferably a good one. This year was amazing for me because Blur, Kendrick and Rosalia were all fantastic and the undercard was also better.  

In terms of headliners, nothing to say. Almost all are there. The undercard still has nice things but not so strong like other years. And probably the year with more Portuguese artists (which, for locals, is good - nice to present these artists to a larger audience - and bad at the same time - in an expensive festival, I expect to have things that usually are not available locally). Not many electronic/DJ alternatives (like it was for several years) which may indicate that no Bits pavillion this year.

And (this is only a guess) it seems that we will get back to pre-2018, with Thursday with only two stages (7/8 artists) with Friday/Saturday with four stages running.

16 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

In terms of headliners, nothing to say. Almost all are there. The undercard still has nice things but not so strong like other years. And probably the year with more Portuguese artists (which, for locals, is good - nice to present these artists to a larger audience - and bad at the same time - in an expensive festival, I expect to have things that usually are not available locally). Not many electronic/DJ alternatives (like it was for several years) which may indicate that no Bits pavillion this year.

And (this is only a guess) it seems that we will get back to pre-2018, with Thursday with only two stages (7/8 artists) with Friday/Saturday with four stages running.

Unfortunately the main stage will remain in the same place it was this year. Now THAT would be the biggest confirmation

15 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

So bigger Venue,  bigger prices,  to have less names , less stages.   It feels like we are being kinda robbed

32 minutes ago, Tigane said:

So bigger Venue,  bigger prices,  to have less names , less stages.   It feels like we are being kinda robbed

I feel you. To be honest, seems that a lot of money was spent in the headliners, which left less money available for the undercard. Not saying that Portuguese bands are cheaper, but they filled the lineup a lot with them: 14 bands is more than 25% of the total. 175 euros (at this moment) I think that for Portuguese standards is quite expensive. Not saying that is not nice to have them, but I can get Tiago Bettencourt, André Henriques, Samuel Uria, etc at Sol da Caparica for like 30 or 40 € (but yeah, you will not find me there - you get the point).

And even more if they bring the Thursday model back. 

• 1 month later...

Considering going to Primavera Porto this summer - will be my first Primavera.

I see that last year at Porto on Thursday, Friday and Saturday there was dance music from 11pm - 6am at the 'Bits' stage. 

https://clashfinder.com/m/primaveraporto23/?user=130gpt.y7

And looking at the line-up posters for Porto 2023, these acts were on the posters, announced presumably when the main acts were.

However, there are hardly any electronic music acts or DJs listed in the current line-up for Porto 2024.

Do you think this is because they will be announced in due course over the coming weeks/months, or is there a chance that there won't be a Bits dance area at this year's festival? Thanks!

13 minutes ago, DukeOfWybourne said:

Considering going to Primavera Porto this summer - will be my first Primavera.

I see that last year at Porto on Thursday, Friday and Saturday there was dance music from 11pm - 6am at the 'Bits' stage. 

https://clashfinder.com/m/primaveraporto23/?user=130gpt.y7

And looking at the line-up posters for Porto 2023, these acts were on the posters, announced presumably when the main acts were.

However, there are hardly any electronic music acts or DJs listed in the current line-up for Porto 2024.

Do you think this is because they will be announced in due course over the coming weeks/months, or is there a chance that there won't be a Bits dance area at this year's festival? Thanks!

There is a chance that no Bits area this year. In the past, there were editions without much dance stuff. We do not know about this year (no information about number of stages, etc), but by the look of it...

• 2 months later...

Is there another line-up announcement expected for this? Very tempted already but a few more names on the bill would really sell it. Have only been to the Barcelona version, is this one significantly smaller? How do they compare?

8 hours ago, devli said:

Is there another line-up announcement expected for this? Very tempted already but a few more names on the bill would really sell it. Have only been to the Barcelona version, is this one significantly smaller? How do they compare?

It is significantly smaller, like a lot. It only has 4 (or 5) stages, with at least two not running at the same time. 

At this point, maybe one or two additions (more like replacements in case someone drops), not much more than that. It seems that Bits will not retuen this year.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, the idea will be that Pulp and The National on the Saturday will play in timeslots that you can see both, right?

Just curious as the idea of dropping in for their day appeals.

Main names never play at the same time.

45 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

There's no Ciutat equivalent for this, right? There's no mention on the poster and the dates don't allow for it, but I happen to be in Porto a few days before it takes place so just double checking! 

No, no Ciutat equivalent in Porto. Maybe something announced later for the Wednesday, but not 100% guaranteed. And it would be something that barely can be called "unmissable".

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 3:00 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Main names never play at the same time.

I thought that would be the case tbf as I imagine plenty of people would be trying to see most of the big names at once, not least in the case of Pulp & The National.

I guess the hesitation is more that I don't really know any of the undercard on their day.