Primavera Sound Porto 2024

flowernigiri

I think The National are in, they don´t play Porto since 2014. Plus Lana (was in 2020), Pulp, Mitski, maybe PJ Harvey and one big electronic (Disclosure?). 

Vampire Weekend, FKA Twigs, Jai Paul, Clipse and Bikini Kill are out.

For my taste, Beth Gibbons, Faye Webster, Yo la Tengo, Mandy,Indiana, Lankum, Roosevelt, Shabaka, Duster, Water from your Eyes, and, no rain, please.

Line up, according to Gabi, end of next week or in the next, maybe December 5th?

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, joselito said:

I think The National are in, they don´t play Porto since 2014. Plus Lana (was in 2020), Pulp, Mitski, maybe PJ Harvey and one big electronic (Disclosure?). 

For my taste, Beth Gibbons, Faye Webster, Yo la Tengo, Mandy,Indiana, Lankum, Roosevelt, Shabaka, Duster, Water from your Eyes, and, no rain, please.

Line up, according to Gabi, end of next week or in the next, maybe December 5th?

I believe that it will be pretty much like you said:

- Lana del Rey

- Pulp (if not here, they will go to Paredes de Coura)

- PJ Harvey (if not here, she will go to Paredes de Coura)

- Justice

- Disclosure

I can also see Phoenix being a headliner (something like Interpol last year).

Mitski, due to tour dates, might end with Barcelona (and not going to Porto).

I can also see King Gizzard showing up.

Beth Gibbons seems difficult to happen in Porto. All the others you mention are totally possible.

I'm not aware of their dates, but what about The Smile? I know they're not playing Barcelona, but I really think that they'd be a bit of a repetitive booking for BCN (they have a new album, yes, but they've already been playing it ever since they started touring their first one). I know Gabi said something to the likes of not being able to book them, but maybe he was only talking about Barcelona.

I don't know, it's an idea that kind of gels with me

Edited by flowernigiri

13 minutes ago, flowernigiri said:

I'm not aware of their dates, but what about The Smile? I know they're not playing Barcelona, but I really think that they'd be a bit of a repetitive booking for BCN (they have a new album, yes, but they've already been playing it ever since they started touring their first one). I know Gabi said something to the likes of not being able to book them, but maybe he was only talking about Barcelona.

I don't know, it's an idea that kind of gels with me

They have a show announced in Athens around 20 june or something. It is a possibility. However, I would say that maybe they are going to Paredes de Coura, since they will be around in mid August.

49 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I believe that it will be pretty much like you said:

- Lana del Rey

- Pulp (if not here, they will go to Paredes de Coura)

- PJ Harvey (if not here, she will go to Paredes de Coura)

- Justice

- Disclosure

I can also see Phoenix being a headliner (something like Interpol last year).

Mitski, due to tour dates, might end with Barcelona (and not going to Porto).

I can also see King Gizzard showing up.

Beth Gibbons seems difficult to happen in Porto. All the others you mention are totally possible.

Agree with KGLW. Their last date are 4th, it will be a very strong exclusive set. 

2 hours ago, joselito said:

The National just played in Porto last month ....

1 minute ago, flowernigiri said:

Think they meant the festival

Possible

I am sure that they will be in the line up,  but  i would prefer not to .  I like them,  but they are always in Portugal,  and i would prefer rather have that spot for any other band that doesn't come often here.

What i know.

Shellac will be there 

Vampire Weekend and Fka Twigs are out 

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Possible

I am sure that they will be in the line up,  but  i would prefer not to .  I like them,  but they are always in Portugal,  and i would prefer rather have that spot for any other band that doesn't come often here.

What i know.

Shellac will be there 

Vampire Weekend and Fka Twigs are out 

As I said, I truly am biased because they are my favourite band, but even still, I think they are a solid confirmation festival wise since they put on a good show, the portuguese crowd loves them and it's they're a hallmark of this year's BCN lineup. Besides, they are here as much as they are for a reason.

Nevertheless... I slightly hope we don't get too much of the poppier side of BCN's lineup. Let us have some goodies like William Basinski! He's playing (regular shows) in other portuguese but not Porto, this year. 

6 minutes ago, flowernigiri said:

As I said, I truly am biased because they are my favourite band, but even still, I think they are a solid confirmation festival wise since they put on a good show, the portuguese crowd loves them and it's they're a hallmark of this year's BCN lineup. Besides, they are here as much as they are for a reason.

Nevertheless... I slightly hope we don't get too much of the poppier side of BCN's lineup. Let us have some goodies like William Basinski! He's playing (regular shows) in other portuguese but not Porto, this year. 

For me,  i would love  to have Deftones, Chelsea Wolfe, The Armed,  Mandy Indiana, Eartheater, Lana Del Rey , Phoenix, Pulp, Pj Harvey,   etc etc.   Let's see what we will got.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flowernigiri said:

Can someone pls remind me why Vampire Weekend are not playing and where that info came from?

It says here that it's their only EU festival in 2024: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz6jn_tI7Nr/

Besides Vampire Weekend, a PS organizer, when posting the Barcelona lineup on Instagram, wrote that Clipse + FKA twigs + Jai Paul are EU+UK exclusives. Still possible they are Primavera exclusives and not just Barcelona, but from the phrasing it doesn't seem like that's the case:

"Unique performances by cult icons FKA TWIGS (EU + UK only 2024 show), JAI PAUL (EU + UK only 2024 show) and one of my fav hip-hop projects ever, the comeback from CLIPSE -Pusha T + Malice- (EU + UK only 2024 show)."

From this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz55nkXqPHp/

• Upvote 1