Primavera Sound Porto 2024

flowernigiri

9 minutes ago, Ardynaika said:

It says here that it's their only EU festival in 2024: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz6jn_tI7Nr/

Besides Vampire Weekend, a PS organizer, when posting the Barcelona lineup on Instagram, wrote that Clipse + FKA twigs + Jai Paul are EU+UK exclusives. Still possible they are Primavera exclusives and not just Barcelona, but from the phrasing it doesn't seem like that's the case:

"Unique performances by cult icons FKA TWIGS (EU + UK only 2024 show), JAI PAUL (EU + UK only 2024 show) and one of my fav hip-hop projects ever, the comeback from CLIPSE -Pusha T + Malice- (EU + UK only 2024 show)."

From this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz55nkXqPHp/

Thank you so much!

On 11/22/2023 at 11:39 PM, MeMeMeM said:

I believe that it will be pretty much like you said:

- Lana del Rey

- Pulp (if not here, they will go to Paredes de Coura)

- PJ Harvey (if not here, she will go to Paredes de Coura)

- Justice

- Disclosure

I can also see Phoenix being a headliner (something like Interpol last year).

Mitski, due to tour dates, might end with Barcelona (and not going to Porto).

I can also see King Gizzard showing up.

Beth Gibbons seems difficult to happen in Porto. All the others you mention are totally possible.

I would pretty much say that the final lineup will look like this:

-Lana del Rey

-The National

-Justice 

-Mitski 

-Charli XCX

Plus a bunch of smaller artists. SZA I think is more suitable for festivals like Super Bock Super Rock, personally I think she’s not even coming to Portugal next year. Pulp and PJ Harvey seem to be more Paredes de Coura bookings. Disclosure could be in but I doubt it. Well and the other big names are exclusive to Barcelona. 

3 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I would pretty much say that the final lineup will look like this:

-Lana del Rey

-The National

-Justice 

-Mitski 

-Charli XCX

Plus a bunch of smaller artists. SZA I think is more suitable for festivals like Super Bock Super Rock, personally I think she’s not even coming to Portugal next year. Pulp and PJ Harvey seem to be more Paredes de Coura bookings. Disclosure could be in but I doubt it. Well and the other big names are exclusive to Barcelona. 

I don't think that Mitski will be at PS Porto, since her last date on her tour is Barcelona. Can't see her without shows for 4 days until Porto. The others I agree with you that they will be there.

Porto will also get Pulp (if not, PJ Harvey will be there). One of the two will be in Porto.

Not only did they increase the price (again) but they really reduced the number of artists. I think last year there were ~22 per day (in the 3 days where all stages were running) to now...16? So either they scrapped 1 stage or there are names missing.

Either way, I was expecting more medium big acts. Porto has 4 names (Arca, Amyl and the Sniffers, Ethel Cain, Kim Petras..?) from the 2nd and 3rd bigger fonts of the Barcelona lineup. Out of ~30 names.

16 minutes ago, Tigane said:

I like the increased number of portuguese acts, however,  it think this card is very underwhelmed, specially they increased the price to 175 euros

For me it’s the worst lineup from Primavera Porto in many years. Maybe because I’ve already seen Lana, SZA and The National, if not I would be more excited. But even the small names here are underwhelming, wouldn’t pay more than 100€ for this lineup. 

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

For me it’s the worst lineup from Primavera Porto in many years. Maybe because I’ve already seen Lana, SZA and The National, if not I would be more excited. But even the small names here are underwhelming, wouldn’t pay more than 100€ for this lineup. 

i really hate that they decided to bring The National again...  (i understand why they did it. it is always a secure way of selling tickets)  instead of  something new or that rarely comes to Portugal .   Let's hope Lana doesn't decide to cancel her gig

5 minutes ago, flowernigiri said:

Yeah the undercard… just ain’t it. 

Kind of feel that the goal here that the Primavera team is to trying to accomplish is  to sell as many tickets as possible with Lana and SZA, and then attract some core audience for PJ Harvey, Pulp and Justice. And then Mitski and The National are very loved names in Portugal so those should sell good tickets also. But not a very well curated lineup, looks like something made with the desire of profit only and not quality, the undercard looks like a snooze fest. 

Was hoping for a King Gizzard surprise appearance, but there was a 1% chance. 

For me, have all the requests I had from Barcelona with The Last Dinner Party, Royel Otis, Justice and Mitski so I'm happy. The portuguese acts are pretty good but I already saw most of them. 

The midcard could be better tho, with more portuguese acts this here and less acts per day. But it will be my first Primavera Sound Porto and it will be fun!

Edited by Yokai