Resale Groups

MatthewTurner

56 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I just read a thread on the Glasto Chat Facebook page where a woman was asserting that there is a group of Liverpool based "hackers" who use "bots" to get in ahead of other people and people give them their reg number and pay them a premium to get the tickets and that is why there are so many Liverpool people there!

I was chatting to a scouser about this at twtfpu last year; his explanation was much more low-tech than this. 

However, a scouse friend reckons there are legit ticket farms for locals, using massive syndicates that may have progressed to bots by this point. 

No idea of the truth in any of it but they do look after their own so who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I’ll ask and see what they’ve got this year, sometimes you have to combine it with a hospitality package which makes it a lot more pricey 

That’s right, hospitality tickets have to be sold at face value, 2 k won’t be far off the mark. Thing is to those who havnt a corporate contact and don’t camp in the hospitality camping near Woodsies these tickets are usually combined with luxury glamping elsewhere which really ups the price. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s right, hospitality tickets have to be sold at face value, 2 k won’t be far off the mark. Thing is to those who havnt a corporate contact and don’t camp in the hospitality camping near Woodsies these tickets are usually combined with luxury glamping elsewhere which really ups the price. 

Are you in the woodsies camping ? Might bump into you sometime as I’m in that neck of the woodsies 

20 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

I was chatting to a scouser about this at twtfpu last year; his explanation was much more low-tech than this. 

However, a scouse friend reckons there are legit ticket farms for locals, using massive syndicates that may have progressed to bots by this point. 

No idea of the truth in any of it but they do look after their own so who knows. 

It's technically possible to fire up say 100,000 Azure VMs and have a script recognise the booking page and populate ref numbers and postcodes, but it would be fraught with risk.....what are See tickets doing to detect??...you can't test your scripts because you don't know the actual format of the booking page...also what payment method do you use?  If all the same card it would be spotted, if different cards then people would have to hand over all their details.  Large up front cost of setting up system with a high probability of failure.  Easier to just rope in 100 humans, particularly on the first sale where you don't immediately pay.

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Screenshot_20240421-160715.thumb.png.fcf21430501f0d85b63bfcc9c1f925e0.png

Is this tweet real lol? I really feel for people who have tried year in, year out with no joy. At least if you’ve been before and had a bite of the cherry, it takes the sting out of having an unsuccessful year. Whichever method of ticket allocation and sales you pick there’s downsides and I think you have to make the most of what exists. If you rope in a lot of support, brief people on how to approach the sales and are left with no joy, then that’s rubbish but also it’s just the way it is. What kind of improvements do these people think are feasible (other than always being able to get a ticket lol) because I’m not too sure you can overhaul the system without introducing a different method that will bring about its own, new and potentially unfair idiosyncrasies that we’d all slowly have to understand?

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

I’ll ask and see what they’ve got this year, sometimes you have to combine it with a hospitality package which makes it a lot more pricey 

If you wouldn't mind sending me any details too please that'd be much much appreciated! Would certainly consider it

51 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

Is this tweet real lol? I really feel for people who have tried year in, year out with no joy. At least if you’ve been before and had a bite of the cherry, it takes the sting out of having an unsuccessful year. Whichever method of ticket allocation and sales you pick there’s downsides and I think you have to make the most of what exists. If you rope in a lot of support, brief people on how to approach the sales and are left with no joy, then that’s rubbish but also it’s just the way it is. What kind of improvements do these people think are feasible (other than always being able to get a ticket lol) because I’m not too sure you can overhaul the system without introducing a different method that will bring about its own, new and potentially unfair idiosyncrasies that we’d all slowly have to understand?

It's a play on the tweet below, something most people who don't follow football wouldn't be aware of.

NFFC are feeling a little cheated, and have reacted like a 13 year old fan account. Or someone responding to the Glastonbury sold out tweet, whichever takes your fancy.

But anyway, no. It's not real.

Screenshot_20240421_160506_X.thumb.jpg.6228ec24e2fdb903963dccacbed9190f.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Hi, don’t worry if not but if you were able to pass on any info on this it would be greatly appreciated! Definitely something I’d weigh up after the brutality of these last few sales! 

Lad in work pays about 5 grand for his ticket and camps off site in an airstream but I think I remember him saying he has to have it reserved by January, I'll ask if you like. I think all hospitality will be around that price 

Edited by gazzared

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's a play on the tweet below, something most people who don't follow football wouldn't be aware of.

NFFC are feeling a little cheated, and have reacted like a 13 year old fan account. Or someone responding to the Glastonbury sold out tweet, whichever takes your fancy.

But anyway, no. It's not real.

Screenshot_20240421_160506_X.thumb.jpg.6228ec24e2fdb903963dccacbed9190f.jpg

Haha omg complete sense of humour failure from me there!

15 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Lad in work pays about 5 grand for his ticket and camps off site in an airstream but I think I remember him saying he has to have it reserved by January, I'll ask if you like. I think all hospitality will be around that price 

I’d pay a lot to secure a ticket, but haven’t got quite that much lying around ,  fair play to him though 😂

2 minutes ago, JackP1994 said:

I’d pay a lot to secure a ticket, but haven’t got quite that much lying around ,  fair play to him though 😂

He says it's sold out 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talcroft said:

I've heard this before but, as a Scouser who's been four times in a row (with my fifth upcoming 🥳) I think this is just copium from people who fail to get tickets. 

The reason you see (or you think you see) loads of Scousers round the site is a combination of: 

1. Glastonbury having semi-mythic status amongst Scousers. I was always told this was because the security firms all came from Liverpool in the 00s (presumably ex-gangland/door staff?) and spread the word about how great it was back home. Simply put, it just seems to mean more to people in Liverpool, and we're a bunch who like to follow the trends of others.  
  2. Scousers stand out. The accent plus the uniform mixing sportswear with hippy chic makes us clearly identifiable. I'm sure there's also thousands of Londoners, for instance, but they're less sartorially homogeneous, so stand out less. Plus, being the trendsetters we are, it's caught on outside of Liverpool too - so a good chunk of the people you visually clock as Scousers may well not be, but it makes you think there's more of us than there are.  
  3. Possibly linked to point 1, I think Scousers (especially the young ones) have fewer qualms about getting in via unorthodox methods. Liverpool is a little village, and the odds of you knowing someone who knows someone who can get you in the back of a van are pretty high. 
  4. Linked to point 3, a lot of Scousers are quite happy to put down hundreds, if not thousands to get hold of a VIP ticket or to buy a ticket off someone who looks like a bit like them. Our flash-the-cash culture, being (unfortunately!) the credit capital of Britain and the legion of young Scouse men who seem to carry wads of cash for reasons I couldn't possibly speculate on all engender this. 

So I'd say all of the above in combination are probably the reason you see more Scousers on site rather than a sinister cabal hoarding all the tickets. 

Edited by tmcintosh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, tmcintosh said:

I've heard this before but, as a Scouser who's been four times in a row (with my fifth upcoming 🥳) I think this is just copium from people who fail to get tickets. 

The reason you see (or you think you see) loads of Scousers round the site is a combination of: 

1. Glastonbury having semi-mythic status amongst Scousers. I was always told this was because the security firms all came from Liverpool in the 00s (presumably ex-gangland/door staff?) and spread the word about how great it was back home. Simply put, it just seems to mean more to people in Liverpool, and we're a bunch who like to follow the trends of others.  
  2. Scousers stand out. The accent plus the uniform mixing sportswear with hippy chic makes us clearly identifiable. I'm sure there's also thousands of Londoners, for instance, but they're less sartorially homogeneous, so stand out less. Plus, being the trendsetters we are, it's caught on outside of Liverpool too - so a good chunk of the people you visually clock as Scousers may well not be, but it makes you think there's more of us than there are.  
  3. Possibly linked to point 1, I think Scousers (especially the young ones) have fewer qualms about getting in via unorthodox methods. Liverpool is a little village, and the odds of you knowing someone who knows someone who can get you in the back of a van are pretty high. 
  4. Linked to point 3, a lot of Scousers are quite happy to put down hundreds, if not thousands to get hold of a VIP ticket or to buy a ticket off someone who looks like a bit like them. Our flash-the-cash culture, being (unfortunately!) the credit capital of Britain and the legion of young Scouse men who seem to carry wads of cash for reasons I couldn't possibly speculate on all engender this. 

So I'd say all of the above in combination are probably the reason you see more Scousers on site rather than a sinister cabal hoarding all the tickets. 

Even if you took out the references to Glasto, this would still be the most accurate explanation of Scouse culture I have ever come across. Bravo. 

Yours, a borderline Manc with a fascination in the Scouse psyche. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tmcintosh said:

I’d agree with that, was in the middle of the Avalon crowd seeing Jamie Webster, absolutely manic, but brilliant patter! 

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’ve made peace that I’ll be missing this year. Do you think we’ll ever get to a stage where it doesn’t instantly sell out?

All it needs is 3 very wet festivals in a row. See 2008.

it hasnt been wet for 8 calendar years and 4 consecutive festivals. Fwiw i think it makes a huge difference to sales.

i would guess that up to 50% of 2024 attendees may never have witnessed a wet glastonbury in person

If you want a ticket for 2025 and dont have one for 2024 the absolute best case scenario for you is a washout

In relation to this, i dont think the current site capacity has been properly tested under very wet conditions. I would be inclined to say it would not fare at all well as there are now too many people on site.

Edited by Memory Man

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’ve made peace that I’ll be missing this year. Do you think we’ll ever get to a stage where it doesn’t instantly sell out?

I think the chances of that happening is remote to non existent. Every year whilst more people want to go, those who have been many times continue to go, the tickets will always be in demand. The mud of 2016 had no affect on the tickets the following year.,

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

To argue against my own point…. In 2008 you still had a relatively strong reading and leeds and a very strong bestival as a genuine alternative. Now neither exist and as a large scale event in the UK glasto has zero serious competitors. (Obviously reading and leeds still exists, but not as a serious alternative)

Edited by Memory Man