2024 Other Stage

Mark H

On 11/11/2023 at 12:27 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd argue The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers might be too much birds of a feather to a point? But I digress.

They were both booked for 2019 other stage originally

---

Doja Cat would be a very big other headliner - well played if they get her

28 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yep, think there's a chance she wouldn't accept it now but would be really cool if she did.

If Doja Cat would not accept Other headliner / Pyramid sub, then she's probably not playing here for some time, surely? There's only one slot after that, and I'd wager she'd be well outside the top twenty candidates who have never topped before as matters stand.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If Doja Cat would not accept Other headliner / Pyramid sub, then she's probably not playing here for some time, surely? There's only one slot after that, and I'd wager she'd be well outside the top twenty candidates who have never topped before as matters stand.

Yeah she's obvs not gonna be booked as a Pyramid headliner.

Cant see how the national arent the sunday with those dates. Nailed on. They’ll not be back on the pyramid after last time and anywhere else is a bit small for them.

dont think you can ever rule out friends of the festival chemical brothers as they’ll likely do it for peanuts.

then yes you need a female headliner really to go with those two. 

On 11/11/2023 at 5:28 PM, FloopFiller said:

Just seen that now. I still think Other headliner might be out of their reach at this point despite predicting they’d do it on the next run, but yeah, a new album might change that. As it stands I think they’ll sub it rather than headline. 

Hope they don’t sub it, I want to see the pretty lights. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:04 AM, gfa said:

They were both booked for 2019 other stage originally

My history is a little hazy, sorry I missed this one.

BMTH surely would headline Other though, no? R+L and Download headline slots under their belt in the past two years. Their upcoming arena tour is posting career-best sales. Know they didn't set it alight the last time, but unless you're letting them in to sub Dua Lipa on the Friday, I think the only other spot they might accept is Other headliner.

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

BMTH surely would headline Other though, no? R+L and Download headline slots under their belt in the past two years. Their upcoming arena tour is posting career-best sales. Know they didn't set it alight the last time, but unless you're letting them in to sub Dua Lipa on the Friday, I think the only other spot they might accept is Other headliner.

I think they'd hardly be the first choice so won't play

They will do it eventually i guess as they are very Radio 1 pushed etc - but the crowd will definitely be quite poor

Their audience is just not at glasto as evidenced by their JP set in 2019

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think they'd hardly be the first choice so won't play

They will do it eventually i guess as they are very Radio 1 pushed etc - but the crowd will definitely be quite poor

Their audience is just not at glasto as evidenced by their JP set in 2019

Do you mean their Other set in 2019? That was against Kylie, tbf. Was never gonna be a big crowd.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do you mean their Other set in 2019? That was against Kylie, tbf. Was never gonna be a big crowd.

Yeah, that was a poisoned chalice of a position. I think they could still pull some decent numbers. I'd argue they've grown their audience in the four years since.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

They played 3rd from top on the Other Stage at Glastonbury 2016, the year after they subbed at R+L.

Think they're still at Reading sub level tbh, once you factor out the "double headliner" pretence.

26 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Someone on the Discord has info they’re playing no?

Would be good to have this rumour about a rumour confirmed.

BMTH are definitely big enough to headline the other. Massive pull with younger crowd given surging popularity over the last few years. Also they have now headlined Reading and Download. Went to both of those shows and it was brilliant both times.

Stick to a seventy-five minute set that harnesses the post-Sempiternal era, and they could do very nicely.

Can You Feel My Heart
Amen!
Teardrops
Happy Song
MANTRA
Darkside
Parasite Eve
Shadow Moses
Strangers
10 Follow You
11 Obey
12 Lost
13 Throne
14 Die4U
15 Drown

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 7:42 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Has anyone here seen Prodigy since the passing of dear Keef? What's the craic, is it all just Maxim on vocals now of do they they just put Keith's voice in?

Late to this thread - I was lucky enough to see Keef's last London gig and the groups 1st since returning. They used Keefs vocal for Firestarter along with a lazer image of keef
It was mainly Maxim from memory - not been to the recent tour so unsure if it has changed

Just now, lendan said:

Late to this thread - I was lucky enough to see Keef's last London gig and the groups 1st since returning. They used Keefs vocal for Firestarter along with a lazer image of keef
It was mainly Maxim from memory - not been to the recent tour so unsure if it has changed

I remember the lasers being a big focal point for reviews from the returning string of shows.

I'd be curious to see if they found another way to honour him if they play the G.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I remember the lasers being a big focal point for reviews from the returning string of shows.

I'd be curious to see if they found another way to honour him if they play the G.

If they play the other stage i hope they make use of the massive screen 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

whoops - well off on that

not sure who i was thinking of

thinking they are shite and don't want them booked honestly. clog up a big spot

11 minutes ago, lendan said:

If they play the other stage i hope they make use of the massive screen 

they definitely would - no recent act to headline it hasn't used it i don't think