2024 Other Stage

Mark H

Did a wee search and couldn’t find a thread on this..

With the headliners for Pointy McPoint Face shaping up I thought it was worth speculating on the Other Stage alternatives:

Chemical Brothers 

Prodigy 

Some Rock Act

Edited by Mark H
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

The National, Chems and Doja would be a good mix.

I think the first two are very likely, no idea about how active Doja is.

She's currently touring in America. Don't think she's got anything announced for next year yet but you gotta think she'll be over in Europe at some point/at some festivals.

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Has anyone here seen Prodigy since the passing of dear Keef? What's the craic, is it all just Maxim on vocals now of do they they just put Keith's voice in?

I’ve not seen them but I’m sure they had to cancel gigs due to Maxim’s voice not being right last year. I think that indicates it’s just him for lead vocal.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Has anyone here seen Prodigy since the passing of dear Keef? What's the craic, is it all just Maxim on vocals now of do they they just put Keith's voice in?

They still have the same ferocity. I don't think they overlay Keef's vocals too much but yeah, it's predominantly Maxim's. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking the Prodigy might also honour the cancelled Boomtown spot this year. Really expected them on the Other this year, but no dice. I'm thinking they'll swerve the farm again this year unfortunately, but they're definitely due a return. 15 years without playing is a long time. Coldplay have headlined twice since then! Of course, they were set to play in 2019 before Flinty's untimely passing. 

This is a really out there idea. But in the interest of wild speculation,  I wonder whether Metallica would do it? They have a GSH and if the Pointy headliners are Dua, Madge and Coldplay the festival might be looking for something less poppy for the Other Stage to offset that.

I can’t really see them taking a second stage slot anywhere else, but they do have a relationship with the festival..

5 minutes ago, Mark H said:

This is a really out there idea. But in the interest of wild speculation,  I wonder whether Metallica would do it? They have a GSH and if the Pointy headliners are Dua, Madge and Coldplay the festival might be looking for something less poppy for the Other Stage to offset that.

I can’t really see them taking a second stage slot anywhere else, but they do have a relationship with the festival..

Second stage, no. But I wouldn't fully rule out a Churnups style slot..

And actually that would be more suitable for them than anything else. An hour to run through the songs people know, during the day so a much bigger crowd than they'd get (regardless of stage) in the evening, and with it only being an hour you don't notice so much that many of their songs sound quite similar.

44 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Saw them at Brixton last year and was immense. Maxim did the singing and Keith was only present in a few visuals. Was a great gig though. They would have no probs headlining Other. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, incident said:

And actually that would be more suitable for them than anything else. An hour to run through the songs people know, during the day so a much bigger crowd than they'd get (regardless of stage) in the evening, and with it only being an hour you don't notice so much that many of their songs sound quite similar.

They did a secret second stage slot at Download once. One hour of all the hits, no over indulgent guitar solos or other nonsense. It was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Nestacres said:

Saw them at Brixton last year and was immense. Maxim did the singing and Keith was only present in a few visuals. Was a great gig though. They would have no probs headlining Other. 

This is pleasing to hear. Only caught them once, Leeds 2009, absolutely incredible. Would be well up for seeing them headline Other next year though I'm already fearing the clashes. Oh and getting a ticket. There's that too.

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Did a wee search and couldn’t find a thread on this..

With the headliners for Pointy McPoint Face shaping up I thought it was worth speculating on the Other Stage alternatives:

Chemical Brothers 

Prodigy 

Some Rock Act

The Prodigy, ?, The Chems

Going by The Chems there is a pattern that would put them back on Sunday this year. I also don't see them playing the Friday as they never have I don't believe. Dua Lipa is probably the only headliner I would miss for The Prodigy there.

2 hours ago, incident said:

I’m here for the this! Would go off into my evening feeling like I had already had a headliner and anything that followed would be a bonus. Make it happen, Emily!

21 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The Prodigy, ?, The Chems

Going by The Chems there is a pattern that would put them back on Sunday this year. I also don't see them playing the Friday as they never have I don't believe. Dua Lipa is probably the only headliner I would miss for The Prodigy there.

Chems clashed with Coldplay in 2011 so perhaps they would try and avoid that this year?

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Chems clashed with Coldplay in 2011 so perhaps they would try and avoid that this year?

Hence why I have put then clashing with Madonna on Sunday mentioning that in their rotation pattern they are due for Sunday. They literally go from topping it Saturday and Sunday rotated each time.

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

BMTH are a shoe in for this

Subbing, not headlining. I don't see BMTH getting Other headliner but if they somehow did then Saturday opposite Coldplay would be the one. They won't take the risk of that surely on a night other than a typical Glastonbury safe headliner.

Right now I can see my headliners being The Prodigy, Coldplay and Madonna with having the miss Dua Lipa. She will probably be around and a headliner option for Reading the following year or something whereas The Prodigy at Glastonbury I cannot miss. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Right now I can see my headliners being The Prodigy, Coldplay and Madonna with having the miss Dua Lipa. 

This is what I would go for as well. I would be gutted to miss the Chems as I haven’t caught them since 2015. But I don’t think I could turn up Madonna and despite the easy target for criticism, Coldplay at Glastonbury is always a great time.