NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

13 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Pearl Jam always announces the whole tour. So have to announce at the same time if it‘s PJ.

yes if mad cool is announcing PJ , NOS will have to announce aswell. 

somehow the timing of the annoucing seems off for PJ but im hope im wrong

watch it be something like dua lipa and smashing pumpkins which are already booked for NOS

Edited by just_one

37 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Pearl Jam always announces the whole tour. So have to announce at the same time if it‘s PJ.

Yes bands that announce their whole tour is an exception. Dua Lipa was one of them as well. I am talking about the second line, third line names that mad cool will announce today but nos alive haven't yet. They announced the same way last year.

14 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

We pretty much knew they were playing, but good to see it confirmed. There's already lots on the lineup for me, if we can share few from the Mad Cool lineup then I'll be very happy.

Avril, Janelle, Keane, The Gaslight Anthem for me please. 

Keane are already in another portuguese festival ( North Music Festival).     Avril  with Cruella on 12th and Mad Cool on 13th and in 9th at Milan and 10th at Nimes, it is very unlikey to be in Nos Alive (she would need to do 5 straight days )

49 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Keane are already in another portuguese festival ( North Music Festival).     Avril  with Cruella on 12th and Mad Cool on 13th and in 9th at Milan and 10th at Nimes, it is very unlikey to be in Nos Alive (she would need to do 5 straight days )

Oh well. There was brief hope. 

Now that Pearl Jam has been announced, and tickets are expected to disappear in a few days, I would say that for the first time since 2017 (excluding the pandemic), I'll be skipping an Alive three day pass. The lineup isn't bad and has several good concerts, but nothing that compels me to buy a ticket. I would say that the right word so far is lukewarm, especially since Pearl Jam doesn't resonate with me. Maybe Smashing Pumpkins, but I've already seen them. If the headliner for the 11th is good, perhaps Billie Eilish or to see the Foo Fighters with Josh Freese, I might still buy a daily ticket.

This year, I'm going to try Primavera Porto for the first time, and Kalorama continues to impress me with their lineups year after year, even though I hate the venue.

1 hour ago, Tigane said:

ant the day is now sold out (at least at Ticketline)

image.png.015a2d89280161667d8837380bdf7c0a.png

It is not. I was at Fnac one hour ago and they were "sold out". Checked Seetickets and they were available. The lady at the ticket office told me to wait 20 min. I waited and they were available again. If you go to Ticketline now, you still have them. I guess it is like a "slot" of x tickets every y minutes. But yeah, they will not last longer. A lot of people were buying them at Fnac.

37 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

It is not. I was at Fnac one hour ago and they were "sold out". Checked Seetickets and they were available. The lady at the ticket office told me to wait 20 min. I waited and they were available again. If you go to Ticketline now, you still have them. I guess it is like a "slot" of x tickets every y minutes. But yeah, they will not last longer. A lot of people were buying them at Fnac.

oh i see

image.thumb.png.9837d7e19be0688ad3fed99192c17892.png

If there were still doubts.  it is now more cleared.  The Smashing Pumpkins are not headliners,  and there will be still one missing.  Probably one of the missing headliners of Mad Cool (i still believe it can be Foo Fighters, if that headliner leak from Madcool guy  is true) . In a marketing way, it makes sense to not announce Foo and PJ at the same time , so who knows if it will be them or not 

Just now, PS Dawn said:

After The Smashing Pumpkins, the lineup is in Alphabetical order. I am 99.9% sure that means that they are a headliner.

No they are not.  We have 2 names with bigger lettering that are of course the headliners.   Then  we have Sum 41 and Smashing Pumpkins (probably they will be sub-headliners)  and then the rest of the card.  

1 minute ago, matrainertje said:

Sum41 seem like a small sub headliner don't they?

i agree with you, but that is what it seems by the poster .  And since their lettering has the same size as Smashing Pumpkins,  and is smaller than Pearl Jam and Dua Lipa, i think it make it obvious both are not headliners,  but  their lettering being bigger than the rest of the card, they may be sub-headliners, or at worst  the band that plays before the sub-headliners