NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Smashing Pumpkins yes

Smashing Pumpkins are not headliners.    In 2019 they were co-headliners with Chemical Brothers and Bon Iver,  a year that they had to put Vampire Weekend as headliners in the second day.    You have another example this year.  Black Keys were Headliners some years ago,  and this year they were only sub , before RHCP.   And you can check the announcment texts from Dua Lipa and Smashing Pumpkins,  and for Dua Lipa they talk like it is a very big announcment, and Smashing Pumpkins is talked like an normal announcment

Besides Nos Alive never announced two distinct headliners in 2 consecutive days.  In a marketing way , it makes no sense to announce 2 headliners like this, unless both were to announce their entire tour . And we already know that most of Smashing Pumpkins tour was already announced .  And probably because  Dua Lipa was due to announce now,  they probably are waiting more close to Christmas to announce  Foo Fighters.  Pearl Jam will of course announce all their tour at the same time

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Smashing Pumpkins are not headliners.    In 2019 they were co-headliners with Chemical Brothers and Bon Iver,  a year that they had to put Vampire Weekend as headliners in the second day.    You have another example this year.  Black Keys were Headliners some years ago,  and this year they were only sub , before RHCP.   And you can check the announcment texts from Dua Lipa and Smashing Pumpkins,  and for Dua Lipa they talk like it is a very big announcment, and Smashing Pumpkins is talked like an normal announcment

Besides Nos Alive never announced two distinct headliners in 2 consecutive days.  In a marketing way , it makes no sense to announce 2 headliners like this, unless both were to announce their entire tour . And we already know that most of Smashing Pumpkins tour was already announced .  And probably because  Dua Lipa was due to announce now,  they probably are waiting more close to Christmas to announce  Foo Fighters.  Pearl Jam will of course announce all their tour at the same time

This! It's not reasonable to announce two headliners in two consecutive days.

You need the press and if you do so at least one of the announcements, if not the two, will be compromised. 

Last but not least, in what planet Smashing Pumpinks can sell 55 thousand tickets in a Portuguese festival? And you need the headliners to sell the majority of tickets. Smashing Pumpinks as solo headliners, in Portugal, only at Vilar de Mouros. Even Paredes de Coura with Lorde didn't sell out.

26 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

You need the press and if you do so at least one of the announcements, if not the two, will be compromised. 

Last but not least, in what planet Smashing Pumpinks can sell 55 thousand tickets in a Portuguese festival? And you need the headliners to sell the majority of tickets. Smashing Pumpinks as solo headliners, in Portugal, only at Vilar de Mouros. Even Paredes de Coura with Lorde didn't sell out.

Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins on the same day I think it's a lot for Alive, when this year we had Alive that now looks like a fruit salad, on the same day several genres of music like Sam Smith/QOTSA and AM/Lizzo... but I hope I'm wrong , but since 2019 I lost hope in Alive .

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins on the same day I think it's a lot for Alive, when this year we had Alive that now looks like a fruit salad, on the same day several genres of music like Sam Smith/QOTSA and AM/Lizzo... but I hope I'm wrong , but since 2019 I lost hope in Alive .

Smashing Pumpkins are not that big in Portugal .   It is like having Jack White Sub for Pearl Jam  or Black Keys for Red Hot 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Red Hot - Black Keys it's ok, but Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpinks it's not. Ok. We will wait and see.

19 hours ago, joaommaia said:

I agree with you. SP do not have the popularity nowadays compared with their peak in the 90s.

However, I think that you underestimate their popularity in Portugal. Yeah, not to sell a 55k festival on their own. But they are a popular band around here.

Things were a lot different by then, but Smashing Pumpinks were headliners in the first Alive edition. On the same day, below them you had White Stripes. 

In 2011, they did 2 nights at Campo Pequeno...

In 2024 they will not be headliners, I believe, but will have a position like Black Keys this year, for example.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I agree with you. SP do not have the popularity nowadays compared with their peak in the 90s.

However, I think that you underestimate their popularity in Portugal. Yeah, not to sell a 55k festival on their own. But they are a popular band around here.

Things were a lot different by then, but Smashing Pumpinks were headliners in the first Alive edition. On the same day, below them you had White Stripes. 

In 2024 they will not be headliners, I believe, but will have a position like Black Keys this year, for example.

this.

i think SP will play a full set before the headliner, just like the black keys with RHCP this year.

1 hour ago, MeMeMeM said:

But that's exactly what I'm thinking 🙂

• Upvote 1