Mad Cool 2024

MK1

Just now, jonnytee1 said:

But you could still see that person on Tuesday yeah? It doesn't mean you definitely WONT see them on Tuesday.

No, that's wrong. 

If you say 'See you Wednesday' to someone on Monday it means that you are planning on seeing them for the next time on Wednesday and not before.

This is how the English language works.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No, that's wrong. 

If you say 'See you Wednesday' to someone on Monday it means that you are planning on seeing them for the next time on Wednesday and not before.

Generally this is how English language works ..............and goes back to my original point....

" We are sad to announce that 2024 edition of Mad Cool is Cancelled"

They have not ever said that - therefore whatever they put, whatever they say - until those words become reality you have to presume its on. 

I mean I'm not even going this year so don't care either way but.....i expect it to be on with a stella line up as always. 

7 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Well on one post by them, knowing what they are like,  that would be a really silly thing to do, if indeed you had. 

I was quoting someone else (on twitter), hence quotation marks.

And I don't think cancelling a hotel after the strongest possible implication that an event is cancelled is unreasonable behaviour? 

9 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

But you could still see that person on Tuesday yeah? It doesn't mean you definitely WONT see them on Tuesday.

I suspect you've never used it in that context, and I doubt anyone here ever has. It's also using a phrase that pretty much every festival in the World uses to say, "see you next time". When the previous one ends, it's always "see you in 2024" or similar.

For a festival, where it's known they're having legal issues with the site, and other events on the same site have been cancelled, it's basic trolling.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I was quoting someone else (on twitter), hence quotation marks.

And I don't think cancelling a hotel after the strongest possible implication that an event is cancelled is unreasonable behaviour? 

Well, i do and forever in that we will disagree, especially if they are silly enough to book the same hotel again at 100 quid more and not look around, even without confirmation that it IS on. 

I am pretty sure it didn't happen but either way we can agree to disagree and move on. I'll probably go next year once line up AND venue are confirmed LOL

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I suspect you've never used it in that context, and I doubt anyone here ever has. It's also using a phrase that pretty much every festival in the World uses to say, "see you next time". When the previous one ends, it's always "see you in 2024" or similar.

For a festival, where it's known they're having legal issues with the site, and other events on the same site have been cancelled, it's basic trolling.

Consider us all trolled then. 

They'll still sell out with a quality line up I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Consider us all trolled then. 

They'll still sell out with a quality line up I'm sure.

I suspect they will. There are a lot of great bands around this year, so could be fantastic.

I really don't understand why the need to do it. I was in a few facebook groups from previous visits, and everyone was just passing on the message to each other that it was cancelled. It's just a really, really odd idea, especially for a festival which could do with a little good PR for once.

6 hours ago, chilirocker said:

Looks like it’s linked to Madrid winning the Spanish GP and a permanent home for Mad Cool…

IMG_7214.png

I'd seen these around when it was leaked this morning that Madrid is pinching the Spanish Grand Prix from Barcelona (which is a whole other debate) but thought this was an older map from when the idea was first proposed that hadn't taken into account Mad Cool moving away.

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'd seen these around when it was leaked this morning that Madrid is pinching the Spanish Grand Prix from Barcelona (which is a whole other debate) but thought this was an older map from when the idea was first proposed that hadn't taken into account Mad Cool moving away.

Ah - I'd assumed it was the new site, and that it might be the reason they were now suggesting they were secure for the next few years.

That would of course be too simple 🤣

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

No, that's wrong. 

this is how the English language usually works, but sometimes when you say to someone see you in 2025 and day later see you in 2026 it doesn't mean you wont see him in 2024, it just means you're a lousy promotor that hates your customers  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2