Rock for People 2024

Flick22

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

IMO in the end Måneskin will be the third headliner as they have some connection with promoters (worked on Prague arena show and 2021 festival), fourth one is a pure guess, maybe Avenged Sevenfold, maybe The National (if The Offspring can why can't they), maybe even Fall Out Boy or Pantera from Download lineup...

I wouldn't be so sure about Måneskin. I think they would be announced by now, there's no reason to wait. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold. In the end, it can only be one of those two as both are not available on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

TBH don't see much difference between RAR/RIP and Nova Rock. For me the trump card of Nova Rock is Jane's Addiction, and they'll probably clash with Green Day. BMTH played RAR/RIP last year, no reason to repeat so soon (although I wouldn't mind). Same with Sum 41. Other main differences are Avril and Alice Cooper, and that's probably all.

Then RAR/RIP have QOTSA and some interesting undercards like 311, L.S. Dunes. I would say both festivals have equally strong lineups and RFP as usual will try to take the best available from them. 

IMO in the end Måneskin will be the third headliner as they have some connection with promoters (worked on Prague arena show and 2021 festival), fourth one is a pure guess, maybe Avenged Sevenfold, maybe The National (if The Offspring can why can't they), maybe even Fall Out Boy or Pantera from Download lineup...

Well, you've summed it up - NR has BMTH, Jane's Addiction, Avril, Alice, Sum 41 and few others, while RaR/RiP has just QOTSA and Billy Talent from top 2 lines. I will go to RaR/RiP as usual but from my POV, Nova Rock has subjectively a stronger lineup.

Anyway, re RFP, I don't think we get Maneskin as I agree they would be announced already. A7X just don't make sense as they simply don't have a strong appeal in CZ (as mentioned, last time they played they struggled to attract 4k ppl) and they are quite expensive. I wouldn't mind them but I can't see it happening. Who the remaining 2 heads are is anybody's guess now...  

21 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Måneskin. I think they would be announced by now, there's no reason to wait. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold. In the end, it can only be one of those two as both are not available on Saturday.

There is the band for which rfp extended its days for the wednesday and Im pretty sure its Maneskin, because they literally play everywhere. I think only reason we wait for it is to increase the hype in advent calendar.

If not, then I would be really curious for what they bring up in the end. Maybe The Killers which start they tour on 14/6 in UK, but imo not probable.

For the second headliner I dont think we get Avenged anymore, The National are great shout and I would personally love this booking, but I dont get my hopes up for it to be some big name.

The National haven't played in CZ since 2014 despite touring regularly. People don't really care about them over here, would be even weaker headliner than The Offspring. Limp Bizkit would make much more sense as they're at least somewhat popular among RfP visitors.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

The National haven't played in CZ since 2014 despite touring regularly. People don't really care about them over here, would be even weaker headliner than The Offspring. Limp Bizkit would make much more sense as they're at least somewhat popular among RfP visitors.

I think that they had one more concert after that in Prague, nevertheless the crowd on them was empty even on Sziget. Shame, they are great band.

Limp Bizkit would make sense, but Im afraid same goes for Prodigy which would be around. That would be futile booking which would make this festival a super retro one😀

we Still might get some unnanounced band surprise like The Strokes but it may be my wishful thinking 😀

Edited by lukatej

51 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Assuming today is Sum 41? Looks like a repeat of many 2022 bands but different headliners/big names?

Unfortunately its true, they tend to repeat older bands which are locally favourite. So Shikari, Offspring, Sum41...

But they have apparently reason to do so, if we remember how for example The 1975 was accepted by broader audience.

It usually lacks little bit of freshness and actual names, but they like to play it safe. They will go back to their standard and lot of people will be disappointed after last year big names. Anyway, the festival is great, so I dont really mind 🙂

Honestly, I am not complaining. There's actually not that many repeats, it's just Sum, Enter Shikari and Hot Milk from '22, all three are great live and Sum 41 returning  is completely justified as this is their last tour. I think headliners are complicated this year for RfP, not sure what went wrong but I don't see many possible names flying around. Perhaps we had too high expectations?

- for 2024 we have BMTH and The Offspring, subbed by Avril, PWD, Pendulum, Corey, Enter Shikari and Sum 41 (or perhaps they are headliner?) so far, with 20+ names and 2 headliners to go

- in 2023 we had: Muse, Slipknot, The 1975, MGK, subbed by Architects, Simple Plan, Billy Talent, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach and Nothing but Thieves

- 2022: Green Day, FOB, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, subbed by Weezer, Wolf Alice, Idles, Skillet, Dope D.O.D. and Sum 41.

I get that headliners are not on par with '23 set but subs are the strongest imho. I am curious what will be announced over next few weeks.

Hoobastank announced.

Together with Avril Lavigne, SUM 41 and Offspring we have a nice bunch of retro bands that didnt release records in a few years. Today is Prodigy concert in Prague, I wouldnt be surprised that they announce them in a few days too 🙂

+ Pearl Jam announcing EU tour next week, could they be one of the big names which we are missing?

Edited by lukatej

1 hour ago, lukatej said:

Hoobastank announced.

Together with Avril Lavigne, SUM 41 and Offspring we have a nice bunch of retro bands that didnt release records in a few years. Today is Prodigy concert in Prague, I wouldnt be surprised that they announce them in a few days too 🙂

+ Pearl Jam announcing EU tour next week, could they be one of the big names which we are missing?

Last albums: Avril 2022, The Offspring 2021, Sum 41 Q1'2024  😉 

I guess The Prodigy are a good shout, let's see. PJ would be awesome, but I am not sure they will tour at all. Everyone was expecting them at Werchter and I think this ship has sailed with their last announcement...

3 hours ago, Ferda said:

I guess The Prodigy are a good shout, let's see. PJ would be awesome, but I am not sure they will tour at all. Everyone was expecting them at Werchter and I think this ship has sailed with their last announcement...

True with album releases, my point was that they are far away from their prime period and didnt release great song for a long time. Although new SUM can be actually good.

PJ are expected at Mad Cool too and there is always some slot for them at RW, still I think its relatively low chance for them to be booked at RfP, but it would be great name in context of true headliners and possible reason for waiting for the announcement. They suppose to announce it on 11th (same as Mad Cool announcement), so we will see.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lukatej said:

Hoobastank announced.

Clue for tomorrow's band definitely looks like The Prodigy.

4 hours ago, Ferda said:

PJ will tour, but nothing in eastern Europe. 

1 minute ago, Kusy said:

PJ will tour, but nothing in eastern Europe. 

Confirmed? ..Is there some leak of the tour yet..? or Maybe we get PJ Harvey instead 😄 

In this case Im getting little sceptical about rest of the heads. Last year was big. This year seems like a recycling. 

This year is weak on headliner side everywhere, but especially for rock festivals. All have repeats, some even from previous year. My worry is that this will become a standard for the future, with bands wanting to play less shows but for higher fees...

2 minutes ago, Ferda said:

This year is weak on headliner side everywhere, but especially for rock festivals. All have repeats, some even from previous year. My worry is that this will become a standard for the future, with bands wanting to play less shows but for higher fees...

There are few festivals with very nice lineup, seems that everything is about logistics and availability

image.thumb.png.f353aa6318186eda3806fd6a84525f4a.png

3 minutes ago, lukatej said:

There are few festivals with very nice lineup, seems that everything is about logistics and availability

image.thumb.png.f353aa6318186eda3806fd6a84525f4a.png

You're right, it's all about logistics and availability. Last year June was great, July was terrible, August so, so. 2024 is apparently the other way round. 

5 hours ago, lukatej said:

Rock en seine is actually great festival, maybe not so good as Rock for people in terms of organisation, but there is always very diverse lineup in Paris. And location is beautiful!

Unfortunately RfP visitors seems to me a little bit conservative when it comes to music taste 🙂 After 1975 headline concert im not surprised with the new "safe" bookings.