Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I can only use the UK as a barometer, but Kylie is playing British Summer Time Hyde Park this summer to 65,000 people. The first two tiers of tickets have sold out and tier 3 is selling at £105 a ticket (125 euros).

When she played the legends slot at Glastonbury in 2019 it was the most watched Glastonbury TV slot ever, with almost 4 million viewers (beating Adele and Ed Sheeran's previous record for viewers).

I appreciate she's not for everyone, but no headliner is. She is massive with LGBTQ+ audiences (and old fogeys like me). Her light is definitely not fading - and I may have been wrong about Fiddy too, looking at the venues he played in UK last time he toured the UK (20,000 seat arenas) but maybe he's just fallen off my radar since his second album.

It's difficult to compare UK audience figures, as sziget is such a worldwide festival. I presumed her status as headliner would be limited to the UK and Australia. 

Certainly added something to the lineup. 

5 hours ago, shokySziget said:

Is there a link with the info from the press conference? I remember there being a big summary from a hungarian news portal around here last year ?

Here can you read the whole press release in Hungarian: https://openairradio.hu/legendas-szupersztart-a-pop-orokos-kiralynojet-valamint-megannyi-fejlesztest-ujitast-jelentett-be-a-sziget/

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

She was 4th name of the day at Rock Werchter in 2019 under Tool, The Cure and Bring Me The Horizon. At Open'er that same year she was subbing The Smashing Pumpkins as well. 

No clue how she got to headline now

Different countries.

Bit like editors headlining Belgian and Dutch festivals, but struggled to get anywhere near that in the UK. 

There are only 23 names for the main stage (including Fisher and all 3 Hungarians: Azahriah, Beton.Hofi, Margaret Island). 

Sziget confirmed that no more Hungarians are expected for the main stage.

Are we waiting for one more main stage name then? Or are they going to move someone from A38? 

Edited by kristofm

2 hours ago, Phaze4 said:

image.png.f1e70992947dc76338be2995df2cbed5.png

I see the booking Manager guy mentioned Liam Gallagher is coming with oasis's first album. This makes me excited. 

I have tickets for the definitely maybe tour, last night in Manchester as well, will be quality, Mrs is trying to make me sell the ticket as we will now see him perform it again at Sziget......I told her I will sell hers 

15 minutes ago, Til said:

I'm confused - people are saying Macklemore has been confirmed but I can't find any information unless I'm getting something wrong?

That was conversation for another festival, Lovestream in Slovakia, which is just after Sziget. No Macklemore this year, Maybe next one 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thetime said:

I know clashfinder are not official, but the A38 would be a beautiful night.

Okay this does sound amazing. For me, the Pip Blom, Crystal Fighters, Editors, Fontaines DC list is a cool one.

And to be honest I'm getting less annoyed with not having a band as a headliner after the shock of yesterday, there's so many bands at A38 Revolut and Europe The Buzz, I'm sure I'm going to have a good time. I think there's much more bands than last year, I just happen not to know them lol but they do sound great, made my playlist, so let's say which ones are sticking in the next couple of months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

How far this festival has fallen. I thought last year was bad but by god this year is awful. They say “it’s a business”….well ok maybe low tickets sales and cheap acts makes a profit. Disgusted by this year line up.

Disgusted? Really? 

It's a slightly underwhelming festival line-up, not mass genocide. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kristofm said:

Okay this does sound amazing. For me, the Pip Blom, Crystal Fighters, Editors, Fontaines DC list is a cool one.

And to be honest I'm getting less annoyed with not having a band as a headliner after the shock of yesterday, there's so many bands at A38 Revolut and Europe The Buzz, I'm sure I'm going to have a good time. I think there's much more bands than last year, I just happen not to know them lol but they do sound great, made my playlist, so let's say which ones are sticking in the next couple of months.

A38 has always been my fav stage and it’s no different. Sunday is indeed the best day. But for me Kiasmos and Modeselektor are also great!

10 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Disgusted? Really? 

It's a slightly underwhelming festival line-up, not mass genocide. 

Maybe too strong a word and apologies if my grasp of the language isn’t perfect but it’s seriously crap when you live in the region. Relatively few bands gig outside of Western Europe. This event used to be a highlight on the calendar 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Anyone used ticked swap before, do they send ticket straight away? Is it safe and secure?

Absolutely safe. Ticketswap is an official reselling platform for Sziget. 

They deactivating bought ticket and send you a new one straight away.

37 minutes ago, Zygq78 said:

Absolutely safe. Ticketswap is an official reselling platform for Sziget. 

They deactivating bought ticket and send you a new one straight away.

3 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

My friend bought a ticket last year on ticket swap, didn't have any problem with it 

Used it just, got ticket for £195. 

On 4/26/2024 at 3:09 PM, thetime said:

Different countries.

Bit like editors headlining Belgian and Dutch festivals, but struggled to get anywhere near that in the UK. 

I was wondering why they were not a sub-headliner. I just assumed they would be at least as popular in their home country as in the Netherlands.

It's probably the other way around with Liam and Stormzy tho.

1 minute ago, Joka_sc said:

I was wondering why they were not a sub-headliner. I just assumed they would be at least as popular in their home country as in the Netherlands.

It's probably the other way around with Liam and Stormzy tho.

Editors one of my fave bands, so over the moon they are playing. 

• Like 1