Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

7 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Well, I feel ever so slightly tone deaf now. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Good point well made.

Don’t worry I wasn’t having a go or anything just pointg out that the Hungarian youth are not doimg very well unfortunately. When I was U21 I either went for one day I really liked, or there were a few years when I went as a worker so I worked in some days and got a free pass. Sometimes I had Shifts from 8pm to 8am, had a few hours sleep then off to party. Good times! 🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, clasher said:

I actually found the food inside the fest rather bad and quite expensive in absolute terms, let alone for hungary. I mean I ate better and cheaper at glasto ffs.

there are awful ones and there are great deals. crunchy and zing are always good stuff, i think i paid about 10-ish quid for a burger+fries+sauce combination in both places. during the day you can go and visit smokey monkies (1 stop away) with decent smoked meat (they are also present at the festival but of course with much more expensive offers), there's auchan for cheap lunch as well. Aldi inside the festival is a good choice for dinner if you don't care about the headliner that much (no huge queues at that time).

Edited by kristofm
  • Downvote 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:57 PM, kristofm said:

there are awful ones and there are great deals. crunchy and zing are always good stuff, i think i paid about 10-ish quid for a burger+fries+sauce combination in both places. during the day you can go and visit smokey monkies (1 stop away) with decent smoked meat (they are also present at the festival but of course with much more expensive offers), there's auchan for cheap lunch as well. Aldi inside the festival is a good choice for dinner if you don't care about the headliner that much (no huge queues at that time).

It certainly isn't a cheap festival anymore. A lot of the initial boxes to get me to sziget a few years ago, would stay unticked now. 

New interview with Gwen Stefani, just before first Coachella weekend. There are doubts regarding new No Doubt music and a tour:

Beyond Coachella, there are no concrete plans for touring or new music, although Stefani is “open to anything.” (“Well, I don’t have a crystal ball,” she adds. “Most things have surprised me in life. One of the things I’ve learned is to be present in the moment and try to absorb what’s happening around me instead of looking ahead.”) The two shows are “going to be a really nice bow to tie on the relationship, because we were kids [when we met],” she says. “I already know what it’s going to feel like because we’re just so in sync when we’re onstage. It’s going to feel like riding a bike again. We’re going to be laughing, and we’re going to look at each other and go, ‘Oh my gosh — there you are.’”

So... Blur are more likely to play Sziget?

2 hours ago, CCester said:

I’d put Arcade Fire in the list as well. They only have 2 shows announced for the 20th anniversary tour for Funeral.

I like them but I don't know if Sziget would risk to book them because when they played in Budapest in 2018, they barely sold all tickets for Budapest Sport Arena.

44 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I like them but I don't know if Sziget would risk to book them because when they played in Budapest in 2018, they barely sold all tickets for Budapest Sport Arena.

Yeah, I was there and the arena was at a limited capacity setup. Not sure about the exact numbers, but I’d say that setup has 2500-3000 available tickets tops. And it wasn’t even sold out this way, yet it’s so awesome, it's still in my top 5 gigs. 

Also I’m not sure Blur would do better in the Arena. In my humble opinion out of the 3, No Doubt would sell the most tickets. Which is not optimal for me, ‘cause I’d prefer the other two. 

Edit: I’m around 80% sure that none of these will be announced, instead we’ll get something underwhelming.

Edited by CCester

16 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

I don't think so, they were in Europe last summer 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah but not in Hungary. With Gorillaz, Damon Albarn played in Budapest 3 times between 2017 and 2018 (twice in 2017 and at Sziget in 2018), so he's a bit unpredictable.

People also expected Blur to enter another hiatus again because that's what Albarn said in December but their Coachella booking was another surprise.

3 hours ago, Finnlagh said:

Any reason why smashing pumpkins haven’t been mentioned?

The fact that they're playing in the United States in August could be a good reason. Took a second to Google.

Edited by kristofm

On 4/13/2024 at 5:39 PM, Tom Lobo said:

Werchter timetable is out now. 30 bands for me to see in 4 days. For Sziget I have 3 bands til now for 6 days. What a f....

I think it's the worst werchter for a long time. 

Werchter is just about the lineups, it's quite poor and dated imo. 

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1