Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

4 minutes ago, lovorovlist said:

I would be really happy with that actually

Have not net heard any song of them that I can stand. Horrible walking rock cliche. But yet again, I have the same with Imagine Dragons and they seemed to be pretty popular here too. 

Different tastes I guess. We can't all like the same things. 

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Yeah but Azahriah is written below the subs in the poster but it's confirmed he's going to play before the main act (Halsey).

Well yeah, but actually if you have two headliners a day, wouldn’t the subheadliner play at the 17:30/18:00 slot?

1 minute ago, CCester said:

Well yeah, but actually if you have two headliners a day, wouldn’t the subheadliner play at the 17:30/18:00 slot?

Sziget doesn’t always have 2 headliners a day. Sometimes someone from lower on the poster plays the ‘sub headliner’ or second slot. E.g. Jain played before Ed Sheeran in 2019 and she was low down on the poster.

So we are realistically looking at one more headliner and Tom Odell or someone else will probably play the second slot

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Sziget doesn’t always have 2 headliners a day. Sometimes someone from lower on the poster plays the ‘sub headliner’ or second slot. E.g. Jain played before Ed Sheeran in 2019 and she was low down on the poster.

So we are realistically looking at one more headliner and Tom Odell or someone else will probably play the second slot

I get it. It was meant to be a sarcastic comment.

12 minutes ago, Geri17 said:

Is there any chance for The 1975 on the first day? 
BTW are we missing just one headliner or more?

The 1975 had their final show in Amsterdam a few days ago and are now on a tour hiatus, they won't be playing any festivals this year

If the announcement is 'soon-ish' then they are obviously in advanced negotiations with an act.

My guess is that it's someone who has yet to announce a tour (such as Twenty One Pilots) or might be waiting for all their own dates to sell out.

If it was Maneskin, for example, I'm sure they'd have really pushed for all contracts being signed by end of yesterday.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CCester said:

Please god, let Arcade Fire be that last headliner. 🤞

They're cool but I think they would attract a crowd as big as The National

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lovorovlist said:

So @Sziget2024_Leaks who was the reason for the delay of the first announcement and who cancelled even tho it was almost confirmed?

Wasn't it Lana?

Watch this turning out to be Maneskin or Bastille or something. 😅

I think that's two very different bands, Maneskin would be actually good, because they're a current name (I'm very surprised, but they've got more monthly listeners than Foo Fighters or Blink-182).

21 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

If the announcement is 'soon-ish' then they are obviously in advanced negotiations with an act.

My guess is that it's someone who has yet to announce a tour (such as Twenty One Pilots) or might be waiting for all their own dates to sell out.

If it was Maneskin, for example, I'm sure they'd have really pushed for all contracts being signed by end of yesterday.

Twenty one pilots would make perfect sense, they just released a new song today and they are teasing that a tour announcement will come soon.

Edit: seems like they already announced the tour just now

Edited by Joka_sc

4 minutes ago, Joka_sc said:

Twenty one pilots would make perfect sense, they just released a new song today and they are teasing that a tour announcement will come soon.

They have just announced their tour starting in usa 15-08

Posted (edited)

Coolest band Sziget could book is No Doubt. If it's them, one reason for announcing them separately might be because they might have a contract clause with Coachella that stipulates they're not allowed to announce concerts for a specific time period and it didn't expire yet. Coachella did this with other bands in the past too.

Furthermore, Sziget might have to wait for Coachella to end to announce them.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

19 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Coolest band Sziget could book is No Doubt. If it's them, one reason for announcing them separately might be because they might have a contract clause with Coachella that stipulates they're not allowed to announce concerts for a specific time period and it didn't expire yet. Coachella did this with other bands in the past too.

That's not a bad shout tbf.

27 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

We'd be looking at end of April for announcement if thats the case