Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, kristofm said:

Well that's pretty embarrassing isn't it

Especially because there's Idles, Placebo, Offpsring, Kooks, Keane, Two Door Cinema Club around in August...

We're debating Queens of the Stone Age and Strokes and we get Liam Gallagher.

Like, wtf.

I think I'm normally a person who understands that there's different needs and line ups are subjective and all but daamn. I think this is one of the most underwhelming bunch in the past few years. (This second phase, not the first one.)

I simply don't understand why and indie rock fan should go to Sziget 2024 and why Sziget spended money to book bands like Yard Act or Fontaines DC instead of making an even stronger pop/dance festival (which basically it is).

You all have your reasons but there's a lot of cool festivals around if this one doesn't match your tastes.

Edited by gigi21

12 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I simply don't understand why and indie rock fan should go to Sziget 2024 and why Sziget spended money to book bands like Yard Act or Fontaines DC instead of making an even stronger pop/dance festival (which basically it is).

You all have your reasons but there's a lot of cool festivals around if this one doesn't match your tastes.

I'm in a special situation because I'm living right next to the entrance of the festival, so I'll hold on to the very end, all my friends are living in the city, I always bump into other friends at Sziget I haven't seen for a while, this is our "thing" every summer for 10 years now, we're all into different genres, pop, indie and punk, and Sziget was perfect for us because of that. That's why I'm a bit scared if it's going electronic - where are we going to go? I want to go to a rock one, some friends might want to go to a generic pop one, some wants to go to some extra chill one in some forest... Some only listens to Hungarian music, I basically only listen to british/aussie/UK bands... we've all got what we want at Sziget. And we like the "vibes" of this festival, and, of course, we want to spend time together. (And none of us like electronic music) But that's just my situation of course.

So I think Sziget is absolutely amazing because of its diversity in music and maybe large groups of friends could choose it because everyone's supposed to find something nice for their taste. I think this concept brings more people and more money than just letting it be an electronic one. There's plenty of that kind in the area.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

If we assume all these names are last two main stage acts for every day than we still need two more. Could be headliner and sub or two headliners, depending on how promoters want to put it on a poster 

image.thumb.png.c1f05132eda3007ead61138927a56d8b.png

Which would mean Tom Odell isn't sub, which makes absolute sense to me as most people only know him for one song!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Which would mean Tom Odell isn't sub, which makes absolute sense to me as most people only know him for one song!

Yeah but Azahriah is written below the subs in the poster but it's confirmed he's going to play before the main act (Halsey).

Edited by kristofm