Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

5 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

In my mind Drake joins Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé in the 'not in a million years' tier but you have to admit that notification is suspicious af ☠️ 

i think sziget can book huge names like drake. it happened with ed, rihanna, billie, foo's etc. its only a question of stage requests and if its possible on a festival. so tayor, JT, the weekend and that kind of crazy shows with huge stage prepration are out, but not because they are too big - the simply wont play on regular stage.

1 hour ago, rowexx said:

IMG_0926.jpegshe’s probably coming on the 11th, right ?

@Sziget2024_Leaks

edit: Yeah she is. If you look closely there seems to be a “g” below that TBA sticker and I just looked for any other festival happening around that time that contains the letter “g” and there’s none:)) So here’s our female headliner most likely

Would be very pleased if she does come. Tightrope holds a very special place in my heart.

2 hours ago, rowexx said:

She’s not headliner material but I was saying that because of Sziget’s latest choices when it comes to who headlines. And also she’s (almost) top of the list at MadCool the day she plays.

She’s pretty dope tho, you should give it a listen. Her lastest album was nominated for AOTY.

She cancelled on Mad Cool twice in a row last minute… great choice… (her music and show is decent tho)

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

That's the 11th so she'd be subbing Sam Smith, which is a pretty good slate imo.

To fan the flames, Oya festival seems to be the one before last, a fest Sziget has shared a few names with so far.

Actually Sziget and Oya have the same owner as well.

19 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Even if it’s true You shouldn’t get your hopes up lol. I think she is pretty notorious for cancelling gigs and tours.

I think they were referring to Drake, not Janelle Monae

9 hours ago, Akujin said:

She cancelled on Mad Cool twice in a row last minute… great choice… (her music and show is decent tho)

She can't have upset the organisers too much, if that's true, as they've invited her back this year and top-lined her. If it's correct, I think it's a fantastic booking.

eceac2ea45071cbb.jpg

Edited by billybigballs

9 hours ago, Akujin said:

Even if it’s true You shouldn’t get your hopes up lol. I think she is pretty notorious for cancelling gigs and tours.

I know for a fact that sometimes the festival knows about the cancellation long before the festival’s date, but they just push it back to keep selling tickets and make it look like the artist cancelled last minute

2 hours ago, Lits said:

Vampire weekend, Phoenix, catfish and the bottlemen?

also charlotte de witte and Patrick mason for party arena?

Would love all them but pretty sure Vampire Weekend are a European festival exclusive at Primavera. 

What I want to know is.....why Wednesday 27 March? 

Why not Tuesday 26 March? Or today?

Is someone announcing something on that date, or are they just pushing it as far as they can before Easter hits in the hope of getting another act or two signed up?

10 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

What I want to know is.....why Wednesday 27 March? 

Why not Tuesday 26 March? Or today?

Is someone announcing something on that date, or are they just pushing it as far as they can before Easter hits in the hope of getting another act or two signed up?

Because 27+3+2+4=36=6*6 and 6 is their new favourite number. 

It’s probably the latter as Leaks said they get confirmations pretty slowly. 

Edit: I guess they will have to change their official taxi partner to 6x6 Taxi as well.

Edited by CCester
  • Like 1