Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

I couldn't really think about any other female headliners, so I asked chatgpt to create a top 20 female artists based on popularity in Europe and I added my own findings to it.

1. Adele, too big

2. Dua Lipa, does some big festivals, but all around early July and played in 2022

3. Billie Eilish, played last year + not on tour

4. Rihanna, not touring.

5. Taylor Swift, too big

6. Beyoncé, too big

7. Ariana Grande, not touring

8. Lady Gaga, not touring

9. Katy Perry, only 1 festival in Rio a month after Sziget

10. Shakira, not on tour but her album releases soon and she hinted at a tour to go with it.

11. Sia, not on tour

12. Lana Del Rey, As Leaks confirmed talks have broken down.

13. Lorde, played last year

14. Halsey, not on tour

15. Florence + The Machine, played last year

16. Ellie Goulding, 1 concert in april.

17. Jessie J, only has shows in the uk

18. Camila Cabello, 2 festivals in june

19. Zara Larsson, Is playing some festivals

20. Anne-Marie, played in 2022

I think from 14 down I would consider them too small for a headliner and three are just too big for festivals, Lana is out obviously and I think Billie and Lorde are out as well for playing last year. So there are only 7 options of AA+ quality in my opinion.

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

I think it's viewed differently by different people. In UK, for example, in our academic qualifications, the highest possible mark is A+. Therefore, AA+ is typical hyperbole, but indicates a VERY high level act.

Which means we all get excited for The Killers and Red Hot Chili Peppers, despite knowing we're going to get Macklemore and Major Lazer!

How on earth is Liam AA+…?

15 minutes ago, Joka_sc said:

I couldn't really think about any other female headliners, so I asked chatgpt to create a top 20 female artists based on popularity in Europe and I added my own findings to it.

1. Adele, too big

2. Dua Lipa, does some big festivals, but all around early July and played in 2022

4. Rihanna, not touring.

5. Taylor Swift, too big

6. Beyoncé, too big

10. Shakira, not on tour but her album releases soon and she hinted at a tour to go with it.

11. Sia, not on tour

14. Halsey, not on tour

I think from 14 down I would consider them too small for a headliner and three are just too big for festivals, Lana is out obviously and I think Billie and Lorde are out as well for playing last year. So there are only 7 options of AA+ quality in my opinion.

FWIW, I think we are down to Lana, Dua, Katy or SZA.

Outsider: Pink

Who we should get as a reward for our patience: Gaga, Beyonce 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joka_sc said:

1. Adele, too big

4. Rihanna, not touring.

5. Taylor Swift, too big

6. Beyoncé, too big

11. Sia, not on tour

14. Halsey, not on tour

You missed Bjork. 😀

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I don't think the AA+ comment refers to Liam.

Yeah but we have 4 already, then also Liam confirmed as headliner. That leaves one spot. The commenter said two major headliners. I doubt any huge headliner would go into a “co-headlining spot”

Edited by Akujin

5 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Yeah but we have 4 already, then also Liam confirmed as headliner. That leaves one spot. The commenter said two major headliners. I doubt any huge headliner would go into a “co-headlining spot”

My thoughts are:
- Liam and Stormzy play the same day to attract UK visitors;
- Sam Smith seems to be surprisingly big, so they could leave him as a standalone headliner;
- Same with Fred, maybe they add Skrillex as second headliner that day;
- Martin Garrix always was a standalone headliner at Sziget, no reasons to change it;

So there could be two spots left.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

My thoughts are:
- Liam and Stormzy play the same day to attract UK visitors;
- Sam Smith seems to be surprisingly big, so they could leave him as a standalone headliner;
- Same with Fred, maybe they add Skrillex as second headliner that day;
- Martin Garrix always was a standalone headliner at Sziget, no reasons to change it;

So there could be two spots left.

Yeah, this is my interpretation of the situation. Fingers crossed it's correct and we still have a couple of strong female and rock headliners to come. 

Although i would normally take those comments with a grain of salt, it could be a good excuse for letting us wait for so long. Hoping they’re right about the “AA+” headliners!

For me personally, i would love one of them being a rock headliner 

13 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but this was said on the Sziget Reddit: 

image.thumb.png.36cfffd4d3b54c549123ae0b338c47d7.png

AA+ headliners meaning...? 👀 

I would completely ignore this. They only want to promote there Festival Family thing, we know Liam is a Headliner and he certainly isn't as big of a deal as they want to make out the missing Headliners to be.

19 hours ago, Joka_sc said:

1. Adele, too big

4. Rihanna, not touring.

5. Taylor Swift, too big

6. Beyoncé, too big

11. Sia, not on tour

14. Halsey, not on tour

Pink, SZA, Doja Cat are three more I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more. 

1 hour ago, SzigetEire said:

Thing is with Liam, he’s gonna do his new album with John Squire

Liam's touring with John Squire at the moment, then he's doing his 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe solo tour. All before Sziget.

I suspect we will just get a 'best of' with Oasis songs, solo songs and, at most, a couple of songs from his collab with John Squire. 

53 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Liam's touring with John Squire at the moment, then he's doing his 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe solo tour. All before Sziget.

I suspect we will just get a 'best of' with Oasis songs, solo songs and, at most, a couple of songs from his collab with John Squire. 

I love definitely maybe but I hope it’s a full solo set and not just that album like the rest of his festivals this summer 

I remember when majority were like "blablabla Coldplay impossible for festivals"... . Thank you Glastonbury.

I hope now everyone realise that it's only a matter of MONEY. Hey, Rihanna performed at a wedding for 9 millions, ok ..? So please no more " gnagnagna blabla he's/they/she not doing festivals etc...".

But considering the obvious Sziget budget for music, indeed I don't believe 1 second that they could get Taylor Swift lol. Or AC/DC or The Weeknd.

We should look at acts that use to be subhead or "normal" headliners.. James Blunt, Sia, Usher, etc.. and if we get lucky, someone who haven't performed for a while like Shakira or Ariana Grande, etc... (Katy Perry still seems to me too big for the "Nowadays Sziget" 😞 )