Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

9 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

We know someting's going wrong with Sziget when there's no Bastille in even-numbered year...

Exactly. Bastille even and Macklemore odd.

I would be very surprised if not 😅

10 minutes ago, pompirus said:

We must expect 10 more days at least before they drop the line up but it could be longer... 

I don't necessarily think you are wrong, but why do you say this? Is it a guess or do you have information?

7 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I don't necessarily think you are wrong, but why do you say this? Is it a guess or do you have information?

They usually give you a few days notice before the announcement and give you hints over the next few days.

it could come today to say look forward to it on Tuesday but seems unlikely. 

2 hours ago, SzigetEire said:

They usually give you a few days notice before the announcement and give you hints over the next few days.

it could come today to say look forward to it on Tuesday but seems unlikely. 

I think we're so late they might announce on a Tuesday that names are out on a Thursday or something like that. But that's just wishful thinking.

Anyone else getting disheartened waiting? I've started looking at alternative festivals. Flights are increasing in price to/from Budapest and the current line-up isn't thrilling me enough to buy. Anyone got experience of Rock Werchter as that's a cracking line-up they've got?

Alternatively, although the line-up isn't great, I quite fancy Mad Cool. Anyone been? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Alternatively, although the line-up isn't great, I quite fancy Mad Cool. Anyone been? 

Been to Mad Cool for just one day in 2022, didn't like it

Festival ended at 1 after midnight (I expected it to be until 5-6 in the morning like Primavera Sound, Sziget or Exit), metro stops at midnight, had to wait for 2 and a half hours in line for the bus. And there isn't that much to do at the festival expect music, that's why I still prefer Sziget over any other festival.  

28 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Anyone else getting disheartened waiting? I've started looking at alternative festivals. Flights are increasing in price to/from Budapest and the current line-up isn't thrilling me enough to buy. Anyone got experience of Rock Werchter as that's a cracking line-up they've got?

Werchter is very good at what it does. Depends what you want in a music festival. 

You won't get much else but bands, werchter and sziget very chalk and cheese in terms of experience. 

I would never choose sziget as a band focused festival, likewise I wouldn't choose werchter if I wanted a proper festival experience.

If you want a sziget type festival experience, Roskilde is your best bet. 

32 minutes ago, pompirus said:

I got informations 🙂

Why the delay? Is it because of a particular act that can't announce until mid-March or just struggling to get acts signed up and over the line?

Edited by billybigballs

5 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

We went last year. It was a mixed bag. It was beautiful and really sunny and getting from stage to stage was a breeze, up until very late it was also easy to get food and drinks.

However they either oversold the RHCP day or the venue was way to small for the advertised 90k people beavue the last day was literally scary, I honestly don’t know how people didn’t get crushed.

there was a single waterblock right in the middle and it could only be accessed through a single small passage. plus they seprated males and females and there was no phone signal plus you couldnt come out at the enterance so it was like good fking luck finding eachother after a toilet break.

long story short I only recommend it if they fix the venue issues because it will be at the same location… Unfortunately there were no map or layout info until like the week before last year

Edited by Akujin

5 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Been to Mad Cool for just one day in 2022, didn't like it

Festival ended at 1 after midnight (I expected it to be until 5-6 in the morning like Primavera Sound, Sziget or Exit), metro stops at midnight, had to wait for 2 and a half hours in line for the bus. And there isn't that much to do at the festival expect music, that's why I still prefer Sziget over any other festival.  

It’s in a different location, transportation was fine last year

Just now, Akujin said:

It’s in a different location, transportation was fine last year

And it ended at 3. But yeah I mean there are no programs or anything it’s literally just the shows which was great for us because we only went for the music.

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Why the delay? Is it because of a particular act that can't announce until mid-March or just struggling to get acts signed up and over the line?

I don't know about those kind of points. They expected to give the 2nd part of the line up before the end of February but like last year they postponed the announcement but maybe @Sziget2024_Leaks could give us more info 

1 hour ago, Ads1 said:

Shawn Mendes has just announced his gig on Rock in Rio in September and the new album. Could he be the unexpected headliner?

He supposed to play in covid year and he is fans favourite.

Still better choice than Louis Tomlinsson One Direction things.

Scary thing is that he was supposed to be one of the headliners, so lets hope he is either sub and we have better artists as headliners.

Strokes please? 🙂

2 hours ago, lukatej said:

Strokes please? 🙂

Talking about bands that might be European and/or festival exclusives as they did with Mumfords and KoL in the past, I think The Strokes would be a good shout. We also know from Leaks that they were in talks with them (or maybe still are).

An optimistic take is that they are waiting for Glastonbury to make their announcement, possibly because there's a shared act that is meant to be revealed first on the Glastonbury lineup poster, which is reportedly being released next week.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, drbonzo said:

An optimistic take is that they are waiting for Glastonbury to make their announcement, possibly because there's a shared act that is meant to be revealed first on the Glastonbury lineup poster, which is reportedly being released next week.

Dua?