Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

24 minutes ago, poelim said:

So they have announced 2 acts this week in seperate announcements. Do we think they will keep doing this for a while? Seperate announcements to keep the people enthousiastic or something?

Probably they dont have enough names to announce properly, so they choose this tactic. Little worried about "big announcement" in the future

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Let's be honest, based on who they've booked so far, it could be absolutely anyone!

Is Azariah the lad who sells out 20,000 capacity arenas in Hungary but only plays in small clubs in every other country?

Yup. He's having a triple sold out gig at Puskás Arena, according to the press release that's 3 x 40 000 people, 120 000 tickets in total. That's unheard of in Hungary. I don't know if anyone's ever done something like that here. Probably only Taylor Swift could do that, or someone like her. Coldplay is getting close, they've got 3 days in the stadium, but not sold out (yet). 

Yeah, he's doing his first European "tour" now, but as far as I know most of his lyrics are in Hungarian, so he's not really an international name in this moment in time. But, yeah, it's not just that he's the most popular musician in Hungary right now, but in the last 20-30 years I haven't seen such a hysterical obsession with anyone in this country. Maybe "prime" Justin Bieber.

It was almost sure and certain that he's going to be at least a sub this year. Last year I was told by someone in the local music industry that he's not signing for a lower spot than a subheadliner, at the same time Sziget CEO said in the TV that they'll do everything to bring him to the island, so just had to put 2+2 together, him being a sub was an obvious solution.

I'm not a fan btw, I don't quite get the hype, but it's not really my genre anyway, and I'm a bit older than most of his fans. 

Edited by kristofm

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

To be honest the Sziget line up is really sub-par this year and I'm not sure it can be saved at this point 

I think it can but, as someone who has already bought tickets and flights for three of us, I fear it won't.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I think it can but, as someone who has already bought tickets and flights for three of us, I fear it won't.

I feel with you, brother.. 😄

we don't have flights booked, but we did buy the early bird tickets.
Usually I don't do that but I was looking at the lineups for last 10 years and I was like "Each year they have a couple of acts I would like to see, this year will be no different" so it was a no brainer. Oh boy, was I wrong...

• Like 1

Normally, after all the announcements made I have only about 4-5 artists I like.
2-3 headliners I don't listen to, but interested in what kind of shows they put together.
Then 4-5 artists I discover until the festival kicks off.
3-4 Hungarians.
And a few I discover on the spot.
That's 15+ gigs to see, with only 4-5 names I initially liked from the big announcements. I've always had a good time.

And this time, I've already got 3 ones I like + 2 that I discovered. If I get Idles, Two Door Cinema Club and Placebo for me it could be one of the top3 line ups in the past 10 years. So... lineups are pretty subjective.

Edited by kristofm
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kristofm said:

Normally, after all the announcements made I have only about 4-5 artists I like.
2-3 headliners I don't listen to, but interested in what kind of shows they put together.
Then 4-5 artists I discover until the festival kicks off.
3-4 Hungarians.
And a few I discover on the spot.
That's 15+ gigs to see, with only 4-5 names I initially liked from the big announcements. I've always had a good time.

And this time, I've already got 3 ones I like + 2 that I discovered. If I get Idles, Two Door Cinema Club and Placebo for me it could be one of the top3 line ups in the past 10 years. So... lineups are pretty subjective.

that they are..

as you can see here on this topic, EDM crowd is over the moon with this lineup while most of the people who do not listen to EDM consider this a really, really poor lineup.

4 minutes ago, bunnyv said:

E553CA22-1906-4966-B9CB-9471E610CC7A.jpeg

Prodigy/Skrillex/Pendulum…and people are complaining about too much electronic music here. Love it! 🙂

Like this lineup, diverse artists. Lets hope for something similar on Sziget.

My guesses: Catfish/Lana/TDCC/Skrillex/Wombats

Edited by lukatej

3 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Prodigy/Skrillex/Pendulum…and people are complaining about too much electronic music here. Love it! 🙂

Like this lineup, diverse artists. Lets hope for something similar on Sziget.

My guesses: Catfish/Lana/TDCC/Skrillex/Wombats

I would happily take Jorja,Raye and The Last Dinner Party aswell

New announcements from those two fests', MAIN SQUARE and ROCK EN SEINE

When I see Blink-182, The Killers, Prodigy, Maneskin, BMTH, etc... on other fests' ... 

... and sziget giving us goldband and azahriah.... 🥵🥵🥵

main square 2024.png

ReS.png

6 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

New announcements from those two fests', MAIN SQUARE and ROCK EN SEINE

When I see Blink-182, The Killers, Prodigy, Maneskin, BMTH, etc... on other fests' ... 

... and sziget giving us goldband and azahriah.... 🥵🥵🥵

main square 2024.png

ReS.png

Liking how main square have put the schedule up already. I'm liking the Saturday. BMTH-The Blaze-Armin van Burren is so good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamdebrii said:

R+L and Open'er joining the limited list of festivals with banger line-ups. Is Sziget the only major European festival which has yet to announce anything in Jan/Feb?

IMO most of this year's better lineups are provided by August festivals. Way Out West, Øya, Reading / Leeds, Kalorama, Lowlands, and of course Rock en Seine. Strange that Sziget lacks behind.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

IMO most of this year's better lineups are provided by August festivals. Way Out West, Øya, Reading / Leeds, Kalorama, Lowlands, and of course Rock en Seine. Strange that Sziget lacks behind.

Way out west line up. 🥰

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gunghoglen said:

Reading Leeds is out. Blink 182 is interesting, doubt they would come back. Lana is there, she is more likely to be here. Skrillex, too.

image.thumb.png.2273a55158fde471c4e442c886a961a0.png

The more I look at this, the more I find. I'd take Raye, Jorja Smith, Liam, Catfish, TDCC, Spiritbox, Wombats, Confidence Man, Last Dinner Party, Japanese House, Dream Wife, Kenya Grace, Pendulum and The Prodigy.