Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

32 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

The announcement seems to be as worse as the first wave of the 2017 lineup announcement. Back then Sziget came with these names: Bad Religion, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, DJ Shadow, GTA, GusGus, Kensington, Mac DeMarco, Major Lazer, Oh Wonder, Oliver Heldens, Tom Odell, Two Door Cinema Club, Vince Staples, W&W

Both were anniversary Sziget editions 😁

TBH next waves saved it...

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

So The Strokes, Lana del Rey and Skrillex for the next announcement?

...so in theory they can save this anniversary too!

• Like 1

I’m 21 and I’m telling you this isn’t a 21&under appealing lineup at ALL. Other than Louis (which I don’t like personally) and (maybe) Sam, there’s no one screaming 21&under. 

It’s just a weak announcement overall..

Also, I’m seeing they are getting a sh*t ton of hate, so Iet’s just hope that this is a wake up call for the next announcement..

Edited by rowexx
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, rowexx said:

I’m seeing they are getting a sh*t ton of hate, so Iet’s just hope that this is a wake up call for the next announcement..

the hate won't matter, unless it affects sales. I can't see this announcement causing much of a rush for ticket's, but they've apparently sold a sh*t load of early birds and U21s already. I think it was probably their strategy all along. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Even looking back at 2022-2023 lineups, this is... I just don't know.

Headliner-wise it's probably a worst Sziget in a long time (at least for now). Martin Garrix is the only one which seems suitable - traditional EDM-headliner, and not the worst one. Stormzy is not a headliner material for such a huge festival outside of UK. Fred probably is a hot cake right now, but having two DJ headliners when festival only lasts for six days? No comments on Sam Smith, just don't want to discuss it.

Like them or not, but Imagine Dragons and Billie Eilish are huge artists, which should headline such festival. In 2022 they had two huge pop stars, one huge guitar-driven band and two just big enough. And just three editions before Twenty One Pilots played before Foo Fighters on the last festival day. Time...

Agree with you on headliners, but looks like there is not strong headliners touring in Europe on those dates. You have amazing bands like LCD Soundsystem, Massive Attack, or even Queens of the Stone Age, but they are not "strong" headliners at all (but I'd kill to have them, specially if we compare them with Stormzy or Sam Smith). The only "big" headliner touring is Lana del Rey, and looks like they are trying to book her. 

On the other side, the "A38" names are pretty good

Edited by davidoffescassi

What improvements would you make to the lineup to make it look much stronger in terms of big acts with some realistic options?

These are my additions to make the lineup more appealing for the general public: first of all, I'd try to book The Killers on the Stormzy day (Day 3). I would still promote Stormzy as headliner but he would be going play at 19:30. That day would look really strong for the UK visitors because lots of them listen to The Killers. I know that band isn't officially in the area in August but for the right price I think they would be.

For Day 1, I'd book The Strokes with a strong act before them, let's say Paramore. Technically, Paramore ARE available on the 7th, 11th AND 12th of August and I really believe they might accept to play (for the right price, of course).

I would make Day 2 more pop-oriented, with Lana Del Rey as headliner & some nice alternative bands in Freedome.

For Day 4, before Martin Garrix, I'd book a strong name, let's say Noel Gallagher or Liam Gallagher.

For Day 5, right before Sam Smith, I'd put another stronger name from other festivals in the area as a sub.

For Day 6 I'd book Skrillex and have Four Tet b2b Fred Again b2b Skrillex + a nice sub playing before them

So we'd have:

Day 1: The Strokes + Paramore
Day 2: Lana Del Rey
Day 3: The Killers + Stormzy
Day 4: Martin Garrix (+ Noel / Liam sub)
Day 5: Sam Smith + strong sub
Day 6: Four Tet b2b Fred Again b2b Skrillex + nice sub

That would make 8 headliners on the poster (The Strokes, Lana Del Rey, The Killers, Stormzy, Martin Garrix, Sam Smith, Fred Again & Skrillex), maybe 9 if they would also add Four Tet on it.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

What improvements would you make to the lineup to make it look much stronger in terms of big acts with some realistic options?

These are my additions to make the lineup more appealing for the general public: first of all, I'd try to book The Killers on the Stormzy day (Day 3). I would still promote Stormzy as headliner but he would be going play at 19:30. That day would look really strong for the UK visitors because lots of them listen to The Killers. I know that band isn't officially in the area in August but for the right price I think they would be.

For Day 1, I'd book The Strokes with a strong act before them, let's say Paramore. Technically, Paramore ARE available on the 7th, 11th AND 12th of August and I really believe they might accept to play (for the right price, of course).

I would make Day 2 more pop-oriented, with Lana Del Rey as headliner & some nice alternative bands in Freedome.

For Day 4, before Martin Garrix, I'd book a strong name, let's say Noel Gallagher or Liam Gallagher.

For Day 5, right before Sam Smith, I'd put another stronger name from other festivals in the area as a sub.

For Day 6 I'd book Skrillex and have Four Tet b2b Fred Again b2b Skrillex + a nice sub playing before them

So we'd have:

Day 1: The Strokes + Paramore
Day 2: Lana Del Rey
Day 3: The Killers + Stormzy
Day 4: Martin Garrix (+ Noel / Liam sub)
Day 5: Sam Smith + strong sub
Day 6: Four Tet b2b Fred Again b2b Skrillex + nice sub

That would make 8 headliners on the poster (The Strokes, Paramore, Lana Del Rey, The Killers, Stormzy, Martin Garrix, Sam Smith, Fred Again & Skrillex), maybe 9 if they would also add Four Tet on it.

maybe Charli XCX as a strong sub since it was mentioned that Sziget is trying to book her? I saw her at Primavera Sound in 2022 and she's amazing live, I would love to see her again 🤞