Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Well guys, this is it for me, i will go offline for next couple of days. Love the leaks but at the same time i dont wanna know everything and spare some hope and anticipation on what we are getting next Tuesday. 

Hoping for the best but actually expecting the worst beacuse the names we know and the names we ruled out..damn

Thinking about it, this forum probably wouldn't have guessed names like A$AP Rocky (or maybe Khalid, FKA Twigs, blackbear, Little Simz and others to a lesser extent) back in 2020.

Lot of players we barely mentioned this year with certain rappers/acts like Rocky/Swae Lee/Lil Yachty or electronic acts like Disclosure/Anotr/Skrillex/BUNT.

I was quite positive a week ago, but in the last couple of days we technically ruled out any decent acts playing nearby. I don’t know what to think. 

Stormzy will probably headline the ‘all things British’ day with strong subs, so it’s not a big tragedy in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Thinking about it, this forum probably wouldn't have guessed names like A$AP Rocky (or maybe Khalid, FKA Twigs, blackbear, Little Simz and others to a lesser extent) back in 2020.

Lot of players we barely mentioned this year with certain rappers/acts like Rocky/Swae Lee/Lil Yachty or electronic acts like Disclosure/Anotr/Skrillex/BUNT.

There are also quite a few guesses that 'Leaks' hasn't responded to. Let's face it, he doesn't want us to know everyone. He's, once again, played a good game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

There are also quite a few guesses that 'Leaks' hasn't responded to. Let's face it, he doesn't want us to know everyone. He's, once again, played a good game.

Well, I guess some acts want / allow to get leaked meanwhile others might threaten with cancellation if they get leaked.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Why would they threaten cancellation? 

Stupid contractual agreements between parties, I guess.

And the festival might also decide not to leak everything and leave some surprises for the announcement because otherwise everyone will buy the tickets when they're cheaper and not after the price increase.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

stormzy as a headliner is as underwhelming as it can get for sziget (especially for the 30th edition). he has less than half of lorde’s monthly listeners and everybody complained about lorde getting a headline spot. at least I hope we are gonna get 7 headliners and he s going to double head with somebody else. and also really hope the second announcement is going to be better cause the first one seems really sh*tty so far imo

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, rowexx said:

stormzy as a headliner is as underwhelming as it can get for sziget (especially for the 30th edition). he has less than half of lorde’s monthly listeners and everybody complained about lorde getting a headline spot. at least I hope we are gonna get 7 headliners and he s going to double head with somebody else. and also really hope the second announcement is going to be better cause the first one seems really sh*tty so far imo

Stormzy subbed this year at RW and while he gave a proper show, the audience was a mess. It was raining and he performed before Mumford and Sons (not exactly the same audience). The audience, at least not from the front rows, seemed almost indifferent 

can't believe Stormzy is a headliner... with Sam Smith, that would be 2 names that aren't headline materials elsewhere..

well, sounds like a surprising "discount 30th birthday" to me ... + names like big thief, yard act, overmono.. these aren"t even "second zone" names...

This is the first time I'm afraid of the line-up lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

can't believe Stormzy is a headliner... with Sam Smith, that would be 2 names that aren't headline materials elsewhere..

well, sounds like a surprising "discount 30th birthday" to me ... + names like big thief, yard act, overmono.. these aren"t even "second zone" names...

This is the first time I'm afraid of the line-up lol.

Im also scared. Sam Smith is a sub headliner at Pinkpop (i chose Sziget over Pinkpop this year). And if Sam Smith wil headline with no big sub name next to him. Is that really scary.

Edited by QuintenH

35 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

We only 'know' a quarter of the first line up announcement - less than 10 acts. I really wouldn't worry too much at this stage. 

yeah but it will probably be around 6-8 “big” names (meaning heads and subs) and we already know most of them i think..

which is a bit worrying

• Upvote 1