Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

https://clashfinder.com/s/sziget24/?user=14eh9o.mr&

I know this is fanmade (right?), but I'm just wondering... they surely won't put Dead Poet Society and Fontaines DC in one slot, right? It would make a lot more sense to let Editors play at 18:45-20:00, 20:30-21:45 Fontaines DC, and put Crystal Fighters after Sam Smith, at the same time as DPS. So indie-rock fans could see Editors+Fontaines DC+DPS, while Becky+Janelle+Sam Smith fans can all see Crystal Fighters if they want.

Edited by kristofm

6 hours ago, kristofm said:

I know this is fanmade (right?), but I'm just wondering... they surely won't put Dead Poet Society and Fontaines DC in one slot, right? It would make a lot more sense to let Editors play at 18:45-20:00, 20:30-21:45 Fontaines DC, and put Crystal Fighters after Sam Smith, at the same time as DPS. So indie-rock fans could see Editors+Fontaines DC+DPS, while Becky+Janelle+Sam Smith fans can all see Crystal Fighters if they want.

I would only take it in a way to see which artist gors on ehich stage, and maybe main stage is oretty much fix. Other than that mainly guess work.

For example, Four Tet is already wrong. In the press co they said that he will follow Fred immediately, but in the clash finder he is one slot later.

So yeah it’s just guessing and half random.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 12:35 PM, kristofm said:

I know when he was announced, Barry Can't Swim was allocated the  1.45am to 3am slot on his Sziget-produced graphic, but I really hope they put him on earlier. I never seem to last until that time in the morning anymore! Lol. 

On 5/2/2024 at 11:49 PM, Matt86 said:

Last year, I really enjoyed artists like Charlie Cunningham (music box), Adam French and Amber Run (Europe stage)... it was "quiet" and beautiful.. Do we have artists like that this year ? Maybe New West, but that's all... 😞 

Maybe... New West, God is an Astronaut, Platon Karataev, Two Lanes, Barabas Lörinc, Kama, Stair, Aron Andras...maybe

lets make the best out of IT...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Lobo said:

Maybe... New West, God is an Astronaut, Platon Karataev, Two Lanes, Barabas Lörinc, Kama, Stair, Aron Andras...maybe

lets make the best out of IT...

I'm really enjoying zoe wees and ari abdul.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It looks like ticket sales are going horribly (4 days are still on base prices). 

I can’t decide if that’s a good or bad thing. Because it does send a signal but also Sziget will be broke for next year. 

They also still advertising the hell out of accomododations. So I guess that’s not going well either. Really sad. I hope it’s not the beginning of the end.

18 minutes ago, Akujin said:

It looks like ticket sales are going horribly (4 days are still on base prices). 

I can’t decide if that’s a good or bad thing. Because it does send a signal but also Sziget will be broke for next year. 

They also still advertising the hell out of accomododations. So I guess that’s not going well either. Really sad. I hope it’s not the beginning of the end.

There’s tickets going on ticket swap for as little as 190- for a week pass. Crazy how people are willing to sell at such a loss rather than go

39 minutes ago, Akujin said:

They're all in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Tier 1 was €75, Tier 2 is €85 and Tier 3 is €99. So it's not that bad...

4 hours ago, Akujin said:

It's not just Sziget that's struggling. Majority of festivals are struggling for sell outs, due to lineups and the extortionate prices now. 

There needs to be a change throughout the industry, certainly on prices less so on lineups.

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Newjem said:

They're all in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Tier 1 was €75, Tier 2 is €85 and Tier 3 is €99. So it's not that bad...

ok then my bad but no the most of them are on 85 eur. There iss 99 and 109 above it, and the prices have pretty much stayed the same since the day split announcement.

Either way, it’s defo worse than last year, and I think that wasn’t too hot either.

Caravan being only half way booked by now is bonkers to me. I also have never seen them actually doing paid ads for these premium spots and I get these ads now non stop, which means they are spending a decent amount on ads.

2C709DA9-DC8C-46F1-98D7-B34CF53D6910.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Akujin said:

Caravan being only half way booked by now is bonkers to me. I also have never seen them actually doing paid ads for these premium spots and I get these ads now non stop, which means they are spending a decent amount on ads.

2C709DA9-DC8C-46F1-98D7-B34CF53D6910.jpeg

Wasn’t Siesta usually the first to sold out in previous years?

9 hours ago, Emjane said:

Joost’ Tour has just sold out in minutes… I think they might have to change the stage he’s on purely for the demand

... only people from Netherlands know him lol .. I think, I THINK, A38 is big enough for an artist like him 😅 if you think the tent will be full, you're wrong 😉 

12 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

... only people from Netherlands know him lol .. I think, I THINK, A38 is big enough for an artist like him 😅 if you think the tent will be full, you're wrong 😉 

I don't think it's just Benelux. He sold out shows in Prague and Warsaw in minutes as well, then both shows got moved to bigger venues (1200 cap) and it sold out again. Don't think he needs to be moved to Main Stage but will defo have one of the largest crowds in the tent this year.

• Upvote 2

from being relatively underwhelmed to having clash worries - august 7th seems like it's going to be a wild one as we want to catch a bit of Kylie, FISHER, Tom Odell, Marc Rebillet, L'Imperatrice, Barry Can't Swim, Dom Dolla,  Joost, Artemas, Blondshell and Royel Otis

also just saw fred again.. b2b skrillex in Mexico and it was WILD lol 

the thursday is still a stinker by most all tho, only grandson, aurora and a maybe Halsey caught our eye

4 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

from being relatively underwhelmed to having clash worries - august 7th seems like it's going to be a wild one as we want to catch a bit of Kylie, FISHER, Tom Odell, Marc Rebillet, L'Imperatrice, Barry Can't Swim, Dom Dolla,  Joost, Artemas, Blondshell and Royel Otis

the thursday is still a stinker by most all tho, only grandson, aurora and a maybe Halsey caught our eye

Hey, on Thursday check out Azahriah, he's the biggest act in Hungary today. Just sold out the football stadium for 3 nights. I like to check out local music wherever I am. Maybe you do, too. So if Thursday seems lacking, give him a shot. Might not be your cup of tea, but will be a big show.

20 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I'm really looking forward to the Skrillex and Fred combo. I wilsh I could enjoy this quality that you posted. It looks REALLY good but I can't do it, it hurts my ears so much lol