northernangel

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

wet leg would be an infinitely more inspired booking than snow patrol. i can not believe they’re on the festival circuit, they have one song and haven’t released music since 2018. v dull booking, coupled with Keane as well. yawn fest. 

For people who are older they're good and have way more than one song, but they are definitely a boring booking for anyone who doesn't like middle of the road stuff and/or are younger. I like that sort of thing so them and noel would be perfect for me! Though kendal are lucky they sell out regardless of lineup, I'm not sure Y Not etc are going to fare so well

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 8/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, Tom Connolly said:

any early shouts for headliners? Noel Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Two Door and Madness on the Thursday is my very early prediction

madness are an expensive booking*, which might make thursday a difficult fit.

* i presume they cost more than other suitable headliners.

23 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

For people who are older they're good and have way more than one song, but they are definitely a boring booking for anyone who doesn't like middle of the road stuff and/or are younger. I like that sort of thing so them and noel would be perfect for me! Though kendal are lucky they sell out regardless of lineup, I'm not sure Y Not etc are going to fare so well

keane aren't my thing but i've thought of them as a very good live act when i've seen them, having said that i wouldn't go out of my way to see them again.

Just now, Bring Da Ruckus said:

Paolo it is then, I’m happy enough with that. What happened to our five headliners being announced today though?

They actually mentioned 5 headliners then mentioned 6 acts (Noel, Streets, Paulo, Heaton, Keane and Sugababes)

2 minutes ago, Bring Da Ruckus said:

I never saw them change it to six acts, just seen them banging on about FIVE headliners on socials for the last week

Yeah that’s what they have been but when they announced this is the lineup with our 5 headliners they then mentioned the 6 acts above.  

Knew Biffy was a pipe dream, so out of the rest of the Superstruct acts available I'm very happy that it's ended up being Paolo. 

Probably enough there for me to cobble together an enjoyable weekend in a field with me mates for a reasonable price. Think they've done well all things considered.

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yep it was right with Paolo in there too

Unfortunately, he didn't cross my midnight at the time.

42 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah that’s what they have been but when they announced this is the lineup with our 5 headliners they then mentioned the 6 acts above.  

Paulo, Noel, Streets, Declan, Paul Heaton. Keane, Sugababes, Reytons will be subs I suspect.

Firstly, I think Kendall is poor. Friday Tramlines I ticket off my to see last year so except for that, headliner wise though I think these 3 are the worst combination out of them. I'd have not gone but taken Jamie T just because I've not seen him.

I think Keane is going to take a 3rd down place, after the Legend act wouldn't surprise me as they would fit Sunday for locals very well. Shania, Keane and Coldplay is nice too haha. Also is Keane, Pulp and Dua Lipa.

Best of the superstructs

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tweet seems to have Keane as a headliner. Declan McKenna isn't mentioned. 

2 o2 dates so not that surprising they are headlining i think - clearly bigger than declan

10 hours ago, Neil said:

keane aren't my thing but i've thought of them as a very good live act when i've seen them, having said that i wouldn't go out of my way to see them again.

Oh I agree on that for sure - saw them at my first festival V04.  I'm hoping to get to one of these anniversary shows as I love that album

16 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

how do we know about Keane? 

They've posted certain acts days on twitter.

Friday: Noel, Keane

Saturday: Sugababes (The Streets by process of elimination)

Sunday: Paolo Nutini, The Reytons

Also confirmed Katy B is parklands

2 hours ago, tomlc said:

Certainly stronger in depth than last year. Arguably the best of the mid-sized announced so far. 

unless i missed something there's literally nothing on there i'd go out of my way to see. i haven't really been looking but nothing else has scored better with me(maybe i'm just bored with the same old cat food?)