Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

On 4/18/2024 at 3:55 PM, maarrkk said:

I'm a solo Avalon/CALM volunteer this year hoping to drive from East London - does anyone else want to try and come as a passenger in my car, as I see that carpooling increases chances of getting a permit. Also would be fun to drive down with fellow volunteers!

Potentially up for this, although I've already filled out the form and answered no to the 'are you listed as a passenger on anyone else's form?' question. I'm SE London but can easily make my way east!

On 4/18/2024 at 3:55 PM, maarrkk said:

I'm a solo Avalon/CALM volunteer this year hoping to drive from East London - does anyone else want to try and come as a passenger in my car, as I see that carpooling increases chances of getting a permit. Also would be fun to drive down with fellow volunteers!

I'd be interested in this as well! I've already filled out the form to say I'll be getting the coach but I imagine you can email them to change. I'm in Stoke Newington so it would be ideal

6 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

I'd be interested in this as well! I've already filled out the form to say I'll be getting the coach but I imagine you can email them to change. I'm in Stoke Newington so it would be ideal

Yes sure they would be OK with that if emailing through and I haven't submitted my form yet.

I've had some interest via a Facebook post on Avalon Bar page as well, but nothing confirmed yet - hoping to confirm two passengers plus me driving so let me know if you're definitely keen!

15 minutes ago, spikytom said:

Potentially up for this, although I've already filled out the form and answered no to the 'are you listed as a passenger on anyone else's form?' question. I'm SE London but can easily make my way east!

Hi, guess my reply to tr234 above would answer for you - let me know if you want to and are happy to follow up/confirm via email to Avalon 🙂

On 4/19/2024 at 2:50 PM, This_Fields_Good said:

Someone posted they got one a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not aware of anything else since the main 'giveaway' !

Last year they did a big resale drop in early May, and then sporadic one-offs or clusters thereafter, until close to the fest.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:55 PM, incident said:

Yeah, the chances are so small and for the effort involved that it's not even worth looking until at minimum the middle of next week.

More likely some point after the cancellation deadline on May 3rd is when they'll drop a load at once.

Assume this is for people who are on the "priority" list and have worked with Oxfam before? 

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Assume this is for people who are on the "priority" list and have worked with Oxfam before? 

While that can't be 100% ruled out, it's probably unlikely.

People on the Oxfam priority list had their window - in which a Glastonbury place was effectively guaranteed to those who wanted it - so there's no reason to prioritise them for any further places (nor any indication that they'd have signifiant numbers wanting it).

Any further Glastonbury places should go straight to "general public" release.

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

At this stage you have the same chance as a first time volunteer to someone with priority. Priority gives existing volunteers who meet the criteria a week before everyone else to book when places are first released.

Make sure you are registered, join the Oxfam Stewards Facebook group and set up page alerts on this page - https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Signup/FestivalRole Make sure you sign in constantly as it logs you out.

Good luck! 🍀 

Edited by StoneCircle

5 minutes ago, incident said:

While that can't be 100% ruled out, it's probably unlikely.

People on the Oxfam priority list had their window - in which a Glastonbury place was effectively guaranteed to those who wanted it - so there's no reason to prioritise them for any further places (nor any indication that they'd have signifiant numbers wanting it).

Any further Glastonbury places should go straight to "general public" release.

Oh interesting! Thanks, that's given us some food for thought, though we're definitely considering getting on the cycle to get priority anyway, it's clearly too late for this year.

3 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

At this stage you have the same chance as a first time volunteer to someone with priority. Priority gives existing volunteers who meet the criteria a week before everyone else to book when places are first released.

Make sure you are registered, join the Oxfam Stewards Facebook group and set up page alerts on the Oxfam Festival Website festival booking page. Make sure you sign in constantly as it logs you out.

Good luck! 🍀 

And thanks a lot for the info! Page alerts will get set up for sure. Will also make sure the gf's account is accessible and vice versa so we can register us both whoever is in the position to act on the alert 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

And thanks a lot for the info! Page alerts will get set up for sure. Will also make sure the gf's account is accessible and vice versa so we can register us both whoever is in the position to act on the alert 

This is the page to monitor, you will need to have set up an account to see it. You will also get alerts for all changes to other festivals too! It keeps the anxiety levels ticking over! 😂

https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Signup/FestivalRole

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

This is the page to monitor, you will need to have set up an account to see it. You will also get alerts for all changes to other festivals too! It keeps the anxiety levels ticking over! 😂

https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Signup/FestivalRole

Does the page tracking always work with that bot check they've added to the login form? I've already been asked to solve puzzles etc and that's without logging in every set period of time. Setting up Visualping now but can see it getting stuck at that. which it actually already has while trying to set it up

Edited by efcfanwirral

I recommend doing this whenever you have any spare time and be ready to bounce (pounce but bounce if you wish ha) when a place becomes available....if you wait for a text off someone or an alert the place will probably be already gone

Edited by gazzared

28 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I recommend doing this whenever you have any spare time and be ready to bounce (pounce but bounce if you wish ha) when a place becomes available....if you wait for a text off someone or an alert the place will probably be already gone

Yep I've got that all set up on my laptop, along with Distill as a backup. Its more for if I'm out and about that I want alerts, as you just never know! 

I've read that there was a drop start of May in previous years, was that announced? Or did it just happen?

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've read that there was a drop start of May in previous years, was that announced? Or did it just happen?

and to add to this, at what time of day did they happen? 

12 minutes ago, svphie said:

and to add to this, at what time of day did they happen? 

I think it's completely random....in 2019 me and a few others got in the week before on a Sunday afternoon.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Does the page tracking always work with that bot check they've added to the login form? I've already been asked to solve puzzles etc and that's without logging in every set period of time. Setting up Visualping now but can see it getting stuck at that. which it actually already has while trying to set it up

It worked for me in 2022, I haven't volunteered since. Hopefully someone else can comment. 😊

2 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It worked for me in 2022, I haven't volunteered since. Hopefully someone else can comment. 😊

I could never get the distill to see the drop-down options.  Maybe because I was only using the free version 🤷🏻‍♂️

36 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I could never get the distill to see the drop-down options.  Maybe because I was only using the free version 🤷🏻‍♂️

I recall it didn't in a previous year (2020?), but the free one will now as I've been running it since the first release of places in February and it pings on and off as places are released/taken up.

You do have to be logged in to your profile for it to work though - leave it a day or so and you'll find it erroring as you've been auto logged out

• Thanks 1

Fairly certain it was announced and was after the cancellation cut-off date

Yep I've got that all set up on my laptop, along with Distill as a backup. Its more for if I'm out and about that I want alerts, as you just never know! 

There was an announced resale last year after the ticket resale plus there were some sizeable unannounced drops nearer the festival. I got a place a couple of weeks before last year.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

There was an announced resale last year after the ticket resale plus there were some sizeable unannounced drops nearer the festival. I got a place a couple of weeks before last year.

Good to know. Our biggest issue really is needing to get two, which could be quite tricky in the unannounced ones, so I reckon the announced one is our best shot, and then if just one of us gets it we've got 14 days of hoping and praying something comes up before having to cancel it. 

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If anyone wants any help with Distill give me a shout, I'm fully set up with it now (Chrome extension, only works when laptop is on but on it all day anyway!)

Hi mate, I’ve got distill set up on my iPhone (free version). Am looking at getting the paid version to get alerts set up as I’ve not had any come through yet on the free version.

With the paid version, will the alerts still come through with the Oxfam site logging you out after a set amount of time?

Only after the one spot for my wife as I’ve already managed to get one! 

Appreciate any help 👍