Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

8 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

See you on the farm woo! 🥳🍻

Great news BillieBobs.  Lovely to see another volunteer/comp thread winner!  I got avalon on standby as well, great to get that email and nice to see someone "win" on here and then pop up on the avalon whatapp group.  As someone has already said, persistence really does pay off. 

37 minutes ago, rebus said:

Great news BillieBobs.  Lovely to see another volunteer/comp thread winner!  I got avalon on standby as well, great to get that email and nice to see someone "win" on here and then pop up on the avalon whatapp group.  As someone has already said, persistence really does pay off. 

Thank you so much and I owe alot to efestivals! I wouldn’t even have applied if someone hadn’t posted it on this thread. Kept me going whilst in ticket hell and looking for a way in 🥳🍻 Can’t wait to see you all on the farm! 

• Upvote 1

Had my email come through for steward training finally, booked for Sunday 2nd. Pleased it came through and I can stop obsessively checking my Oxfam account that I'm definitely signed up 🙂 

If any volunteers are still looking for transport to/from the Festival on Tuesday 25/Mon 1st from London or Brighton, BPEC are running coaches. Details below:

https://www.bpec.org/1_15_glastonbury-festival-transport.html?fbclid=IwY2xjawC6m4NleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHctTOBwfpcF6bjgRdW8_LrEQe8AEMT27gJS8Ssa8qwjt6qez4oVLMVhVrA_aem_AfYOjOvqQ5XC3YEJ97p0fGvgaIyrZaGJLbF0gX2sVhE2Xcn4YuKVjuMP8UUHVBu18GXGJHH3WIV-jEAHZN01miha

16 hours ago, BillieBobs said:

Hi friends 👋 

I almost passed out when I saw the email…..I’ve got a spot with Avalon bars 🥳😍🍻 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM! 

All well done BillieBobs!! Knew how much you wanted to go - with the WaterAid design comp and all!! Congrats! 🙂

On 5/21/2024 at 9:30 PM, BillieBobs said:

Thank you. I still can’t believe it 😂😍 Been so excited all day. Hope to see a few more e festers get there 🥳🤞🍀

Join @dondo workers meet at tow and Hitch on Tuesday evening if you can - or at least the whatsapp group , hope to meet you there x

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 9:30 PM, BillieBobs said:

Thank you. I still can’t believe it 😂😍 Been so excited all day. Hope to see a few more e festers get there 🥳🤞🍀

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Join @dondo workers meet at tow and Hitch on Tuesday evening if you can - or at least the whatsapp group , hope to meet you there x

Hi there

The meet up I organise is the Monday not Tuesday but if you can make Monday all welcome 

On 5/22/2024 at 10:16 AM, thewomble said:

Had my email come through for steward training finally, booked for Sunday 2nd. Pleased it came through and I can stop obsessively checking my Oxfam account that I'm definitely signed up 🙂 

Doing the same one (if it's 10am)

If anyone hears of two volunteer opportunities please give me a shout. Got two buddies who have tried sssoooo many avenues so far and just not hitting the jackpot- oxfam, tent erecting, wristbanding , sanitising crew....  love seeing people getting places on here, and need to strike it lucky now for them 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2024 at 4:00 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

If anyone hears of two volunteer opportunities please give me a shout. Got two buddies who have tried sssoooo many avenues so far and just not hitting the jackpot- oxfam, tent erecting, wristbanding , sanitising crew....  love seeing people getting places on here, and need to strike it lucky now for them 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7bZB_Is0_q/?igsh=MXVwZHAwY2Ewc3VmZQ==

peequal the people who do the female squat urinals are looking for volunteers, and they have just posted. 

I'd still be very confident that Oxfam places will come up (probably on multiple occasions) closer to the festival. Right up until the weekend beforehand based on past years.

But the problem may be that this late in the game they're likely to come up as individual spots - and so even if successful there could easily be a few weeks gap between getting the spots, and it probably won't be possible to get both people on the same shift pattern. Would expect that other organisations could have similar restrictions at this point, so while it's likely they do find something, it may not be ideal.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2024 at 7:37 AM, rebus said:

Would it be possible to be added to that WhatsApp group?

22 minutes ago, kebabman said:

Does anyone know if ice will be available at the Avalon campsite? I'm thinking of buying those cans of moth cocktails if so but will probably leave it if not because the co-op is a long trek

I don't know about Avalon specifically. But I've never seen or heard of Ice being available in any volunteer campsite at any festival - so I'd be genuinely astonished if it was.

• Thanks 1

All sorted now , thanks for the replies , they’ve both been sorted today though a route they were on the waitlist for x 

• Upvote 1

come on Oxfam, throw us at least one place...

I'm wondering if a few will pop up this week as Shindig just passed and maybe some people didn't show up. I'm being very hopeful here.

On 5/26/2024 at 12:06 PM, incident said:

I'd still be very confident that Oxfam places will come up (probably on multiple occasions) closer to the festival. Right up until the weekend beforehand based on past years.

But the problem may be that this late in the game they're likely to come up as individual spots - and so even if successful there could easily be a few weeks gap between getting the spots, and it probably won't be possible to get both people on the same shift pattern. Would expect that other organisations could have similar restrictions at this point, so while it's likely they do find something, it may not be ideal.

Really hoping so. Been after one spot since the resale a few weeks back, Glastonbury hasn’t come back up once! 

23 hours ago, incident said:

I don't know about Avalon specifically. But I've never seen or heard of Ice being available in any volunteer campsite at any festival - so I'd be genuinely astonished if it was.

Oxfam had some last year at the caterers, life saver!

18 minutes ago, Radiopaste said:

Do we know when we are likely to find out about Oxfam early shifts? In the next week?

and also, do they say who gets the Monday shifts at the same time?

Holding onto the tiniest shred of hope for either earlies or Monday until proven otherwise!!