BST 2024

stanh

7 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Really hope so as they are still excellent live.

Keep the faith brother 

I've not managed to catch them yet. Whenever they tour, I seem to be double-booked.

3 hours ago, jr1312 said:

Yes

Sounds about right. Maybe Level 42 are supporting him. Bet old Andrea could have a crack at Lessons in Love with some brio.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NAS said:

I’ve got my Andrea Bocelli tickets!

hoping for The Strokes (big tour end of 2024 rumoured though so unlikely)

when are we expecting more news?

wheres that strokes tour been rumoured? surprised as they haven't really toured beyond festivals outside the US for many years now

their BST show last time sold poorly but they do well at APE which is a similar size so not impossible, although 2 big outdoor shows back to back may not do well for them - they tend to wait for pent up demand it feels like to me

expect something early december - if not then in the new year

wonder if they might nab Dua Lipa ?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

wheres that strokes tour been rumoured? surprised as they haven't really toured beyond festivals outside the US for many years now

their BST show last time sold poorly but they do well at APE which is a similar size so not impossible, although 2 big outdoor shows back to back may not do well for them - they tend to wait for pent up demand it feels like to me

expect something early december - if not then in the new year

wonder if they might nab Dua Lipa ?

There’s been rumours online since the summer that there’s a new album planned for the end of 2024 along with a world tour 🤷🏻‍♂️ Obviously only rumours at this stage but they’re all back talking and friendly and mostly clean!

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Are the strokes big enough for it these days?

They almost sold out All Points East this summer, supposedly just over  1,000 tickets left. I think Hyde Park is a bigger draw, and also they seem to be having a bit of a resurgence since then

On 11/9/2023 at 2:46 PM, Charles h said:

The Killers are about to announce UK shows for 2024... 

Tool are teasing an announcement for UK shows too, a metal day must be on the cards by now 

Girls Aloud reunion talk too.. 

A few people have speculated on the Killers but they're out, that upcoming announcement is an arena tour.

Would've liked to see Tool but they just announced their own arena dates so I'd say that rules them out. 

52 minutes ago, c82588 said:

A few people have speculated on the Killers but they're out, that upcoming announcement is an arena tour.

Would've liked to see Tool but they just announced their own arena dates so I'd say that rules them out. 

Any ideas when it’s being announced?

On 11/16/2023 at 7:29 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Is it arenas? Yet to see that confirmed but happy to be told otherwise.

It is 100% arenas, in the summer. Not sure on when it will be announced. Would be cool if it turns out to be a Hot Fuss 20th anniversary tour but maybe that's wishful thinking. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Intriguing. I would have thought their set-up wasn't the most expensive in the game, and that they could probably still do stadiums - but also, if numbers are down, there's far less risk in an arena run.

They definitely could do stadiums but may just want to do arenas for logistical reasons - e.g. European fests + uk arenas so the equipment is a similar size or something

3 hours ago, gfa said:

They definitely could do stadiums but may just want to do arenas for logistical reasons - e.g. European fests + uk arenas so the equipment is a similar size or something

I'd have assumed we may have seen a few announcements if they were back in festivals, but who knows, to be fair.

We'll find out soon enough.

As I've said elsewhere, there's an e-mail in confirming the Rebel Diamonds Greatest Hits album to pre-order for access to a UK tour pre-sale with a deadline of 5pm next Monday. So if you ask me we're getting an announcement next Monday.

I wasn't sure of scales but arenas makes sense given their last big UK run went for the stadium end. But we shall see in due course.

Avril Lavigne just announced for Cardiff Castle and Castlefield Bowl, beginning of July. Given the Chicks did similar last year before being announced for the Springsteen days, could we see her as someone's support?

Just seems odd to be here around that time with no London date, but then again Queens of the Stone Age did that this year with their Cardiff/Margate/Halifax shows. Then, of course, that would beg the question of who on earth she'd be subbing. 

2 hours ago, c82588 said:

Avril Lavigne just announced for Cardiff Castle and Castlefield Bowl, beginning of July. Given the Chicks did similar last year before being announced for the Springsteen days, could we see her as someone's support?

Just seems odd to be here around that time with no London date, but then again Queens of the Stone Age did that this year with their Cardiff/Margate/Halifax shows. Then, of course, that would beg the question of who on earth she'd be subbing. 

Madonna?

3 hours ago, c82588 said:

AC/DC?

4 hours ago, c82588 said:

Paramore?