Most likely headliners for 2024.. The poll!

Gashead86

Most likely headliners for 2024.. The poll!   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Bit of fun really at this point of course as all conjecture until we at least get the early confirmation from Emily.. But who are people expecting to see topping the bill next summer?

• Foo Fighters
    • Dua Lipa
    • Blur
    • Pulp
    • Spice Girls
    • Madonna
    • Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • ACDC
    • Sam Fender
    • Coldplay
    • Harry Styles
    • Other - If so, who?

Just now, foolsgold1981 said:

Apologies if I've missed anything (on holiday now) but is there a reason why Taylor Swift seems to be low on the probability list?

Those tour dates looked nailed on...

Nailed on, as in she's playing a stadium on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival.

Aka it's nailed on that she's not playing this year.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Nailed on, as in she's playing a stadium on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival.

Aka it's nailed on that she's not playing this year.

Ah, thank you! I don't think I'd noticed the new tour dates - the initial announcement seemed to have a huge G-Gap. Clearly I've been out of the loop being away so sorry for the daft error!

Really should have got registered for her pre-sale then!

Edited by foolsgold1981

2 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Based on poll at present lineup looking a little something like this.. 

Dua Lipa 
Madonna 

If proves to be correct, would be my first ever Glasto not watching a single headliner. 

These are the 3 I voted for and I think would be a great selection for the festival. Madonna would get a huge crowd. Dua Lipa just gets bigger and bigger - plus it would be great for Emily to have 2/3 female headliners. The 1975 were apparently booked previously during covid and haven't really gotten any smaller. Just need to try and stop Matty giving any more interviews between now and then. I do think all 3 headliners would smash it out of the park too.

I would be there for Dua Lipa and The 1975, would see what clashed with Madonna. I suspect if she does play they'll have some big acts on other stages to compete like they did with Elton John.

2 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Based on poll at present lineup looking a little something like this.. 

Dua Lipa 
Madonna 

If proves to be correct, would be my first ever Glasto not watching a single headliner. 

Non of these are "must see".

1975 - no way

Dua Lipa - maybe, depends on who else is on
Madonna - could be okay for a laugh, depends on who else is on

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

These are the 3 I voted for and I think would be a great selection for the festival. Madonna would get a huge crowd. Dua Lipa just gets bigger and bigger - plus it would be great for Emily to have 2/3 female headliners. The 1975 were apparently booked previously during covid and haven't really gotten any smaller. Just need to try and stop Matty giving any more interviews between now and then. I do think all 3 headliners would smash it out of the park too.

I would be there for Dua Lipa and The 1975, would see what clashed with Madonna. I suspect if she does play they'll have some big acts on other stages to compete like they did with Elton John.

Agree that all three make sense, guess just personal preference would see me elsewhere. However, as we all know, Glasto is about far more than the pyramid stage! So I have no issue what so ever with spending my evening in Woodsie or at other. 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Non of these are "must see".

1975 - no way

Dua Lipa - maybe, depends on who else is on
Madonna - could be okay for a laugh, depends on who else is on

Madonna would be the only one who might tempt me... Would depend who else is on as you say. 

Would imagine she would draw a huge crowd so if she did play they would likely want at least one other pretty big name on other / woodsie to try and tempt crowds away as they did this year with Elton. 

Would absolutely love Depeche Mode to do it- they're fantastic live, I think they would go down a storm. Possible 'reasons' they haven't yet though? Can't see Madonna doing it sadly. Rihanna or Dua would be great, yes please. I have zero interest in the 1975. Dave, DM and Rihanna/Dua would be a great mix I reckon. 

7 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

As I have said, was a very sweeping generalisation and of course there are plenty of exceptions. I am not sure how else to word the sort of general glastonbury goer I am talking about. Let's call it a rock fan instead if that is more palatable. 

I'm 27 but probably fit best in the group you're talking about. I don't think we're as big as you think, but regardless I'd much rather a Foals or QOTSA headline set on Other to the dinosaurs we seem to have to settle for to get a rock band on the Pyramid, which inevitably means not a lot good on the alternative stages. More pop stars and rappers please.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Appreciate there is already a very large thread on this subject... But it seems to have turned into more of a discussion as to the merits of certain artists as opposed to who people think are most likely... So, with that in mind, who do people think we will see headline next summer? 

Please only pick three and if you pick 'other' please comment below so we can start to get a feel for who the favourites are at this stage...

Until you add The KLF I’m not voting. They’re nailed on next year. 

Foos, Blur & Madonna, I haven't been following the rumours though

Can't see DM drawing that much of a crowd nowadays at glasto, for a pyramid headliner anyway, though they are good live, would depend on weaker headliners on other stages I guess

Edited by lukemack