7 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

It doesn´t seem like Friday tickets are selling out fast after all. Werchter announced last call for Friday tickets 2 weeks ago but they are still selling them. 

That's strange... I was quite sure that the most popular band on Spotify or whatever it was, would be an immediate sell out. Go figure....

• Upvote 1

Official: no TW Classic in 2024. They just made an official statement. Seems they didn't find a solution to book the headliner they wanted at a good date : "Either the potential headliners have changed their tourdates, either any good dates were available." They also speak about the many works on the streets in the area which have the consequence it was not possible to make a festival happen before June 15th.

Any infos about who was supposed to headline the festival this year @Ken19?

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Official: no TW Classic in 2024. They just made an official statement. Seems they didn't find a solution to book the headliner they wanted at a good date : "Either the potential headliners have changed their tourdates, either any good dates were available." They also speak about the many works on the streets in the area which have the consequence it was not possible to make a festival happen before June 15th.

Any infos about who was supposed to headline the festival this year @Ken19?

Stevie Wonder was supposed to play Glastonbury and BST and he won't in the end. I'd say that

With the provisional announcement of the line up for Glasto I have to say we have many of their best names. With the added fact that Werchter is more accessible to get to different stages. With this I am very pleased with the job our Werchter bookers have done. Sure we all have our gripes about who is not on the lineup but does the 'ultimate' festival have them?

Edited by Scarnic
Typo
  • Upvote 3

On 3/14/2024 at 1:52 PM, Scarnic said:

With the provisional announcement of the line up for Glasto I have to say we have many of their best names. With the added fact that Werchter is more accessible to get to different stages. With this I am very pleased with the job our Werchter bookers have done. Sure we all have our gripes about who is not on the lineup but does the 'ultimate' festival have them?

And also it seems there won't be crazy clashes as in Glastonbury. I'm seriously thinking if to get a refund from my Glastonbury tickets and buy the tickets to RW... I really don't know what to do 😞

On 3/14/2024 at 1:52 PM, Scarnic said:

I have to say we have many of their best names. 

But no LCD Soundsystem and The National - my favorite names across both lineups. 

Also would've loved seeing Fontaines DC and Little Simz at Werchter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

But no LCD Soundsystem and The National - my favorite names across both lineups. 

Also would've loved seeing Fontaines DC and Little Simz at Werchter. 

I agree! I also miss Alvvays, Bloc Party, Blondshell Two Door Cinema club and (dare I say), Coldplay. 

Hi all, really considering RW as a festival this summer. Been to Glasto 10 times and other UK festivals. Just interested in anybody’s view of Rock Werchter, good and bad before I take the plunge? Would be travelling via Leshuttle in a campervan. Have heard that sometimes you can’t get into smaller tents/stages unless you turn up early and queue for a while. Also that it’s very crowded. If you’ve been, just looking for any recommendations please

13 minutes ago, indietrax01 said:

Hi all, really considering RW as a festival this summer. Been to Glasto 10 times and other UK festivals. Just interested in anybody’s view of Rock Werchter, good and bad before I take the plunge? Would be travelling via Leshuttle in a campervan. Have heard that sometimes you can’t get into smaller tents/stages unless you turn up early and queue for a while. Also that it’s very crowded. If you’ve been, just looking for any recommendations please

Never been to Glasto so can only compare with what I see and hear but I have been to RW from Yorkshire 6 times in the last 10 years. 

Never seen any trouble, toilets that are cleaned and flush, better chance at seeing UK bands ( less popular in Belgium) from the front of the crowd, front of the main stage section that is available for a short wait for nearly every band.

Le shuttle would be fine, 2 hours drive, but i think motorhome slots are sold out on site so you would have to book one 1km away.

They close the tents (see 17k and 12k capacity) if full but if you are there when the last band finishes you have a reasonable chance at getting in. If not, there big crowds at the massive screens outside joining in.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scarnic said:

Never been to Glasto so can only compare with what I see and hear but I have been to RW from Yorkshire 6 times in the last 10 years. 

Never seen any trouble, toilets that are cleaned and flush, better chance at seeing UK bands ( less popular in Belgium) from the front of the crowd, front of the main stage section that is available for a short wait for nearly every band.

Le shuttle would be fine, 2 hours drive, but i think motorhome slots are sold out on site so you would have to book one 1km away.

They close the tents (see 17k and 12k capacity) if full but if you are there when the last band finishes you have a reasonable chance at getting in. If not, there big crowds at the massive screens outside joining in.

Thanks, you helped tip the balance. Managed to get a mobile home slot too. Can’t wait! First non UK festival.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IBCanon said:

When will they release the schedules to see the clashes...?

Hopefully soon. Tickets are selling good (I guess for the combi) so we could have it in the next weeks. Sometimes, they release it with the full line-up but not this time. Until then, you can have a look on this clashfinder that should be near to the real one: https://clashfinder.com/m/werchter2024/?user=13gifp.ni

On 3/17/2024 at 1:38 PM, Archi said:

Hopefully soon. Tickets are selling good (I guess for the combi) so we could have it in the next weeks. Sometimes, they release it with the full line-up but not this time. Until then, you can have a look on this clashfinder that should be near to the real one: https://clashfinder.com/m/werchter2024/?user=13gifp.ni

If that wasn't so close after Glastonbury I'd definitely looks to attend, Sunday is sparse though.

Hozier just announce a show in Brussels (Forest National - 8k capacity). I'm surprised he's not at Rock Werchter on this schedule but maybe he was supposed to play as support at the TW Classic/Werchter Boutique cancelled.

So, the limited extra tickets for Friday. We're the sell out a PR-trick or do they try to squeeze even more sheep into a barn? Will be interesting to see if they have made any adjustments to the tents after last years disaster and bad PR....

17 hours ago, tmolvik said:

So, the limited extra tickets for Friday. We're the sell out a PR-trick or do they try to squeeze even more sheep into a barn? Will be interesting to see if they have made any adjustments to the tents after last years disaster and bad PR....

Fingers crossed they can operate a one out, one in system without too much fuss. Must've been empty halfway through Editors given the exodus we saw as we sat outside!

5 hours ago, Archi said:

Timetable online.

That's definitely not solving any of last years issues, so I hope they have something else up their sleves. Would be interesting to know the thinking behind the setup, when it comes to the floe between scenes and creating a maximum audience for their artists as it puzzles me every time. 

Anyway.. Thursday and Friday filled with clashes, while there a giant holes on Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed for cancellations and new interesting bands in 😉

• Like 1