36 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

The question (and concern) is: If they have them, why didn't they announce them today already? I really hope it's just bad marketing technics (they were never really good at it anyway).

Yes, let´s hope so. They really screwed up if they missed all of these. 

In 2022, Sum 41 were the second band on the Main Stage on the Sunday. They had to play at Main Square on that day too where they sub for Twenty One Pilots. They changed last-minute and finished to open the Main Stage at noon on Friday instead. This time, with a bigger success and the farewell tour, they'll play higher for sure. I hope both Deus and Snow Patrol will play on the Barn. About Sunday, I can imagine Royal Blood pushed as sub but only because it's Foo Fighters behind them. Their last arena show in Antwerp wasn't soldout at all (in a 8k capacity), don't think they gain so much success in 2 years and there were some bad buzz about them a few months ago. But in 2017, Alt-J were sub for the Foo's and their shows at that time didn't get more success than Royal Blood, even if the hype was a bit higher if I remember right. And about Avril Lavigne, it would need really a strong co-headline with Dua Lipa to have her third imo.

Thursday: TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Friday: Maneskin - TBA - Yungblud - Sum 41 - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Saturday: Dua Lipa - TBA - Avril Lavigne - Nothing But Thieves - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Sunday: Foo Fighters - Royal Blood - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA.

26 minutes ago, Archi said:

In 2022, Sum 41 were the second band on the Main Stage on the Sunday. They had to play at Main Square on that day too where they sub for Twenty One Pilots. They changed last-minute and finished to open the Main Stage at noon on Friday instead. This time, with a bigger success and the farewell tour, they'll play higher for sure. I hope both Deus and Snow Patrol will play on the Barn. About Sunday, I can imagine Royal Blood pushed as sub but only because it's Foo Fighters behind them. Their last arena show in Antwerp wasn't soldout at all (in a 8k capacity), don't think they gain so much success in 2 years and there were some bad buzz about them a few months ago. But in 2017, Alt-J were sub for the Foo's and their shows at that time didn't get more success than Royal Blood, even if the hype was a bit higher if I remember right. And about Avril Lavigne, it would need really a strong co-headline with Dua Lipa to have her third imo.

Thursday: TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Friday: Maneskin - TBA - Yungblud - Sum 41 - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Saturday: Dua Lipa - TBA - Avril Lavigne - Nothing But Thieves - TBA - TBA - TBA.
Sunday: Foo Fighters - Royal Blood - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA - TBA.

I think Royal Blood will be co headliner(sub headliner) and it's the reason why there will be no indoor gig in Europe (apart Paris) for this Era. 

Their last album is really great (good melody, riff, vocals, intensity) and eclectic. 

A bit surprise NBT are not co headliner. Their gig in Antwerp sold out really quiclky. 

13 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

I think Royal Blood will be co headliner(sub headliner) and it's the reason why there will be no indoor gig in Europe (apart Paris) for this Era. 

Their last album is really great (good melody, riff, vocals, intensity) and eclectic. 

A bit surprise NBT are not co headliner. Their gig in Antwerp sold out really quiclky. 

Royal Blood have peaked some years ago, that last album didn't do much and last time (one edition ago) they played third down...

57 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

NBT played pretty far down last time. Around 2pm in the afternoon. Don´t know if they gained in popularity in Belgium though. 

14 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

NBT played pretty far down last time. Around 2pm in the afternoon. Don´t know if they gained in popularity in Belgium though. 

They sold out Lotto Arena in a few days. I think they even may have sold out sportpaleis. They sold out 2 Ziggo in Amsterdam. 

I don't understand why Royal Blood didn't get more recognition. Really good band in live and really good songwriting. And there is more variety in their last album (Waves is so a beautiful song). 

Edited by P.bintein

15 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Massive Attack are in my RW wishlist every year. I find it strange that they haven't been there for 20 years.

I hope this will change in '24.

They were in my Mad Cool wishlist, until they made us stand around till 4:30am before they cancelled the show. From backstage. With a full tent of fans. Now I'm never getting excited about them again.

12 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Apologies for the double post but a single act there for the Thursday yet according to the press release

It's time for a round of new names for Rock Werchter. Previously announced were headline acts Foo Fighters, Dua Lipa and Måneskin. The list of new arrivals for the upcoming edition is as captivating as it is varied. dEUS, Snow Patrol, Yungblud and Sum 41 are coming to Werchter on Friday 5 July. Saturday 6 July will feature newcomers like The Last Dinner Party, Róisín Murphy, Nothing But Thieves, Avril Lavigne and Khruangbin. Michael Kiwanuka and Royal Blood will play the festival on Sunday 7 July. More names will be revealed soon.

We can glean that Thursday will just be a Grateful Dead cover band jamming for 12 hours on one stage and 311 playing back to back 41 song sets on the other. 

It's gonna be Pearl Jam, the question is who is playing ahead of them? The Smile into Pearl Jam? Who knows.

LCD Soundsystem now playing

Down the Rabbit Hole on Friday 5.

Beauregard on Saturday 6

Looks more and more unlikely unless they're subbing Pearl Jam on Thursday. Still don't see them playing the Barn. But in any case they would need to play 3 days in a row.

They're playing Live is Live in my opinion.

Edited by VCF

God, that Sum 41 gig was so much fun. What a great time for such an early time. 

17 minutes ago, VCF said:

LCD Soundsystem now playing

Down the Rabbit Hole on Friday 5.

Beauregard on Saturday 6

Looks more and more unlikely unless they're subbing Pearl Jam on Thursday. Still don't see them playing the Barn. But in any case they would need to play 3 days in a row.

They're playing Live is Live in my opinion.

Seen that. Dammit to that anyway

2 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Pfffff....And another one, same dates as RW:

image.thumb.png.4a9dadb9bdd227f9052febc6037f9070.png

Is this not potential cause for optimism re LCD? Not that far to go between Normandy and Leuven, 5 hour drive according to Google maps. Would love to see them on before Foos. Far too many good bands in the area and Werchter is far too expensive for them not to turn out a great line up*

*still plenty of names left to announce of course.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Is this not potential cause for optimism re LCD? Not that far to go between Normandy and Leuven, 5 hour drive according to Google maps. Would love to see them on before Foos. Far too many good bands in the area and Werchter is far too expensive for them not to turn out a great line up*

*still plenty of names left to announce of course.

They are also at DTRH on the same weekend. I don't know if they are ok with playing 3 days in a row. Plus, they'll have to accept a non-headlining spot in order to be at RW.