Just seen Greta Van Fleet have been announced as headlining a festival in Norway the week before. Looking at that festival, they could definitely be a top line band at Graspop, but given that they played Werchter in 2019 and had to cancel in 2022 I wouldn’t be surprised to see them here again. 

I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but they work for me

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

image.thumb.png.1552b99a6eaeb75af948ee8e4d29b555.png

Not sure what this means for RW but I'm not gonna risk it. I'm buying tickets to see them as soon as they are out. Same as I have done for Depeche Mode. 

I think this makes them more unlikely for RW. Maybe they could play PKP being announced in March-April.

12 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I think this makes them more unlikely for RW. Maybe they could play PKP being announced in March-April.

You may be right but I really hope you are not! 🙂

Unless they are not around or not touring at that time I cannot think of a single good reason why RW would pass on such an opportunity again.

Edited by Floyd_Ams

17 hours ago, Gossard said:

I went on spotify and I did not recognize even one Dua Lipa song....this probably means that I'm very old😆

Did you listen to the entire songs? I can't imagine not recognizing "Don't Start Now" or "Levitating", they've been all over popular advertising and social media. If you installed TikTok anything for about two years you knew these songs instantly. 😆

As I recommended earlier in the thread, her episode of "Song Exploder" on Netflix is excellent. The Killers also have one, that's very funny because they clearly film the band members in different time/location, only the singer and drummer from The Killers remain with the band.

Also, Dua had the main song from the Barbie movie, which... You know, a lot of people saw. She was in the movie, too. She's huge currently and a very good addition to the lineup, I think she played before Nine Inch Nails at Mad Cool and didn't feel out of place at all around all those rock bands.

4 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Are they bigger than I’m thinking? Just don’t scream headliner to me. Not to the same extent as global superstars like Foo Fighters or Dua Lipa. 

Biggest band in the world right now according to Spotify:

image.thumb.png.33648f219e73fcdb49066238981cb246.png

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6wLDSDxUkBO?si=hfKnHb2ER5-1tZ9mRJQlKA

I must just be out of touch. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

8 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Are they bigger than I’m thinking? Just don’t scream headliner to me. Not to the same extent as global superstars like Foo Fighters or Dua Lipa. 

Yeah, I think there’s got to be another big name on that day surely? Then again they are headlining RaR, Nova Rock already. I’ve got faith they won’t be headlining that day alone though…

Didn't expect them to headline Werchter... On their last arena tour, they played twice in Brussels selling very quickly 16k tickets and it was almost Mission Impossible to get tickets on TicketSwap. They could have sold bigger arenas in Belgium. But to imagine them headling RW... I guess we gonna have a real co-headline that day like Imagine Dragons + Twenty One Pilots in 2022.

08.11 Foo Fighters for Sunday
13.11 Dua Lipa for Saturday
15.11 Maneskin for Friday
??.11 ?? for Thursday

Hopefully we gonna have the Thursday headliner (or Friday co-headliner) soon enough.