I don’t think there is any chance for a RHCP hat trick but if that were the case I’m probably the only one here that wouldn’t cry over it (especially considering most of the names I hear lately). And to be very honest if the alternative is someone like Ed Sheeran, bring me RHCP again and again and again…

If I had to pick one returning big name from last year though, that would be QOTSA.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

As with Arcade Fire, Brandon Flowers wasn't exactly thrilled by the audience last year, but I doubt it means much. They play where their agents tell them to play.

He was so annoyed by the amount of people camping for RHCP... and when they brought a guy to play the drums in a RHCP shirt I couldn't stop laughing 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

He was so annoyed by the amount of people camping for RHCP... and when they brought a guy to play the drums in a RHCP shirt I couldn't stop laughing 

Tbf I like Chili Peppers and Killers so if I wasn't a cheapskate or reluctant to travel in '22 I'd have liked to have done that.

In saying that, such a moment does sound hilarious.

With Foo Fighters playing Roskilde on the 5th and Ed Sheeran playing Stavern in Norway on the 4th, I highly doubt that we'll be seeing both as headliners, as the Sunday now seems like the only viable day for both. Ed could maybe be playing Saturday, but Norway to Belgium in 2 days doesn't seem like a very efficient tour logistic. I rather expect to see him at Roskilde or headlining another Scandinavian festival.

14 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

With Foo Fighters playing Roskilde on the 5th and Ed Sheeran playing Stavern in Norway on the 4th, I highly doubt that we'll be seeing both as headliners, as the Sunday now seems like the only viable day for both. Ed could maybe be playing Saturday, but Norway to Belgium in 2 days doesn't seem like a very efficient tour logistic. I rather expect to see him at Roskilde or headlining another Scandinavian festival.

From Stavern to Werchter, it's like 15h road including the ferry. If his trucks leave Norway in the night of 4-5, they can arrive late on the 5th. So it's doable. Ed Sheeran on the Friday 5th and Foo Fighters on July 7th.

With Dua Lipa being almost confirmed for Glastonbury and her new single coming up this Friday, I'm wondering if we can expect her to headline RW... I hope so.

10 hours ago, strudd3rs said:

Huh, that’s odd. Seems like one of the the easiest ways they could make money.

Thanks for the reply 😊

I realised this after 2017 and ended up making my own for 2018 😂 felt bad wearing it in the end because I had 4 people come up and ask which stall it was at. 

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

And to be very honest if the alternative is someone like Ed Sheeran, bring me RHCP again and again and again…

You and me both mate 

13 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I realised this after 2017 and ended up making my own for 2018 😂 felt bad wearing it in the end because I had 4 people come up and ask which stall it was at. 

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

Blimey, instead of trying to stretch themselves so thin to sell as many tickets as possible, they should just sell your Ts if they’re that desperate for the money. Brilliant that mate

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 49Lawson said:

You and me both mate 

Blimey, instead of trying to stretch themselves so thin to sell as many tickets as possible, they should just sell your Ts if they’re that desperate for the money. Brilliant that mate

😂😂 cheers! 

was just about to edit the reply and say to @strudd3rs I’d be happy to put the images together for a certain year if anyone wants them? I actually quite enjoy it 😂 if I emailed you the PNG images all you’d need to do is load them into TShirt Studio after because they’d have a transparent background. Would probably be half of what RW would charge anyway! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Archi said:

From Stavern to Werchter, it's like 15h road including the ferry. If his trucks leave Norway in the night of 4-5, they can arrive late on the 5th. So it's doable. Ed Sheeran on the Friday 5th and Foo Fighters on July 7th.

With Dua Lipa being almost confirmed for Glastonbury and her new single coming up this Friday, I'm wondering if we can expect her to headline RW... I hope so.

It's absolutely doable, it just seems strange to head in that direction if the only gig you're doing is a (minor) Norwegian festival. 

3 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Foos tend to travel with two teams, and Ed won't have a big set up to move surely?

8 hours ago, AAlex said:

😂😂 cheers! 

was just about to edit the reply and say to @strudd3rs I’d be happy to put the images together for a certain year if anyone wants them? I actually quite enjoy it 😂 if I emailed you the PNG images all you’d need to do is load them into TShirt Studio after because they’d have a transparent background. Would probably be half of what RW would charge anyway! 

That would be great mate! Gonna have a look at the years I went and get back to you 👍

10 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Completely expected but good to have such a great band officially locked in. Are we expecting announcements each Wednesday for the next few weeks now?

It has become a lot more varied the last few years but Fridays at 4pm CET used to be the time when RW would release most names.

Since ticket sales start on Dec 1st, I’d expect a few more announcements by then and maybe announcing PJ on that Friday together with the start of sales.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

That would be great mate! Gonna have a look at the years I went and get back to you 👍

Yeah, feel free! The lower bands were more visible than that photo, I just can't seem to actually find the shirt so had to look it up on My Orders 😂

59 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

It has become a lot more varied the last few years but Fridays at 4pm CET used to be the time when RW would release most names.

Since ticket sales start on Dec 1st, I’d expect a few more announcements by then and maybe announcing PJ on that Friday together with the start of sales.

Indeed but with this first announcement on Wednesday 8am, they maybe gonna change their habits for this edition. All the announcements from Foo Fighters have been a bit random, so decided by the festivals.

8 Nov: Foo Fighters
15 Nov: Headliner 2
22 Nov: Headliner 3
29 Nov: Pearl Jam
1 Dec: Tickets sales

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Indeed but with this first announcement on Wednesday 8am, they maybe gonna change their habits for this edition. All the announcements from Foo Fighters have been a bit random, so decided by the festivals.

8 Nov: Foo Fighters
15 Nov: Headliner 2
22 Nov: Headliner 3
29 Nov: Pearl Jam
1 Dec: Tickets sales

That would work. But I think they will also throw a few groups of (non-headlining) names before ticket sales start and we might not know all the headliners by then. Usually it's the undercard that gets me most excited so I'm really looking forward to those announcements. 

Regardless of how they do it I'm already happy that the process has started!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

PJ Harvey and Pulp announced for Way out West so I guess they are in the mix too. 

They are both very welcome! I give more chances for PJ Harvey to appear this year. She would be a great Barn closer, I think. 

And imo Pulp would be a great choice for a sub for either Foos or Pearl Jam (or any other headliner really) but I'm not sure if they are considered popular enough in BE for that.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

PJ Harvey and Pulp announced for Way out West so I guess they are in the mix too. 

I've only seen Pulp once, but it was a programming coup at Coachella, they booked Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Thom Yorke, and Gorillaz I think, what a great day for fans of English music.

• Like 1