Best glamping for next year. Advice needed please.

angelin

I will try to be brief. This year was a no brainer due to my treatment. Next year who knows whether I will be fitter or worse. Hence WV is out  and Styclch  seems to be so far out. We did Lovefields but £1500 for a very basic tent but location couldnt be beaten. I wouldnt call it glamping though unless ypu had £10 grand spare. The other option there is to pitch ones own for £750 does anyone know if they could get a 4/6 man in there, how strict are they at measuring? Do you still have to pay for each person? Is there an easy tent that size to put up that wont cost the earth? How does those people get camping between the Pyramid and other stage is it an horrendous price? We wont discuss the pop up hotel😃

the other option is access camping pre erected but I beleive its far out as well? We do get the short cuts pass.

i kniw we havent got the tickets yet but financially we are looking at the options. 

thank you.

28 minutes ago, angelin said:

I will try to be brief. This year was a no brainer due to my treatment. Next year who knows whether I will be fitter or worse. Hence WV is out  and Styclch  seems to be so far out. We did Lovefields but £1500 for a very basic tent but location couldnt be beaten. I wouldnt call it glamping though unless ypu had £10 grand spare. The other option there is to pitch ones own for £750 does anyone know if they could get a 4/6 man in there, how strict are they at measuring? Do you still have to pay for each person? Is there an easy tent that size to put up that wont cost the earth? How does those people get camping between the Pyramid and other stage is it an horrendous price? We wont discuss the pop up hotel😃

the other option is access camping pre erected but I beleive its far out as well? We do get the short cuts pass.

i kniw we havent got the tickets yet but financially we are looking at the options. 

thank you.

We got the

• Vango Casa Lux 7 man tent
  • Vango ICarus 500 DLX 5 man tent
  • 3m x 3m Heavy Duty Gorilla Gazebo

All of which fitted on our two pitches on love fields... Had wayyy too much space. But the gazebo turned out to be invaluable shade give the sun. And since you can park at your pitch, why not bring a few niceties? 

Here's some photos of our pitch, and the inside living space of the big tent, no photos of the bedrooms in the tent I'm afraid, but they were huge... (one of the last two pictures shows a bit of one of the 3 bedrooms, had two self inflating mats in there with room between.) 

IMG_0910.jpg.05956280f7b20184bd57f06fcfb12259.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg.5cb3ec59b2bfa6c8b362a5bae1c81bef.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg.ff09dff565a9cf509b5250f6a8ac2cb9.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg.e1c417db5ec22c4c1619d13ff79c3fcc.jpg

47 minutes ago, angelin said:

thank you.

Accessibility camping is by Woodsies.  Not really that far out, especially when compared to the off site options.

We stayed at Lovefields pitch your own for the first time this year after 6 x festivals camping inside the fence at kidney mead previously. 

It's expensive at £750 for two people and to be clear, you are really only only paying for the convenience of having your car 6ft from your tent and the location of being only a 5 minute walk from PGC. Yes, the showers were nice but the bar,  small stage and food stalls were of no interest to us. 

We will use it again because the absolute stress free set up and arrival, coupled with the lack of physical toll on the bodies are now a needs must for us and made the whole festival much more manageable and enjoyable. We have a berghaus 4.1 xl and was ever so slightly too long for the pitch but no one cares. The pitches are a very generous size tbh and some people had some huge tents. 

The bell tents and other pre erected options looked poor value for money tbh and not as nice as most of the pitch your own set ups. 

2 hours ago, angelin said:

How much did you pay for all of that and I wonder if anyone would help to Put it up with us?

£1500 I think for 2 pitches... way too much, but between so many of us not too bad... Similar price to a single tipi on site, but a LOT more space, easier walk to the Pyramid and other smaller stages (as you highlight below) and much, much better facilities than the tipi field (in the words of the tipi field veterans we went stayed with.)  And of course, drive up pitches!!!

2 hours ago, angelin said:

Love Fields Is practically behind the acoustic though 

The location is great, I counted about 40 steps from the love field entrance to the gate, and with Gate C, once you're through the gate, you're in the thick of it! However, for the pitches we were on, there was a 5 minute walk from the love field gate to our pitch, up a gentle slope, not really worth mentioning, but thought I should anyway. We were at the back, so also benefitted from tree / hedge shade early morning until about 7-8am, thankfully. 

2 hours ago, neil_clarky said:

what were the showers like at Love Fields?

Best showers I've seen... Much better than Sticklinch. Individual showers, each with their own private changing room in front. 40 showers in total I think, and the queue was never more than 30 people long at peak times, so you're essentially never waiting longer than you'd wait for your missus to shower at home, haha. 

Toilets were fantastic too, posh flushing ones that is. The blokes were a little short of cubicles for everybody's morning poo, so there were queues in the morning, however they also had blocks of compost loos all over the place, that were really nice, I'd suggest using these for your morning poo, as no queues, and perfectly clean and fresh. 

Edited by Alvoram

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

....however they also had blocks of compost loos all over the place, that were really nice, I'd suggest using these for your morning poo, as no queues, and perfectly clean and fresh. 

Second this.... used the compost toilets all week. They were great and never ever a queue. 30 second walk from our tent at most. 

Most I queued for a shower was 5 minutes maybe at the very most. Only complaint was I couldn't get it to run cold which I was desperate for in that heat! Ha.

Just now, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Second this.... used the compost toilets all week. They were great and never ever a queue. 30 second walk from our tent at most. 

Most I queued for a shower was 5 minutes maybe at the very most. Only complaint was I couldn't get it to run cold which I was desperate for in that heat! Ha.

That's a good point, the temperature of the showers was not hot or cool, it was warm, but there was no way to adjust it if you wanted a cold refreshing one, or a red hot one (as I often do in the heat to open up my pores and make me feel fresher and cooler when I get out.) It was simply on or off, and overhead only, so maybe take a cup or loather for hard to reach parts... 😉 

4 hours ago, angelin said:

thank you.

"...pitch one's own".

Lolllllll

Is this a pisstake? 

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

"...pitch one's own".

Lolllllll

Is this a pisstake? 

Not a native English speaker was my guess, given some of the other sentence construction... "How does those people" 

To be fair though, there are plenty of good, honest, working people who still have a good grasp of 'the Queen's (or is it King's now) English.' 

4 hours ago, amfy said:

Can you take your own caravan to Lovefields and, if so, does anyone know about how much it would be?

Bout the same as a tent, we were on the very same pitches. Extra for a hook up or bigger pitch. 

• Upvote 1

We stayed at the Tangerine campsite this year.  We did it last year after about 20 years of pitching our own tent in family camping at Cockmill.  It’s not cheap £1300 for an 8 man tent but having your car parked so close to tents was a god send.  Also not stuck in a queue for hours before going into the Festival was a big bonus.  

On-site tipis are great but if you want accessibility then it’s not the one - you’re still going to have to get your stuff all the way up to the village, and it’s a very long walk from Al of the ped gates unless you’re travelling super light.