2024 Stage Predictions

1 hour ago, Joey Peeps said:

Friday

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Jonas Brothers, Nelly Furtado, Anne Marie, Tom Grennan, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Sister Sledge

Other: Chemical Brothers, Kano, The Libertines, Simple Minds, Courteeners, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Corrine Bailey Rae, The Orielles

W Holts: FKA Twigs, Sampha, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Ibibio Sound Machine, Dennis Bovell, Black Pumas, Thee Sacred Souls, Average White Band

Woodsies: Suede, Fatboy Slim, Arlo Parks, Say She She, Alvvays, Snail Mail, Soft Play, Bar Italia.

Park: The Smile, Orbital, Dinosaur Jr., Obonjayar, Mitski, The Last Dinner Party, Blonde Redhead, Parcels

Saturday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, Keane, Garbage, Jessie Ware, Mika, Gabrielle, Frank Turner

Other: The National, The Streets, Wet Leg, Charli XCX, Everything Everything, Blossoms, Squid, Tom Odell

W Holts: Chaka Khan, DJ Shadow, BadBadNotGood, Eve, Nitin Sawhney, Steel Pulse, Jalen Ngonda, Cymande

Woodsies: Justice, PJ Harvey, Gaz Combes, CMAT, This is the Kit, Declan McKenna, Bob Vylan, Coach Party

Park: Underworld, Jungle, Belle and Sebastian, Johnny Marr, Sleater Kinney, Arab Strap, Amyl and the Sniffers, Sofia Kourtesis

Sunday

Pyramid: Madonna, Pulp, Elbow, Stevie Nicks, Avril Lavigne, Sugababes, Paloma Faith, Fatamouta Diawara

Other: The Prodigy, Idles, Burna Boy, Bombay Bicycle Club, Courtney Barnett, The Vaccines, Bleachers, Biig Piig

W Holts: LCD Soundystem, Denzel Curry, En Vogue, Laura Mvula, Ishamael Enseble, Baaba Maal, Yussef Dayes, The Skatalites

Woodsies: Bring Me the Horizon, Air, Yard Act, Frank Carter and the Rattle Snakes, Nadine Shah, Steve Mason, English Teacher, Sprints.

Park:  Bonobo, Floating Points, Pavement, Future Islands, Richard Hawley, Devendra Banhart, Camera Obscura, The Lovely Eggs

Needs more Nu Genea 🤓

Simple Minds is a great shout, but think they'd either have a low Pyramid slot or open the Other on the Friday. Either way, give 'em an hour:

Waterfront
Glittering Prize
Love Song
Let There Be Love
Promised You a Miracle
See the Lights
Someone Somewhere in Summertime
All the Things She Said
Dolphins
10 Don't You (Forget About Me)
11 Alive and Kicking
12 Sanctify Yourself

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Simple Minds is a great shout, but think they'd either have a low Pyramid slot or open the Other on the Friday. Either way, give 'em an hour:

Waterfront
Glittering Prize
Love Song
Let There Be Love
Promised You a Miracle
See the Lights
Someone Somewhere in Summertime
All the Things She Said
Dolphins
10 Don't You (Forget About Me)
11 Alive and Kicking
12 Sanctify Yourself

Realistically they're never opening the Other. If they played it'd be no lower / probably about the same as Texas this year.

Also, while it's hilariously overblown and rightly gets ridiculed for it, they'd have to play Belfast Child surely?

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I know we talk about them being small at Glastonbury historically, but sticking BMTH atop Woodsies after selling out Download is a bit of a stretch.

But a lot I like on there. Jonas Brothers, as a shout, is a rogue one.

Yeah you're maybe right. I just find it hard to place them at Glastonbury. I may have also ran out of slots!

11 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Definitely a long shot but Deafheaven said they’d be touring Europe next year for their next album in 2024. They’d be unbelievable on the Earache stage at 2am

I’d love that. Probably unlikely as they’re a little niche, but we do seem to be getting a couple of heavy acts each year so who knows. After Gojira did it anything’s possible. 

On 11/21/2023 at 7:02 PM, drakeyyy said:

Friday

Pyramid:   Dua Lipa Sam Smith X (Green Day Secret Set) Nelly Furtado Johnny Marr Sam Ryder The Human League  
Other   The Prodigy J Hus Tom Odell Pinkpantheress Holly Humberstone Ren Skindred Franz Ferdinand
West Holts Kali Uchis Asake Sister Sledge Knucks Sons of Kemet JME Badbadnotgood Nu Guena
Park   The Smile Sharon Van Etten Alvvays Beth Gibbons Romy Sylvan Esso Sorry Pip Blom
Woodsies Robyn Soulwax Soccer Mommy Yard Act Black Pumas Lancey Fouxx Bob Vylan Bar Italia

Saturday

Pyramid   Coldplay Doja Cat Barry Manilow Idles Mabel James Blunt Youssou N'Dour  
Other   SZA Disclosure DMA's Confidence Man The Chats Squid Olivia Dean Lizzie McAlpine
West Holts Justice Sampha Gabrielle Lankum Tiwa Savage Genesis Owusu Jalen Ngonda I.JORDAN
Park   PJ Harvey Deftones Alison Goldfrapp 100 Gecs This is the Kit SOFT PLAY Bes Atwell Prima Queen
Woodsies Fontaines DC Mimi Webb X (Pendulum Secret Set) Ashnikko Camera Obscura K-Trap New Dad Cola

Sunday

Pyramid   Madonna Pulp Jorja Smith Stevie Nicks Bombay Bicycle Club Keane West End Musical Choir  
Other   The National Paloma Faith The Offspring Anne-Marie Kim Petras Beabadoobee girlinred CMAT
West Holts Kano Overmono Cleo Sol Sault Black Uhuru Bakar Tirza L'Rain
Park   Orbital Angel Olsen Anna Calvi Muna Amyl and the Sniffers Jenny Hval Ichiko Aoba Ethel Cain
Woodsies Jess Glynne King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Tove Lo Kojey Radical Bleachers Snail Mail Porridge Radio Coach Party

This is very, very similar to the line-up I was about to post. Top three on each day is near identical, though I'd have had Barry in the Sunday legends slot.

Green Day, The Offspring and Deftones all in the same year would be quite something!

Edited by VCK2

10 hours ago, incident said:

Realistically they're never opening the Other. If they played it'd be no lower / probably about the same as Texas this year.

Also, while it's hilariously overblown and rightly gets ridiculed for it, they'd have to play Belfast Child surely?

I mean, Other opener tends to be sizable as a draw with a bit of crossover appeal, right? Argue they fit it to a tee, but they'd also be in that Rick Astley slot too.

Belfast Child seems to drop in and out of their shows at will. Not sure it would actually get unearthed.

15 hours ago, VCK2 said:

This is very, very similar to the line-up I was about to post. Top three on each day is near identical, though I'd have had Barry in the Sunday legends slot.

Green Day, The Offspring and Deftones all in the same year would be quite something!

Any change of Offspring playing at Glasto 2024?

On 11/22/2023 at 11:41 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Any chance of Pearl Jam? Where would they fit in at Glastonbury? 

You sort of feel that they should be a pyramid headliner. The rumours are they are going to announce a 24 tour soon but I don't expect them to be at glasto next year. Personally I hope that one day they play. They fall into a bit of a weird place, massive in the 90's, large enough devoted fan base to play 1 big London park show every couple of years but I'm not convinced there is still a big cross over appeal.  That said, in some regards,  not that different to someone like Neil Young, the Cure (although the cure have more "hits ") 

One day hopefully. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I know we talk about them being small at Glastonbury historically, but sticking BMTH atop Woodsies after selling out Download is a bit of a stretch.

But a lot I like on there. Jonas Brothers, as a shout, is a rogue one.

...and Amyl second of day on the Park when they're headlining Bearded Theory and did same at Green Man. I mostly hate that line up though because it's too good and gives me clash heebies. Especially that ProdigyIDLES v Madge

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Based on nothing but a hunch I expect James Blake and The Kills to be at Glasto next year.  I couldn't place either of them on stages though. James Blake could be Park, WH or Woodsies. The Kills could be The Park, Woodsies, early on the Other.

No idea about The Kills.

James Blake - Acoustic or Avalon if he's lucky

4 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not sure if you are deliberately confusing him with James Blunt or not.  He headlined west holts in 2016 and has released another well received album this year, feel like he is similar level as last time. 

Not deliberately, but yea!

Had to check where I was - New Order, Other Stage is the answer

• Upvote 1