Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

Figured there’ll be a lot of discussion about this upcoming album and where she’ll end up on the lineup in the next couple of years so worth a thread of her own.

First single from the new album just released, and it’s a good’un. If she’s not there in a high Pyramid position next year then maybe she’s on track to go straight to the top, whether that be next year or even ‘25. I’m not expecting her to be one of Emily’s two female headliners for next year… but with the momentum her career has had, it wouldn’t be the craziest thing:

Only thing going against her headlining in ‘25 is that this album will be almost two years old by that point. Not to say that she couldn’t have another album out by then… but I wouldn’t count on it, or her even still touring by that point, so timing might not be in her favour.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So 2 albums and thats all you need is the standard now. Got it.

That’s how it used to be until the mega-headliner era. Coldplay did it before their second album was even out. If you’re popular enough and good enough then you’re popular enough and good enough. 

I don't see headliner yet BUT eventually.

Think its just completely Emily's call if she wants to bring her back next year or hold off until she's ready to go for the big spot.

Think I remember from Olivia's Instagram last year she really enjoyed the festival so I'd imagine she's keen to come back.

Quite like that tune. 

Found her 1st album to be underwhelming barring a couple of the tunes. Too much of the whispering rather than belting it out... but live on the other stage it looked a much more lively affair. Wish I'd gone.

If this album explodes she'd be 1 for the Pyramid. Headline though? Is she bigger than Lizzo? I am genuinely unsure, that's not a shot. (I suppose the answer is, how does album 2 do)

Would love to see her headline next year. Would be great to see the festival take some risks on some up and coming women who would absolutely smash it.

Let's be honest we all know for certain now that Lizzo could absolutely have headlined Glastonbury this year and would undoubtedly have gotten better reviews (and crowds) than some of those who did headline.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Would love to see her headline next year. Would be great to see the festival take some risks on some up and coming women who would absolutely smash it.

Let's be honest we all know for certain now that Lizzo could absolutely have headlined Glastonbury this year and would undoubtedly have gotten better reviews (and crowds) than some of those who did headline.

Thing is though, if they do get acts like Madonna or AC/DC locked for 2024 and Liv is willing to sub them then it's a double winner.

Given the choice of G&R and Lizzo double bill or Lizzo only, I'm happy with what we got.

She’s headliner or nothing already I’d say. If she’s not one of the two female headliners already booked then she’ll probably do R+L next year and Glasto on her next album cycle.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Figured there’ll be a lot of discussion about this upcoming album and where she’ll end up on the lineup in the next couple of years so worth a thread of her own.

First single from the new album just released, and it’s a good’un. If she’s not there in a high Pyramid position next year then maybe she’s on track to go straight to the top, whether that be next year or even ‘25. I’m not expecting her to be one of Emily’s two female headliners for next year… but with the momentum her career has had, it wouldn’t be the craziest thing:

I think it's decent and she would be a dead ringer to play under Swifty if she was playing but it would also not separate the crowd. I agree that if she doesn't say sub in 2014 then by 2015 summer it would be coming to the end anyway and there is no point subbing Glastonbury after 2 years given she clearly wouldn't get headline right at the end. You then gave to look at 2026 potentially being a fallow year and her needing another new album taking her into 2027 keeping the momentum.

Her best decision would be to play a high slot next year to keep the relevance going. It then would be a natural progression 2 years later to get the bump up etc. Fallow years are a strange one as you kinda don't get that extra year too choose how you want to go. I've no doubt that Glastonbury will want to book her