Pilton Palais

Colorblindjames

I believe there was a (smallish) fire inside on the Thursday morning. There was a fire engine and a couple of smaller fire vehicles around it and there was some smoke coming from an opening they had made in the tent (towards the back where I guess all the projetion equipment is).

I think it knocked out most of the showings (maybe all?) on the Thursday and some on the Friday.

Pretty much the only time my children were in tears!! They are crazy about spiderman and we waited to watch Across the Spiderverse at Glastonbury. Sat and watched the whole film then it cut out with 10 minutes to go so they didn't get to see the ending!! 10 minutes left only!!! Kicked us all out 🤷🏼‍♀️

47 minutes ago, spg said:

I saw King Rocker in there Thursday night, left about 11.45. I had it in my head the fire was on Friday?

Caught the end of that and the discussion afterwards. Stewart Lee yay.

I heard a projector caught fire. May have been in the Sunday Free Press I read that. Not sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Pretty much the only time my children were in tears!! They are crazy about spiderman and we waited to watch Across the Spiderverse at Glastonbury. Sat and watched the whole film then it cut out with 10 minutes to go so they didn't get to see the ending!! 10 minutes left only!!! Kicked us all out 🤷🏼‍♀️

We were there for that! My god it was hot in there, can’t believe I endured that heat for 2 hours and then missed the ending! The worst thing was I was literally penned on all sides by kids, just wanted to stretch out and have a nap 😄

3 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

If it's any consolation, it just sort of ends to set up the next one. You didn't miss anything important really.

Edited by essjay2009

1 hour ago, mario man said:

We were there for that! My god it was hot in there, can’t believe I endured that heat for 2 hours and then missed the ending! The worst thing was I was literally penned on all sides by kids, just wanted to stretch out and have a nap 😄

I know right, it was an absolute sweat box!! I had my 'mums night off' the night before and didn't go to bed until 5 so it was rough sitting through that heat for sure 🤣