The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

On 3/28/2024 at 9:22 PM, kemosabe said:

Am I correct in thinking it's pissed it down every year Coldplay have played? 

On 3/28/2024 at 9:36 PM, Neil said:

clocks go back in a few weeks, its an opportunity for an hour's less rain.

We're doomed!

I've been weighing up buying a Fresh & Black 4 man for months and finally decided to buy one earlier in the week only to discover it was sold out everywhere, think it's been discontinued...

Went to my local Decathlon store on the off chance this morning and they had 1 left, guy in the store told me it's unlikely to be restocked.

Buzzing, can't believe I actually got it.

But... I'm now going to spend my time worrying I've annoyed the weather gods. So if we get a sh*t show I guess it's partly my fault. Apologies.

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I've been weighing up buying a Fresh & Black 4 man for months and finally decided to buy one earlier in the week only to discover it was sold out everywhere, think it's been discontinued...

Went to my local Decathlon store on the off chance this morning and they had 1 left, guy in the store told me it's unlikely to be restocked.

Buzzing, can't believe I actually got it.

But... I'm now going to spend my time worrying I've annoyed the weather gods. So if we get a sh*t show I guess it's partly my fault. Apologies.

I’ve been doing the same!! Searching for a 4 person F&B but as you say it has been out of stock for a while. Thanks so much for your message as it made me take a quick look this morning and as of two mins ago there were 8 available online. With a couple of stores having just one tent in stock. Just bought one 👍👍

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, marktea said:

I’ve been doing the same!! Searching for a 4 person F&B but as you say it has been out of stock for a while. Thanks so much for your message as it made me take a quick look this morning and as of two mins ago there were 8 available online. With a couple of stores having just one tent in stock. Just bought one 👍👍

Did you buy the two room one? I’m trying to get the single room 4 man fresh and black but can’t get the link to work online. Hoping they still have it in my nearest store on Tuesday. I originally thought it was the website updating with the branding changing. 

4 hours ago, STEatT said:

Did you buy the two room one? I’m trying to get the single room 4 man fresh and black but can’t get the link to work online. Hoping they still have it in my nearest store on Tuesday. I originally thought it was the website updating with the branding changing. 

Yes its the two room one (with a room at each end of the tent and some living space in the middle) that I got online today. Not sure about the single room one but hope you manage to find one! 

Edited by marktea

10 hours ago, STEatT said:

I have an arpenaz family 5.2 blackout which I'm looking to sell. However they might be getting a new line of tents in.

Edited by dotdash79

12 hours ago, marktea said:

Great news! Which one did you get? I'm guessing the inflatable one? I managed to get the one with poles, purely as it was cheaper and lighter. Wanted to get one for my mate too but I got the last one.

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Great news! Which one did you get? I'm guessing the inflatable one? I managed to get the one with poles, purely as it was cheaper and lighter. Wanted to get one for my mate too but I got the last one.

I got the one with the poles for the same reasons…. as well as the cost, the inflatable seemed way too heavy. There are still some pole versions showing available online as of this morning if your mate wanted one. Says there are 8 left. 

Edited by marktea

50 minutes ago, marktea said:

I got the one with the poles for the same reasons…. as well as the cost, the inflatable seemed way too heavy. There are still some pole versions showing available online as of this morning if your mate wanted one. Says there are 8 left. 

Bizarre, I can't see the 4 man with poles online. Any chance you can send me the link please? I can't fine it online (possibly being dense).

57 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Bizarre, I can't see the 4 man with poles online. Any chance you can send me the link please? I can't fine it online (possibly being dense).

No problem, here’s the link. Now says there are 5 left!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/camping-tent-with-poles-arpenaz-4-2-fandb-4-person-2-bedrooms/_/R-p-310022

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

So is the weather gonna dry up in time for us to have another sunny festival..? 🌞 

Just saw this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/01/uk-risk-summer-water-shortages-hosepipe-bans-scientists-warn?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Towards the end says:

“Though it has been a wet March, if the following months are dry, as models have suggested they could be, it is possible for the UK to run out of water this summer.”

Not sure what these models are but seems time to start looking for discounted sunblock!!!*

*probably

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, marktea said:

Just saw this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/01/uk-risk-summer-water-shortages-hosepipe-bans-scientists-warn?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Towards the end says:

“Though it has been a wet March, if the following months are dry, as models have suggested they could be, it is possible for the UK to run out of water this summer.”

Not sure what these models are but seems time to start looking for discounted sunblock!!!*

*probably

It was posted at 1 minute to noon so maybe it's an April Fool

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It was posted at 1 minute to noon so maybe it's an April Fool

Did wonder about that! Sadly the article isn’t exactly a bundle of laughs so I thought it probably wasn’t. 

2 hours ago, marktea said:

Awesome, thanks. I was being thick. I think the 4 man he wants (and I bought) is 1 big tent rather than 2 “bedrooms”.

But either way, good to finally have them sorted!

• Upvote 1

Sadly there is no end in sight to this rain, for the time being.  This is the sequence from the American GFS model for the next two weeks.  Plenty more rain to come.  The March summary from the Met Office should be out in the next day or so, just to confirm how wet March was (remember March 2023 was the wettest for over 40 years but the site was fine by end of June).  It’s got to stop raining soon, right?  Right?

RPReplay_Final1712046874.gif.ac6ddfc0a779168e090bcf8f2673f032.gif

3 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Sadly there is no end in sight to this rain, for the time being.  This is the sequence from the American GFS model for the next two weeks.  Plenty more rain to come.  The March summary from the Met Office should be out in the next day or so, just to confirm how wet March was (remember March 2023 was the wettest for over 40 years but the site was fine by end of June).  It’s got to stop raining soon, right?  Right?

We need the jet stream to push north, preferably north of Scotland to pull in the warmer weather 

3 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

I feel like I've been saying that since, well, last Glastonbury

On 3/31/2024 at 3:19 PM, marktea said:

Yes its the two room one (with a room at each end of the tent and some living space in the middle) that I got online today. Not sure about the single room one but hope you manage to find one! 

Managed to get the 4.1, single room tent in decathlon today! One left in Horwich (still not showing online).