BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

8 minutes ago, WillyVWade said:

Does the non-Pyramid stuff ever show up in HDR/UHD later on?

They havent gotten there yet and prob wont for a while. It comes down to  bandwidth with 4k now anyway in regards to iplayer. So just the Pyramid being shown that way is enough to please the masses. Maybe theyll get to Other Stage when it comes to it but that might be it. Ill just take no geo restrictions though.

Edited by Suprefan

20 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

If I'm wrong I take it back but it sounded like prong to me!

I took it as self deprecating as he said he'll be watching it as well.

45 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Debbie is great. The fact that people that age can do this still amazes me. 

Absolutely. It's inspirational to see people her age still going out and doing this. Debbie, Stones and Paul McCartney all showing 80 isnt as old as it used to be.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Remember it being very clearly that Lil Nas was almost entirely mining, or at least his backing track was turned way up, when he came on with Miley, and it seems that’s very much still the case here. 

Still don’t understand this booking. Can only assume it was at Elton’s request

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah I reckon so. I think he seems like a great and very fun guy and I’m stoked that he managed to make such a career out of what should’ve been a memey one hit wonder, but a lot of his music doesn’t do much for me at all.

Old Town Road still f**ks though - looking forward to that. 

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Outside of lizzo who else would you have put there in regards to a newer act.

Personally always down with having that sort of scheduling. Emily ( or elton ) said "we're giving you lil nas x and youre gonna like it". Its not their problem if the audience cannot either listen or have a more open mind to new music.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Remember it being very clearly that Lil Nas was almost entirely mining, or at least his backing track was turned way up, when he came on with Miley, and it seems that’s very much still the case here. 

Is this meant to be entertaining?

This is not doing anything for me at all but then I'm not really the target audience I suppose. 

Just now, Suprefan said:

Personally always down with having that sort of scheduling. Emily ( or elton ) said "we're giving you lil nas x and youre gonna like it". Its not their problem if the audience cannot either listen or have a more open mind to new music.

Idk it just seems a bit out of place when the rest of the top six on the Pyramid this weekend (top seven including Foos) has been so strong. One of the most prestigious headliners they’ve ever had and the best sub they can come up with is.. Lil Nas X with one widely-recognised song? I always compare these things to how perfectly judged a warm up act Faithless was for Stevie though so maybe I’m just being unfair. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Other than a few fans at the front which you always get, most of the crowd don't seem into it at all. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Idk it just seems a bit out of place when the rest of the top six on the Pyramid this weekend (top seven including Foos) has been so strong. One of the most prestigious headliners they’ve ever had and the best sub they can come up with is.. Lil Nas X with one widely-recognised song? I always compare these things to how perfectly judged a warm up act Faithless was for Stevie though so maybe I’m just being unfair. 

Tbf he’s had a fair few hits outside of Old Town Road, but none of them have really been my thing at all.

Looks like a lot of fun, but just a bit unfortunate that a lot of his music is pretty naff. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Mimed, autotuned, littered with the N word. Not for me thanks. Massive stage horse or no massive stage horse.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lizzo earnt her spot on the Pyramid, she's done 3 or 4 Glastonbury's previously moving to a bigger slot each time, Lil Ns X hasnt done that, im probably showing my age but i'd never heard of him until the lineup was announced, granted im not the target audience for his music, but i find it an odd booking for this slot