BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf that’s a pretty ambitious slot for them in 2023. They haven’t really been ‘relevant’ or released anything particularly memorable in a good few years now.

Their newest album was my favourite of 2022. Class. I get that they aren’t exactly super popular though.

9 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Their newest album was my favourite of 2022. Class. I get that they aren’t exactly super popular though.

Actually now that you mention it, I remember really loving one of the singles from it (Stevie, I think) but for whatever reason only gave the album one listen and never returned. Maybe I need to revisit it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I love Warpaint (watching them now), but there are party bands and there are arty bands, and I f you’re a casual punter at a festival…

I'm a fan, but like someone else mentioned, its not the right slot for them, they're more of a Park stage band for me than a John Peel band, but i missed them in 2017 on the park because they clashed with Foo Fighters

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Actually now that you mention it, I remember really loving one of the singles from it (Stevie, I think) but for whatever reason only gave the album one listen and never returned. Maybe I need to revisit it.

Solid album and they got a decent crowd at Primavera last year. But subbing Woodsies always seems to be a tricky slot to fill the tent. At least for the acts I've been to anyway.

58 minutes ago, sedra said:

Just rewound to watch Chvrches- good crowd considering Foos were on pyramid 

Did that myself. They sounded very good, though it certainly it did look as though the crowd for the final songs was bulkier than the opening ones.

Think if I was there I definitely would've over-thought which of the two to see, overcomplicated it and somehow saw neither.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Royal Blood sounding huge. Don't care that they threw a tantrum and in turn made people on Twitter throw a tantrum. They'll always have bangers.

I'm seeing them support Muse on Sunday, so I'm hopeful this is a good omen for that slot.

I also like the touch of their drummer wearing an Arctic Monkeys t-shirt as a homage to Matt Helders' Royal Blood t-shirt when AM last did Glasto in 2013.

29 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

Doesnt look like a very big crowd for Warpaint

I dunno. I’ve seen much smaller. I’ve been in smaller at that stage, to be honest.

Actually really enjoyed their set on the telly. If i was at Pilton, I’d probably have followed the crowd to Fred Again…

4 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

I dunno. I’ve seen much smaller. I’ve been in smaller at that stage, to be honest.

Actually really enjoyed their set on the telly. If i was at Pilton, I’d probably have followed the crowd to Fred Again…

there was a shot early on that made it look pretty empty, its either filled up since the start or it was just the camera angle that made it seem quiet

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

there was a shot early on that made it look pretty empty, its either filled up since the start or it was just the camera angle that made it seem quiet

Think it just looked empty to the left if looking straight ahead on stage.