2023 Accessible Map

StoneCircle

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Interesting. Has there been the sensory calm spaces for some time? I can’t recall ever seeing a sign for them, there’s quite a few too.

…and never seen the bus stops either. 

It's because it's aimed at people using the Accessible facilities. There are shuttle buses for people staying in Spring Ground to various points within the site. Likewise the Access Routes are only for people who have that wristband. The sensory calm space was new in 2022 I think and another has been added this year. See link below.

There are also Worthy Rest areas, see screenshot below.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/sensory-calm-space/🙂

FB_IMG_1686169449360.jpg

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

That's accessibility camping, this is Oxfam staff camping. 

IMG-20230531-WA0004.jpg

On a thread about the accessible map as well, how did I not see that.

For clarity, people requiring accessible camping are not fun sponges and as an apology I will try my best to ensure I'm in a state where I find it as hard as possible to back to travel back to the tent in solidarity.

10 minutes ago, jow95 said:

On a thread about the accessible map as well, how did I not see that.

For clarity, people requiring accessible camping are not fun sponges and as an apology I will try my best to ensure I'm in a state where I find it as hard as possible to back to travel back to the tent in solidarity.

Game-of-thrones-shame GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

14 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Interesting. Has there been the sensory calm spaces for some time? I can’t recall ever seeing a sign for them, there’s quite a few too.

…and never seen the bus stops either. 

I think they started last time, it was just the one spot for quiet for neurodiverse people to get respite if needed.

6 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

High-Res-Map.jpg.b2dad1ea551815d48953cdea40292d39.jpg

Thanks for posting, I could, and will, look at that for hours! I am not sure what day it was taken, presumably Friday onwards as the stages have crowds in them, its interesting to see which fields still aren't full then with a view to camping spots next year as we arrive quite late... I have often through about Backhouse, as it always looks quite sparse, so seems to have loads of space into the weekend, although it is a bit out of the way

Does anyone know what the out of bounds fields to the East of Acoustic are used for, there are a few tents there but there must be enough open space for 30,000 tents there if they wanted! Seems such a waste, especially being so close to the action, I assume really posh/hospitality? I havent noticed that amount of green space so close to the main stages before

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Does anyone know what the out of bounds fields to the East of Acoustic are used for, there are a few tents there but there must be enough open space for 30,000 tents there if they wanted! Seems such a waste, especially being so close to the action, I assume really posh/hospitality? I havent noticed that amount of green space so close to the main stages before

That's The Love Fields, extremely expensive pre-erected tents or pitch your own. https://www.thelovefields.com/?fbclid=IwAR2DeUeo6Sg3BZwTB48Obh-kVl2OgBhQxIgNJqiPMJvAhSwQFoWAh4STBTc 

No idea what day it was taken, someone posted it on here. 🙂

31 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

That's The Love Fields, extremely expensive pre-erected tents or pitch your own. https://www.thelovefields.com/?fbclid=IwAR2DeUeo6Sg3BZwTB48Obh-kVl2OgBhQxIgNJqiPMJvAhSwQFoWAh4STBTc 

Blimey, thats incredible, thanks. To have a large field so close to the main area and be so sparsely occupied is incredible. It looks empty, there arent many cars there either, seems such a waste, green space everywhere. It looks to be bigger than Worthy View and closer to the main stages, they could have fitted 10000 tents in that space! Even if it wasnt pre-erected tents, they could have charged a couple of hundred quid to reserve your own camping spot and bring your own tent. Surely they would make more money that way, and relieve some of the pressure for camping sites within the perimeter

... I want to but that peace of land!

57 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

The landowner and the festival had a significant falling out about 10 years ago, and while I believe things have softened a bit in recent years the relationship between the two has been absolutely toxic at times. Unless/until those fields change hands, there's no likely scenario they're made available to GFL again.

13 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Blimey, thats incredible, thanks. To have a large field so close to the main area and be so sparsely occupied is incredible. It looks empty, there arent many cars there either, seems such a waste, green space everywhere. It looks to be bigger than Worthy View and closer to the main stages, they could have fitted 10000 tents in that space! Even if it wasnt pre-erected tents, they could have charged a couple of hundred quid to reserve your own camping spot and bring your own tent. Surely they would make more money that way, and relieve some of the pressure for camping sites within the perimeter

outside the fence so dependant on what the land owner choses to do with it £££££s 

1 minute ago, incident said:

The landowner and the festival had a significant falling out about 10 years ago, and while I believe things have softened a bit in recent years the relationship between the two has been absolutely toxic at times. Unless/until those fields change hands, there's no likely scenario they're made available to GFL again.

I wonder how they can guarantee tickets then?

23 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

There's a similar set up in what was E22 campervan field. This one is called Festibell,  it's pre-erected bell tents. You can see the it bottom centre of this screenshot. Again it is very sparsely populated.

Screenshot_20230608-191952~2.png

Edited by StoneCircle